Awoo.

To Be Continued? Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 3's Not Gonna Happen?

MetaShiruken

To be honest I really doubt that there will be third episode... Of course I would appreciate if they're going to make Episode 3 (I would love to play as Tails solo) however the rating for Sonic 4 Episode 2 hasn't been great so far and the sales are not as good as for Sonic CD or Episode 1 so far...

But it would be really amazing if they're going make Episode 3 :3

I'm sure Episode 3 will come. E2 sold well. I'm OK with that. I thought Episode 1 was fun and E2improved on things like physics, music and graphics. I still haven't played E2, though.

First of all, I'm pretty curious as to why you haven't played E2 yet after you've supported it so much. Secondly, I agree with you saying you're sure Ep3 will come. A title like S4 isn't difficult or expensive to produce, sells very well and SEGA are all for embracing digital games right now. If they don't make Ep3 cause they're serious about making a game that doesn't suck, you can be sure another cheaply-produced digital title will take it's place.

• Thumbs Up 1

First of all, I'm pretty curious as to why you haven't played E2 yet after you've supported it so much. Secondly, I agree with you saying you're sure Ep3 will come. A title like S4 isn't difficult or expensive to produce, sells very well and SEGA are all for embracing digital games right now. If they don't make Ep3 cause they're serious about making a game that doesn't suck, you can be sure another cheaply-produced digital title will take it's place.

I haven't had the chance to go onto the internet with my 360 yet.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I think there will never be an Ep 3. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

However, the novelty of seeing old levels revisited is REALLY wearing on me.(and I don't think I'm the only one.)

Episode 2 was nice because it took some ideas from the greatest 2D sonic game of all but still... :/

Anyway, I'm glad It got SS in a darn game before the Final Boss again though.

Personally, I think there will never be an Ep 3. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

However, the novelty of seeing old levels revisited is REALLY wearing on me.(and I don't think I'm the only one.)

Episode 2 was nice because it took some ideas from the greatest 2D sonic game of all but still... :/

Anyway, I'm glad It got SS in a darn game before the Final Boss again though.

That and Sonic 4 is running out of Sonic 2 levels to rip off. Sonic 4 could always try and copy the levels that never made it in Sonic 2, like Wood Zone, Genocide City Zone and Hidden Palace Zone.

Kind of in two minds about another Sonic 4 episode. I would be happy with Sonic 2 HD Widescreen instead of an Ep3.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Meh, I'm not bothered. Sonic 4 was doomed conceptually from the moment the homing attack was conceived/implemented in it.

Seriously, homing attack in 2D, in Sonic 4, it's stupid and destroys the classic badnik-bopping. It's also bad for level design.

I doubt it will be continued, but I certainly hope Sonic doesn't just leave the little planet covered in metal and crap.

I'd like an Episode 3, because the series is slowly improving. Episode 1 was a mediocre start, but Episode 2 was a good improvement. If they can ease up on the bottomless pits, not put so much speed boosters, make the bosses better (let's face it, the bosses have sucked), have more alternate routes, fix the pyhsics a bit more, improve on the music quality, and lastly, have the option to play as other characters on the main game, then the series could be seen as improving each time.

Why stop when it's improving?

I'd like an Episode 3, because the series is slowly improving. Episode 1 was a mediocre start, but Episode 2 was a good improvement. If they can ease up on the bottomless pits, not put so much speed boosters, make the bosses better (let's face it, the bosses have sucked), have more alternate routes, fix the pyhsics a bit more, improve on the music quality, and lastly, have the option to play as other characters on the main game, then the series could be seen as improving each time.

Why stop when it's improving?

I want an episode 3 to see a proper end to a trilogy, and because Episode 2 was actually decent. As for Rush and Advance, unless they plan on bringing a level playable Super Sonic with them, then they can stay gone. Same with Rush.

Plunging a knife into your chest probably stops hurting so bad after a while, but that's no reason to continue doing it.

Plunging a knife into a chest is a slow and painful death right? Which is basically what the Sonic 4 saga feels like. Don't get me wrong I would love there to be an Episode 3, but I would expect the product to improve dramatically (a lot needs to change IMO) and that won't happen lets face it.

I do wonder how well Ep2 has sold since it's release in May, compared to Sonic CD.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno how Sonic 4 can be paralleled with 'Plunging a Knife into your chest slowly and painfully' when you remember Episode 2 was a vast improvement over 1 in nearly every way imaginable. It went from mediocre to fairly decent.

If Episode 3 can provide another huge leap such as that, I think it'll stand just fine.

I hope if they don't make episode 3, there won't be a rabid bunch of kids nagging about OMG SA3 and S4:E3 must be made!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?