Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

And there you go again with that bullshit. Like clockwork.

And reiterating again out of the hopes that you get it this time that this port doesn't have any of the things you have been saying it has had for a month now is perfectly on topic, funnily enough. The Sonic Adventure 3 nonsense that Sean was referring to was not.

Did you not read my response?

I've explained the differences. Some of the things I said such as enhanced textures and more detail may very well be because of the new filters installed, but that still makes it a difference. Dolphin also does have texture enhancing filters (Making the game much more clear) that the Gamecube and Dreamcast doesn't have.

I honestly cannot be bothered to continue your silly little argument. SEGA themselves said they're remastering it. That's what I pointed out. It may be true, it may not be. I noted the differences I could see to perhaps bring truth to their claim. I may have been off about one or two things, but does it matter? No.

I actually like that they're bringing Sonic Adventure 2 to Xbox Live and PSN. I just hope that they do more than just online leaderboards and scaled up graphics. I'd like to see the camera fixed, for instance. Online multiplayer would be pretty nice. If they're using the original English voice acting, I hope they also fix the sound mixing, because it's very, VERY hard to hear them, especially David Humphrey. But, I kinda hope that they do a re-record with a new script and with the current cast. But, keep the other English track just for the fans that like it and all that.

Buuuut, I'll probably just wait till they put it up on Steam or something.

You all can say whatever you want to but in the end it will be up to YOU to decide to buy it or not.

SA2 was wonderful and I haven't played it in a long time. Widescreen is enough for me to buy it.

Amen to that, Steve-o! It just sucks that there's this, as well as Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS into Dreams which are prematurely chewing my wallet..

Can't wait for the remastered port!

• Thumbs Up 6

It is interesting to me that they have the GameCube source code for SA2. This means that they should have had the source code for Gems Collection GameCube, which had the Sonic CD PC Port. That means they should have C++ code for the classic Sonic physics already.

This is SEGA's chance to do a decent port and improve the original product. As they are pretty much going to be focusing primarily on digital releases, this is a great opportunity to show us what they can do.

The expectation of a great port for SA2 might be less that the expectation for the Sonic CD re-release was, but they have every chance to make it just as successful-to sell really well.

You all can say whatever you want to but in the end it will be up to YOU to decide to buy it or not.

SA2 was wonderful and I haven't played it in a long time. Widescreen is enough for me to buy it.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap it's like a war zone here. D;

If this version of SA2 doesn't get online multiplayer, updated graphics/textures, better camera and other stuff then I don't see why I should waste my money on it. I still have my copy for the Gamecube and I'm never going to trade it in. 8)

I...like SA2 (SA1 is hilariously BAD), but does it really make me to buy another copy of the same game? Nope.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Anyone noticed this in press release. They say that gamę comes this fall to XBLA for X360 and PSN.

They don't mention PS3 just PSN. This can mean that we may get Vita release.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone noticed this in press release. They say that gamę comes this fall to XBLA for X360 and PSN.

They don't mention PS3 just PSN. This can mean that we may get Vita release.

That will send plenty of Sonic fans who own the Vita (All 2 of them) to go into a frenzy.

Though, its a pretty neat idea, being able to play a full-blown 3D Sonic game on a handheld....even if it is SA2.

Not bothered about a XBLA or PSN release SEGA just needs to announce a Steam version of SA2 and everything will be good in the world. =D

Also I still enjoy SA2 when I play it on my GC or DC I never really thought it was bad even over the years as I got older I still think it's a great game but with flaws (It's not like any other game is perfect is it ? Not even Mario is.) anyway but eh opinions will be opinions I'll have my own. wink.png

Edited by Kazama
  • Thumbs Up 3

just so glad ill finally be able to play SA2 without losing my save file like when i played it on the Gamecube every so often id turn the cube on and my file would be erased and im like fantastic i lost all my chao

The SA1 port took up 1731 MB on my PS3. Quite a chunk. No doubt that the SA2 HD port will use up a similar amount of MB space if not quite a bit more? In terms of size is SA2 bigger than SA1?

Holy crap it's like a war zone here. D;

If this version of SA2 doesn't get online multiplayer, updated graphics/textures, better camera and other stuff then I don't see why I should waste my money on it. I still have my copy for the Gamecube and I'm never going to trade it in. 8)

I...like SA2 (SA1 is hilariously BAD), but does it really make me to buy another copy of the same game? Nope.

