Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

On the other hand, what if they plan to use this release as a massive promo, and announce a wave (or two) of DLC in the upcoming months for all consoles?

On iOS & Android

And here is exclusive video showing how this was decided.

1126654_ohbfcv.gif

... though we know it's on PC at least thanks to Yogscast breaking their embargo. So who knows it may come to consoles...? Right?

/please someone edit ryo on top of the wheel.

• Thumbs Up 3

Unless there's more than that picture, that's not confirmation he's exclusive to the mobile version. Yogscast showed the PC version as far as I know and that is where we saw him first, so the platforms listed there aren't the ones Ryo is exclusive for.

According to Destructoid, Ryo will be mobile exclusive, at least for the time being. To unlock him you have to complete weekly challenges.

Sega has been teasing the return of Ryo Hazuki recently -- a character previously absent from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. At this time I can confirm that he will indeed be returning to the franchise, but for right now, only in the iOS and Android versions of the game -- which launches tomorrow.

Ryo uses a classic Sega arcade cabinet as his ride, with references to Out Run, Space Harrier, and Hang-On, depending on what surface it's on. In order to unlock him, you have to complete a full streak of weekly challenges -- a mobile-centric feature that allows you to enter certain race types on a time limit.

Stay tuned for our full thoughts on the mobile version of the game.

http://www.destructoid.com/shenmue-s-ryo-hazuki-returns-in-all-stars-racing-mobile-268256.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+(Destructoid)&utm_content=FaceBook

* Timed Exclusive.

* Complete weekly challenges.

It could be worse... It could be Miku!

Really? even though we saw it on PC? and they have been using PC screenshots to promote him?

Wow SEGA, wow...

* Timed Exclusive.

The mobile version being like Sonic Dash where you need to complete challenges to unlock characters, seems kind of stupid. Especially as Transformed was originally a console/PC game. I imagine fans would expect to be able to play as Ryo straightaway upon purchasing the game, not having to waste time with mundane challenges to unlock him.

• Thumbs Up 3

* Timed Exclusive.

Speak for yourself, I for one welcome our virtual diva overlord.

If I'm completely honest, this game started out good and with the shit SEGA are pulling with it, it's become a joke and I'm disappointed more than anything, this game probably had the greatest potential to be the best arcade racer this Generation if you know, Sumo/SEGA actually put work into new DLC tracks and racers people wanted, instead of tugging on the heartstrings of it's user base and throwing any fucking random character into the mix, or characters people actually WANT to play as, and making them shitty mobile/iOS port exclusives with the same bullshit reasoning behind Hardlight's Sonic Dash.

That and royally fucking over early adopters of the game on the console front, it's just a big fucking mess, so I'd actually be pleased as all fuck that Miku is staying far away as possible from this train wreck.

• Thumbs Up 8

Phone exclusive for now I imagine. They already have PC screens up all over the place with him in. They wouldn't go to all that effort having Sumo make a nice HD model and show it running on PC and then not bother releasing it...would they?!....*remembers fully English translated version of PSO2 released in Taiwan and not anywhere else*

I don't even....*crys*

So Ryo is finally in Racing Transformed....but he's only coming to the mobile versions of the game EVEN THOUGH there is a HD model of him and his vichiel for the PC version that will never come to consoles......

Honestly, Sonic Racing Transformed is such a great game with awesome tracks, some solid Sega characters to play as in the CONSOLE version (really like playing as Gillais, Nights, Vyse, and Shinobi smile.png) and a very satisfying single player mode. But then you have all this extra content made that is wacky but cool at the same time...but it's only on PC and will never come to the PLATFORMS THE GAME SOLD THE MOST ON. And we finally get a Sega character we all wanted for so long, Ryo, and he's locked to a mobile version that has very irritating F2P-like progression system when it could have been a streat port of the Vita build (which it is impressively smile.png).

I know a lot of this is Sega's fault and not Sumo Digital's, as Sega is the one to fund the extra characters and the iOS version, but its still very frustrating when we all paid for the console or handheld version of this awesome game, and are missing out on some really cool content for stupid businesses reasons.

I just hope a potential squeal to Transformed really addresses this issue head on with support for both the console, handheld AND PC versions, rather than just support one of them. At least Sumo made a patch for the console owners to fix some flaws at least mellow.png....

I don't think I'll be able to buy another Sumo game at launch again. I just haven't had the best experience I could have had.

I'll probably stick to the PC (last) version. You know, the version with all the bugs fixed and actual support at a ridiculously low price.

