Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

can we please not De-rail this topic AGAIN? pretty sure if you guys keep this up they'll lock it

lets hate to agree that SA2 has lovers and haters.

uhm, like every other game out there then? yes.

• Thumbs Up 3

>People saying that online multiplayer is a possibility and there's a chance SEGA has just neglected to mention the sole feature that would drive a lot of people to actually give a shit about the port

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

>People saying that online multiplayer is a possibility and there's a chance SEGA has just neglected to mention the sole feature that would drive a lot of people to actually give a shit about the port

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.gif

Well, to be fair, this is Sega. I wouldn't be surprised if they did forget to mention it.

But it's far more plausible that this port will be lazy.

• Thumbs Up 8

Why go so far as to enter a specific topic regarding the game just to attack it? I think Doom 3 was an absolutely terrible game, but you don't see me entering the Doom 3 topic on here and saying how I hope the remake fails miserably and gets horrid reviews.

There's been plenty of posts talking about the possibility of online multiplayer and a steam port for possible mods that you guys have been completely ignoring in favor of just making some generic snarky comment about how you hate this game.

If you want to convince people not to buy this game, you're out of luck here because majority of us have already set to either buy or ignore the game, any posts you make regardless are just unnecessarily cynical and just make the topic a dread to read for people who actually enjoy playing the game. Plus, you're really just repeating it to the same 10 people who are following this topic, so it's become quite redundant at this point.

Like I said before, just take your cynicism to GameFAQs. There's quite a bit of it there and there's plenty of people who'll gladly join you in your beloved hatedom towards a video game that other people seem to like.

Oh well, in the end, it'll still be a critical failure.

Sorry bub, I don't like SA2 because I didn't find it fun back when I first played it in 2008. It frustrated the shit out of me and I couldn't stand to put up with its bullshit. People don't bash this game because its popular to do so (which it isn't), its because they didn't like the goddamn game.

I can understand that because SA2 isn't a perfect game, so naturally, not everybody's going to like it, but where's the need to put those who enjoy the game down in this topic? Like, I know you guys aren't actually attacking anybody, but I dunno man, just the whole negativity in this topic just gives me a huge depressing vibe, if you might know what I mean... maybe not, who knows?

Ok then, have fun. Not everyone shares your sentiments, but they are equally entitled to share their beliefs and opinions.

I guess. It is a forum for discussion after all... tongue.png

Your endless gushing at SA2 and how much you love it is equally unproductive.

.....Okay, are you serious? I mentioned that I liked the game twice, in two separate sentences, like, in a very small paragraph. How was that supposed to be endless?

.....Okay, are you serious? I mentioned that I liked the game twice, in two separate sentences, like, in a very small paragraph. How was that supposed to be endless?

Apologize for not making it explicit, but its not aimed directly at you.

Comments like "OH YES, I LURVE SA2, CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS" are about as productive as "I HATE THIS GAME, I HOPE IT FAILS CRITICALLY"

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Apologize for not making it explicit, but its not aimed directly at you.

Comments like "OH YES, I LURVE SA2, CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS" are about as productive as "I HATE THIS GAME, I HOPE IT FAILS CRITICALLY"

Yeah, true, I guess I can understand your desire to want to balance the positive and negativity towards SA2's release. I tend to do the same actually towards other things that are either overly hyped/praised or completely ignored/hated. The console wars tend to be a good example, the 360 being the former (overly praised), and the Wii being the later (constantly bashed), but of course, that's a topic of it's own. Back to SA2 discussion. tongue.png

I could care less about online multiplayer, im tiered of every thing being online nowadays. I dont hate online, i just miss bots and stuff like that. I still play SA2 i have the dreamcast and gamecube versions, I know it's not "the best game ever made" but i still enjoy playing it. I also have SA1 on dreamcast, gamecube and pc, and still enjoy it to. Id really like a new sonic shuffle because i really like the first one, well at least the mini-games.

• Thumbs Up 1

As others have said, SA2 ain't the best 3D Sonic but it's still pretty fun. I kind of view it as the guilty pleasure game, everyone secretly loves City Escape xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, in the end, it'll still be a critical failure.

It's the same game. BUT WITH HD!

omg im so buying this

Funny you know you say your favourite game is Sonic CD 2011 right ? that's a remake or a port of a older game.

You know what ? That is the same game as the SONIC CD for the Mega CD BUT WITH WIDESCREEN AND HD FILTERS TOO WITH LEADERBOARDS! (sure it adds S2 spindash so what it still plays with original Sonic CD physics if you don't enable it and duel soundtrack so what) See I can do that too, just because YOU don't like the game doesn't mean you can fly around screaming "THIS GAME WILL BE A FAILURE" When it may bring NEW Sonic fans with these XBLA/PSN releases what their parents will buy them.

