Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Looks like they're using the ASR model for Ristar, it looked kinda soulless but for a flag bearer it doesn't really matter.

i'm guessing it's just BETA at this point, it'll probably have new life breathed into it for retail versions, have faith!

• Thumbs Up 1

I never expected them in the first place.

You mean there were some people that did? Even after it was said that there wouldn't be two characters in one vehicle?

With the likes of Hornet, Ecco, Ristar, Vectorman and Toejam & Earl out what is left that isn't already in the game (or where in the old one)?

Kazuma Kiryu is the only one that I'm still hoping for that isn't already deconfirmed. Him and Segata Sanshiro.

Edit: and a Streets of Rage rep.

Edited by Tmsp

I knew there was no hope but it's like every single highly requested character has been shot down, first Vectorman, then Ristar and now TJ&E...

I know there's reasons why they're not in but it just seems like there's so many humans and not enough original characters that aren't Sonic or monkeys.

SInce guys brought All-star moves, I wonder if Super Sonic and Super Shadow are in the game? I saw some footage where Sonic used some kind of all-star move and all he did was transform into a plane mode and shoot some stuff or something.. I found that incredibly uncreative and uninspiring. I expected to see Super Sonic. So can you tell me if Super Sonic (and Shadow) is in the game?

Hmm. A completely brand new all-star move is "uncreative and uninspiring", yet the exact same move he's had in every game beforehand is the opposite?

Fanboy logic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, my final thoughts:

1 Alex Kidd

2 Billy Hatcher

3 Sarah Bryant

4 Arle & Carbuncle

5 Axel Stone

6 Yam Yam

7 360 exclusive

DLC:

Ryo Hazuki

Bayonetta

Ash (Hell Yeah)

Blaze the Cat

If there was a 360 exclusive I'm sure Microsoft would've been gloating about it long before now.

And it is supposed to be Yan Yan, but Mee Mee is much more likely anyway...

If Alex Kidd and Billy Hatcher make their return then that leaves one more guest and four more Sega characters?

Hmm, well.. hopefully they're awesome choices.

If there's any more secondaries they need to be Aika and Sarah Bryant, unless there is no Virtua Fighter primary in which case Sarah becomes the new primary.

Tyris Flare would be good also.

Some speculation fuel, but take it with a grain of salt; Someone posted this:

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7598908

If what I heard was right, and it most likely is, once Sumo reveals some certain characters, every argument about Ryo not fitting will come crashing down.

Me: I've been following a lot of SART news, and this is the first time I've heard something like this. Could you share?

No, sorry... I can't betray the trust of the ones who told me this.

Someone else:Can I ask...why you were told these things? I mean really kind of hard to believe they picked one random user and said "hey so and so is in the game. Don't tell anyone."

It's alright, you don't have to believe, the source could also be wrong too, or Sumo changed their plans since then. But I can't say on who told me or how I was told, sorry.

Well, on paper... I don't think anyone one here would like them at all, its pretty eyebrow raising inclusions, if true.

I think I've said enough...

Edited by FourCartridge

Well it could mean that we may get one or two more realistic looking characters in the game, like one of the OutRun couple, Bayonetta, Bruce Delinger, or so on.

Hmm. A completely brand new all-star move is "uncreative and uninspiring", yet the exact same move he's had in every game beforehand is the opposite?

Fanboy logic.

All he did was do homing attack the person in front of him while his vehicle turned into flight mode with rings surrounding it :U

secret solved: the rest of the roster is all secondary characters!

That would be a suicide move

Some are, some definitely aren't. But... you'll need to wait to find out :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully those secondary characters are female. I can't imagine everyone else is as fond of sausage as I am.

• Thumbs Up 5

A few thoughts about recent happenings:

I'm actually fairly pleased at the inclusion of Ristar. I always figured he was a long-shot at best, but at least now I get to see him every race.

It's a bit too bad that Toejam & Earl won't be playable, but again--they were long-shots at best, especially since there won't be two riders to a car (unless there's some clever mincing of words, and that while Toejam and Earl won't be playable, Toejam or Earl will--and who's to say who is the primary and who is the "secondary" character of the duo. wink.png )

If not, at least S0L wouldn't be misleading us--this is all fun conjecture.

I'm really excited to see who will be revealed next. If any of my hopefuls aren't in the mix, well...there's always hope for downloadable content.

Kazuma Kiryu is the only one that I'm still hoping for that isn't already deconfirmed.

I've been wanting to say this for a while but didn't want to be flooded by "BUT RYO IS SO MUCH BETTER AND WAS IN THE FIRST RACING GAME" posts.

Whether it's true or not...I like Kiryu too...

All he did was do homing attack the person in front of him while his vehicle turned into flight mode with rings surrounding it :U

That's the thing, none of us fully understand what it does. I don't have a clue what the rings are supposed to do or why the car enters flight. So don't call it "uncreative and uninspired" before we know what it does.