So Ryo is finally in Racing Transformed....but he's only coming to the mobile versions of the game EVEN THOUGH there is a HD model of him and his vichiel for the PC version that will never come to consoles...... Honestly, Sonic Racing Transformed is such a great game with awesome tracks, some solid Sega characters to play as in the CONSOLE version (really like playing as Gillais, Nights, Vyse, and Shinobi smile.png) and a very satisfying single player mode. But then you have all this extra content made that is wacky but cool at the same time...but it's only on PC and will never come to the PLATFORMS THE GAME SOLD THE MOST ON. And we finally get a Sega character we all wanted for so long, Ryo, and he's locked to a mobile version that has very irritating F2P-like progression system when it could have been a streat port of the Vita build (which it is impressively smile.png). I know a lot of this is Sega's fault and not Sumo Digital's, as Sega is the one to fund the extra characters and the iOS version, but its still very frustrating when we all paid for the console or handheld version of this awesome game, and are missing out on some really cool content for stupid businesses reasons. I just hope a potential squeal to Transformed really addresses this issue head on with support for both the console, handheld AND PC versions, rather than just support one of them. At least Sumo made a patch for the console owners to fix some flaws at least mellow.png....
The iOS version is not the same as the Vita version...graphically it is close, you can even argue that the iOS version looks better but the Vita version is 98% the same as the console versions while the iOS version has some major track and event modifications. And about Ryo, you shouldn't be that surprised. The console versions are done for, it's over a year old. Tell me which console game in the past (2006-2013) has Sega supported for this long. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, as much as it sucks, the fact that these characters weren't released soon after the game came out kind of digged the grave for the consoles (its still segas fault but its understandable why they won't do it now) we just have to go with it. Still want my miku DLC dangit.

The iOS version is not the same as the Vita version...graphically it is close, you can even argue that the iOS version looks better but the Vita version is 98% the same as the console versions while the iOS version has some major track and event modifications.

And about Ryo, you shouldn't be that surprised. The console versions are done for, it's over a year old. Tell me which console game in the past (2006-2013) has Sega supported for this long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then why did Sega even bother making the Ryo DLC for Transformed to begin with then? It sorta makes since with the PC version, as the original 3 PC racers (Team Fortress, Football Manager and Shogun) were their to compensate for the PC versions latter release and the other PC racers were made to coenside with the launch of other PC Sega titles (or tittles Sega published like Company of Heroes 2).

With Ryo, one could say that he was funded for the iOS version to be unique compared to other versions (like how Banjo was exclusive to the 360 version of the original All Stars Racing or how the Miis/Avatars are exclusive to the Microsoft/Nintendo versions of Transformed), but there is a HD model of Ryo and his kart for the PC version and out of all the PC racers, he could be the one that sell the most on consoles (we did vote for him to come to them after all smile.png).

Even then, releasing him on consoles alongside the other PC Racers could be used as big downloadable update ala Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade addition or justify a "Definitive Version" on PS4 and X1 (both lack a kart racer; the game could do wonders on them and having the game running at 1080p and at 60FPS on consoles would be great smile.png).

Either way, Sega's handling of this game on consoles was horrendous and if Ryo doesn't make into Transformed on consoles, then I'm going to think twice before I pick up another Sega game on consoles again sleep.png.

The PC will obviously get the Ryo update. The hype Sega did for Ryo days ago was for the mobile versions. You can hope for a definitive version. I wish there is too. But as far as for the original console versions, they are done. It was that bad that Sumo had to use their own money to do the 2nd patch for the consoles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryo is obviously not going to be mobile exclusive, not sure why some people are thinking this.

He will be coming to the PC (maybe consoles) version, if anything, that yogscast stream leak already confirms it.

I'm guessing we'll see something soon, once the Android version's released (apparently delayed).

• Thumbs Up 2

Did we have any footage of Ryo on mobiles? You know, some of these crazy people who play games 24-7 might have already done all the challenges to unlock him.

Did we have any footage of Ryo on mobiles? You know, some of these crazy people who play games 24-7 might have already done all the challenges to unlock him.

Unlocking Ryo requires participating in the weekly challenge for four consecutive weeks. So unless folk have gone about hacking the game already, I don't think there'll be any footage. It won't be long though.

Unlocking Ryo requires participating in the weekly challenge for four consecutive weeks. So unless folk have gone about hacking the game already, I don't think there'll be any footage. It won't be long though.

Geez, weekly challenges? Well, better call the hackers.