IMO this game will not be a critical failure It's got SONIC ADVENTURE slapped on the title it's bound to sell a lot of digital copies and it will bring fans like STEVE who hasn't played it in many many years to play it again on his Xbox or PS3 (maybe he's holding out for PC release like myself XD) and it will provide money for SEGA to develop the next SEGA IP/SONIC digital release or retail (imo I think that)

Sorry to go slightly off topic and have a rant thar. Back in to lurker mode wink.png

Edited by Father Kazama
  • Thumbs Up 4

If it goes on Steam, I'm buying it for the mods alone :B

Hopefully it will go to Steam, 'cos then I might be interested in getting it too. At a low, low price of course. :3

Edited by Gabz Girl

IMO this game will not be a critical failure It's got SONIC ADVENTURE slapped on the title it's bound to sell a lot of digital copies and it will bring fans like STEVE who hasn't played it in many many years to play it again on his Xbox or PS3 (maybe he's holding out for PC release like myself XD) and it will provide money for SEGA to develop the next SEGA IP/SONIC digital release or retail (imo I think that)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/sonic-adventure - Hardly critical acclaim. It's due to how the game has aged I guess. SA2 hasn't suffered quite as bad though.

And you seem to be conflating commercial with critical. It will definitely sell well so it will do well commercially but the critic ratings won't be very good. I'm personally expecting mid 60s, low 70s at best. So maybe "failure" is an exaggeration.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n

There's been plenty of posts talking about the possibility of online multiplayer and a steam port for possible mods that you guys have been completely ignoring in favor of just making some generic snarky comment about how you hate this game.

I'm actually pretty sure the possibility (or total lack thereof) of online play and mod support has been brought up multiple times by both sides.

Funny you know you say your favourite game is Sonic CD 2011 right ? that's a remake or a port of a older game.

You know what ? That is the same game as the SONIC CD for the Mega CD BUT WITH WIDESCREEN AND HD FILTERS TOO WITH LEADERBOARDS! (sure it adds S2 spindash so what it still plays with original Sonic CD physics if you don't enable it and duel soundtrack so what) See I can do that too, just because YOU don't like the game doesn't mean you can fly around screaming "THIS GAME WILL BE A FAILURE" When it may bring NEW Sonic fans with these XBLA/PSN releases what their parents will buy them.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to satirize, since you undermine your own comparison in a joking matter and it wasn't a valid one in the first place. Rephrase?

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 1

A button only for light dashing would be cool.

Or at the very least increasing the timing window for doing it.

Sorry to go slightly off topic and have a rant thar. Back in to lurker mode wink.png

At least CD is worth playing. ;)

At least CD is worth playing. wink.png

Oh my God. All right I am not Adventure fanboy (Just fan) but this is going too far.

Years ago I let my friends who are FPS players play SA2 on my Dreamcast and they enjoyed it. They said that it was great platformer and nice game to play. They asked me to play CD on my PS3 recently and they said that it was shit. Yes they said that. You see everything is matter of opinion and in some people opinion CD plays like shit. So CD "HD" port (which isn't really HD and is just same game with new spindash) is just same shit with widescreen and isn't worth playing.

I like SA2 that's why I don't participate in those stupid flamewars. It seems that bashing SA2 is trendy now but it's still a Sonic game every gamer I know enjoys playing while CD is only for gamers who like retro platformers and yes my friends think that SA2 is far more enjoyable than Colors or any of the classics.

So can you please cut it off already!

EDIT:Sorry Carbo I haven't seen your post. Should I scrap my post?

Edited by HUNTER297
  • Thumbs Up 3

At least CD is worth playing. wink.png

The remake may have gotten it more fans, but I can name a couple of people I know that still hate CD regardless. :/

Anywho, so then will there be updated voice acting or will it stay the same?

• Thumbs Up 1

So CD "HD" port (which isn't really HD and is just same game with new spindash) is just same shit with widescreen and isn't worth playing.

So can you please cut it off already!

So you're insulting CD 2011 for being too similar to CD '92, (even though it at least adds a character) and defending SA2 2012, which is... Sonic Adventure 2 on Xbox.

Didn't CD come out in '93? o_O

Way to completely miss the point.

Edited by Diabetic in Sweet Mountain

So you're insulting CD 2011 for being too similar to CD '92, (even though it at least adds a character) and defending SA2 2012, which is... Sonic Adventure 2 on Xbox.

Didn't CD come out in '93? o_O

Anywho, so then will there be updated voice acting or will it stay the same?

Going by how they re-released SADX, I doubt it. It would be kinda cool to see what Roger and co can finally do with a somewhat more serious plot but I doubt Sega would pay them to repeat some lines other people already did (and gained eternal love through out the sonic fan universe).