Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

What are you guys talking about? S0L's post at the SEGA Forums explains it all clearly.

• 29 characters total
  • No single version has all 29
  • Some platforms have low 20's, while some have high 20's.
  • Some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform.
  • Some are SEGA characters, some aren't.

Yes. Going by that, let's break this down even further.

"29 characters total"

The last version of ASR had 25 characters total (including console exclusives like Banjo, the 360 Avatar and the Miis, and the two DLC characters Forklift Ryo and Metal Sonic).

"No single version has all 29"

Continuing from the statement above, no single version of ASR had all 25 characters, as it would be legally impossible to play as 360 avatars and Banjo on the PS3 for instance. So this statement is nothing to panic about.

"Some platforms have low 20's, while some have high 20's."

"Some are SEGA characters, some aren't."

Logic denotes that the platforms that get stiffed on characters would be the handheld versions due to not having as much memory as the console and PC versions. This also happened with ASR on the mobile/iOS versions.

"Some platforms have characters that are unique to that platform."

Self-explanatory.

So it should all be good. Let's wait and see for the last word from S0L before we light the torches.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Some platforms have low 20's, while some have high 20's."

"Some are SEGA characters, some aren't."

Logic denotes that the platforms that get stiffed on characters would be the handheld versions due to not having as much memory as the console and PC versions. This also happened with ASR on the mobile/iOS versions.

I seriously doubt it's memory. It likely means that some platforms will get characters that are exclusive to a platform holder or SEGA/third party characters that have only appeared on a specific platform.

EDIT:

Plus, there are Miis and Avatars to consider.

• Thumbs Up 1

this guy is pretty annoying. And the whole "WHY IS HE IN A CAR?" Comment didn't make me find him any more appealing.

this guy is pretty annoying. And the whole "WHY IS HE IN A CAR?" Comment didn't make me find him any more appealing.

Edited by sonfan1984

Something that worries me is that Sony's new "thing" of late is exclusive content. They're more than willing to pony up cash to get PS3/Vita exclusives. Megaman & Pacman are planned to remain as PS3/Vita exclusives in Street Fighter X Tekken, even though those characters have nothing to do with that platform in particular.

I hope the guy in the vid was wrong when he said only 21 characters are in the game.

Something that worries me is that Sony's new "thing" of late is exclusive content. They're more than willing to pony up cash to get PS3/Vita exclusives. Megaman & Pacman are planned to remain as PS3/Vita exclusives in Street Fighter X Tekken, even though those characters have nothing to do with that platform in particular.

Edited by Sora

This is just too weird. I'll try to get the one that has the high twenties or at least the one that have Sonic,NiGHTS,Vectorman,Amigo, Akira Yuki,Ulala,Vyse,and Billy Hatcher.

Edited by Shego13

No wonder they took Sega out of the name, I hope Mario is in the Wii U version so he can get his overal ass kicked in.

They're in direct competition with Nintendo, I don't think Mario's going to be in it.

True, but it would be nice to belt the moustache of that little plumber-ass' face.

True, but it would be nice to belt the moustache of that little plumber-ass' face.

They'll do that by taking a chunk out of his game's sales. Sonic is gunning against him once again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Its not like there is a Mario Kart coming out this year... it wouldn't hurt too much to send a Nintendo character over seeing as how a gamers appetite for kart racers could have easily reset by the time they get around to making a Mario Kart for the WiiU.

If anything, putting a Nintendo character into ASRT would help Nintendo by a.) Giving the WiiU an endorsed Kart game at launch and b.) Steal sales away from Sony's effort.

I could see a Nintendo character fitting in for b.) alone.

Its not like there is a Mario Kart coming out this year...

That doesn't matter. If there's still a Mario Kart game in retail stores at all then Transformed is competing against it. Whether or not it came out this year is irrelevant. It would just be a more difficult battle if one were being released this year. Mario Kart as a franchise is this game's archenemy.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I agree with DogTagz. There's not a Mario Kart Wii U in sight, so I doubt Nintendo is worrying about that. When it comes out, it'll outsell Transformed, regardless if Mario is in or not.

On the topic of SEGA exclusive characters, as long as only the IOS versions lose some, I'm fine, but if the consoles do, I'll be pissed. I have no problem with exclusive gues characters, but if it would spread to SEGA characters, I'd feel cheated out.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

What is this I just read? Now if I want to play as all chars I'll have to buy EVERY SINGLE VIDEOGAME EXISTING? I can tolerate exclusive Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo IPs, but NOT SEGA'S, they're the main meal, seriously, I lost basically all my fate on this game. If awesome characthers I'm waiting like Ristar, Toejam & Earl or Vectorman are Xbox 360 or 3DS exclusive, well fuck, I'm not buying any version of the game. Sorry, really sorry Sumo, I like you guys, but that was a bad, really BAD idea, period.

Edited by Jango

What is this I just read? Now if I want to play as all chars I'll have to buy EVERY SINGLE VIDEOGAME EXISTING? I can tolerate exclusive Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo IPs, but NOT SEGA'S, they're the main meal, seriously, I lost basically all my fate on this game. If awesome characthers I'm waiting like Ristar, Toejam & Earl or Vectorman are Xbox 360 or 3DS exclusive, well fuck, I'm not buying any version of the game. Sorry, really sorry Sumo, I like you guys, but that was a bad, really BAD idea, period.

Chill out, man.

They never said any Sega characters would be exclusives.

It could be the portable versions having less memory and factoring in things like Miis, Avatars, and third party exclusives.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mario and Sonic have starred in four games together, any rivalry between them is pretty much dead, so it isn't IMPOSSIBLE for Mario to be in this game.

Woah, did we just go back to the 90's?

I feel really scared for Ryo Hazuki now sad.png

Eh, I wouldn't worry much about it, Ryo will most likely be in there from the start or later in DLC form. They also have 13 or 14 characters left to announce, so I wouldn't get TOO worried.

Edited by Andrew GarFred

If the bonus edition is the same price as the normal one... that means the extra content is likely to be digital extras, such as additional characters and the like.

From the Game.co.uk website... has the bit in bold/underlined been said yet?

Get ready to transform the race way in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

The line up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favourites – including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi – return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia. The brand new dynamic environments and tracks in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are once again inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. When the road falls away beneath you on Super Monkey Ball’s Temple Trouble track your car transforms into a boat and speeds down the rivers and rapids, whilst the Panzer Dragoon inspired track, Dragon Canyon, takes you into the sky in complete control of your plane, barrel rolling to out-manoeuvre rivals and obstacles before transforming back in to a car and racing to the finish line.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed also sees the popular All-Star moves return with a brand new mechanic allowing your All-Star bar to power up faster if you race daringly and stylishly. An all new fair weapon system ensures that weapons fired at your vehicle can either be blocked or evaded once you have gained the skills to do so, making each race a unique and exhilarating experience whether it’s on water, in the air or on land. Old rivalries can be settled and new track records set in the enhanced online multiplayer mode, whilst the Grand Prix mode and competitive Battle Arenas will prove that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is certainly set to change the rules of the race.

From the Wii-U version of the game, price is £50.