If it goes on Steam, I'm buying it for the mods alone :B

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast version) is 720mb I'm sure. With all the extras... probably the same size as DX.

The SA1 port took up 1731 MB on my PS3. Quite a chunk. No doubt that the SA2 HD port will use up a similar amount of MB space if not quite a bit more? In terms of size is SA2 bigger than SA1?

Not sure. On one hand it doesn't have hubworlds. On the other hand it has 9 HUGE FUCKING TREASURE HUNTING LEVELS (though they're mostly empty) and 9 fair sized mech levels. I think they would take up more space than SA1's hubworlds but I don't know...

I just don't see the unneeded hostility here. It's cool if you don't like the game, but it feels like many of you are trying to make other people feel bad for wanting it, as Azu said a while back.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just don't see the unneeded hostility here. It's cool if you don't like the game, but it feels like many of you are trying to make other people feel bad for wanting it, as Azu said a while back.

It's the same game. BUT WITH HD!

omg im so buying this

Steve knows what's up. :P

Also, that was exactly what I meant. Let's not argue about people enjoying things!

I'm going to make a generic comment that somehow bashes Sonic Adventure 2 on here because it's the popular thing to do now apparently, and I think I'm being clever by doing so. Nevermind the fact that some of us on here actually LIKE the game and look forward to getting it.

For me, I know it's not confirmed yet, but if they're adding online Multiplayer or if there's gonna be a Steam release, I sure as hell look forward to getting it. I'll finally be able to find decent players for Multiplayer and actually be able to put my SA2B skills to the test without having to play with my hands behind my back so the other player doesn't lose and throw a fit because I beat him so terribly. And concerning mods, I'd love to see the kind of new stuff that might be added to one of my favorite games of all time.

I mean really, we get it. You hate SA2, but your negativity isn't doing anything productive on here. It's just being directed towards the same small group of people actually following this topic. If anything, it's starting to make SSMB look like GameFAQs, and if you want to act like the people on there, go troll on their boards instead... Besides, their SA2 board is 10x more active with a much bigger variety of people to spread your pessimism to anyway.

http://www.gamefaqs....nic-adventure-2

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to make a generic comment that somehow bashes Sonic Adventure 2 on here because it's the popular thing to do now apparently, and I think I'm being clever by doing so.

Sorry bub, I don't like SA2 because I didn't find it fun back when I first played it in 2008. It frustrated the shit out of me and I couldn't stand to put up with its bullshit. People don't bash this game because its popular to do so (which it isn't), its because they didn't like the goddamn game.

Nevermind the fact that some of us on here actually LIKE the game and look forward to getting it.

Ok then, have fun. Not everyone shares your sentiments, but they are equally entitled to share their beliefs and opinions.

I mean really, we get it. You hate SA2, but your negativity isn't doing anything productive on here. It's just being directed towards the same small group of people actually following this topic
Your endless gushing at SA2 and how much you love it is equally unproductive.

If anything, it's starting to make SSMB look like GameFAQs, and if you want to act like the people on there, go troll on their boards instead... Besides, their SA2 board is 10x more active with a much bigger variety of people to spread your pessimism to anyway.

Nobody is trolling here, unless having a different opinion and not looking forward to this port (whether you're a fan of SA2 or not) counts as "trolling"

Edited by Scar

Why be productive about shit?

Why go so far as to enter a specific topic regarding the game just to attack it? I think Doom 3 was an absolutely terrible game, but you don't see me entering the Doom 3 topic on here and saying how I hope the remake fails miserably and gets horrid reviews.

It's going to be an awful port of an awful game, what is there to talk about that hasn't already been said?

There's been plenty of posts talking about the possibility of online multiplayer and a steam port for possible mods that you guys have been completely ignoring in favor of just making some generic snarky comment about how you hate this game.

If you want to convince people not to buy this game, you're out of luck here because majority of us have already set to either buy or ignore the game, any posts you make regardless are just unnecessarily cynical and just make the topic a dread to read for people who actually enjoy playing the game. Plus, you're really just repeating it to the same 10 people who are following this topic, so it's become quite redundant at this point.

Like I said before, just take your cynicism to GameFAQs. There's quite a bit of it there and there's plenty of people who'll gladly join you in your beloved hatedom towards a video game that other people seem to like.

• Thumbs Up 2