Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Probably won't happen, but I've love for Opa-Opa to be in. I feel like it's a big classic Sega character and was really sad it didn't return in this game as a character. Not sure if many were a fan of using it or not, but I always thought it was super neat/cute *shrugs*.

But for those being listed and talked about, can't say I'm like super stoked for many of them. Well Fang would be super rad, as would Toejam and Earl, but never really was into the rest so while still neat, not sure if it'll be anything I'll throw my money at.

I'm more over excited for possible surge in online players to actually race when this happens if anything lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably won't happen, but I've love for Opa-Opa to be in. I feel like it's a big classic Sega character and was really sad it didn't return in this game as a character. Not sure if many were a fan of using it or not, but I always thought it was super neat/cute *shrugs*.

But for those being listed and talked about, can't say I'm like super stoked for many of them. Well Fang would be super rad, as would Toejam and Earl, but never really was into the rest so while still neat, not sure if it'll be anything I'll throw my money at.

I'm more over excited for possible surge in online players to actually race when this happens if anything lmao.

actualy I wouldnt mind opa opa myself, of course Nack is the person I want the most XD, though I would be hyped for Vectorman and Sketch Turner

A massive online surge would be rather cool though, and new characters would help bring that in

The DLC is 1970's Trousers Mode!

Well actually... I was doing some thinking.

*thinking outside the box*

What if this... is actually a major game upgrade? Well think about it, aside from the characters, what work do we know has been going on regarding ASRT?

The mobile version.

The other week that 'fact sheet' came to light which said world tour mode had been changed and was completely different.

A long time after the game came out S0L said that he was still taking feedback to the team, and not just character feedback,

But just thinking about it... how long have we offered the following and it hasn't been outrightly dismissed as being impossible.

* A new/alternative way to unlock characters/gain stars.

* Expert mode unlocked from the start.

* online co-op world tour mode (this one has been deemed not likely though...)

* 1970's trousers mode (because.... yeah).

* New Tracks (this has been deemed unlikely but I can dream)

* New music (never been discounted).

The DLC is 1970's Trousers Mode!

Well actually... I was doing some thinking.

*thinking outside the box*

What if this... is actually a major game upgrade? Well think about it, aside from the characters, what work do we know has been going on regarding ASRT?

The mobile version.

The other week that 'fact sheet' came to light which said world tour mode had been changed and was completely different.

A long time after the game came out S0L said that he was still taking feedback to the team, and not just character feedback,

But just thinking about it... how long have we offered the following and it hasn't been outrightly dismissed as being impossible.

* A new/alternative way to unlock characters/gain stars.

* Expert mode unlocked from the start.

* online co-op world tour mode (this one has been deemed not likely though...)

* 1970's trousers mode (because.... yeah).

* New Tracks (this has been deemed unlikely but I can dream)

* New music (never been discounted).

mini-storymode perhaps?

and new characters of course

Sure a racing game doesn't need a story mode and would probably ham it in badly. But with all the characters together like that, a story mode like Brawl's would have been awesome. Still gutted the new Smash Bros won't have one.

Good point tho Hogfather, could be a paid update, like a GOTY version type deal or one of Capcoms weekly new versions but as a one off DLC. It is a bit late in the game to be adding paid characters when a lot have moved on. But a big update would likely get a lot of people's attention and get them back on board.

Then again what worries me is the Steam registry and games in general on Steam get updated a lot without anything ever happening. Final Fantasy 8 has been listed for years with no show as have a few others I can't think of right now. And often there's DLC content menus or tags for games that don't even have any. But i will keep my hopes up for now.

Edited by Tenko

Just did some looking.

Next week is the 1 year anniversary of ASRT's release.

Announcement next Thursday?

Just did some looking.

Next week is the 1 year anniversary of ASRT's release.

Announcement next Thursday?

Surprise next gen port around the PS4/X1 launch? I honestly think that Sega and Sumo are going to do that; easy to port PC version, some PC exclusives along with some new classic Sega characters, 60FPS, Higher Quality Textures, some new modes, and tweaks/fixes to difficutliy/online/physics.

Surprise next gen port around the PS4/X1 launch? I honestly think that Sega and Sumo are going to do that; easy to port PC version, some PC exclusives along with some new classic Sega characters, 60FPS, Higher Quality Textures, some new modes, and tweaks/fixes to difficutliy/online/physics.

If they do that (which I hope they do) then more tracks should also be part of it to justify a re-release. New items would be nice too.

If they do that (which I hope they do) then more tracks should also be part of it to justify a re-release. New items would be nice too.

Didn't Sumo say it would take months to get additonal tracks made? Sure, they only have to make three more (Outrun Bay could be part of those three to make a cup), but between all the transformations the tracks need and the dynamic events, I think it would be sadly unlikely that we would see any more tracks. I could see some of ASR's tracks being re-bulit with the transformations though, as the Monkey Ball Desert and Sonic Heroes Final Fortress tracks weren't included in Transformed.

To me, 60FPS (which is wonderful for racing games), PC version's high quality graphics, some of the PC exclusive characters on console, and some additional Sega characters (like the ones rumored a few pages back and the DLC Poll racers) along with some more multiplayer modes (common, with the plane mode, you would think there would be dog-fight multiplayer :() would be enough for me with a re-relase.

I mean, Injustice on PS4 is more or less having 1080p resloution with the same graphics and all the DLC; no additional characters outside of that, no more story content, just a GOTY edition.

heres the deal though, if they were to do a Xbone/Ps4 editions, anynew characters added would be for sure available for the wii-u edition

Sumo Digital are working on something PS4 related, but they've hinted that it's not Sega related.

heres the deal though, if they were to do a Xbone/Ps4 editions, anynew characters added would be for sure available for the wii-u edition

Free DLC? Nintendo does have an exclusive deal with Sega on Sonic, so it would make since for Wii U owners to get this "Ultment Edition" via huge 1-2GB patch. That way Wii U owners won't miss out on any content :).

Sumo Digital are working on something PS4 related, but they've hinted that it's not Sega related.

...Thats true, but what if Sumo's not developing this port? Injustice is being ported to PS4 by High Voltage Software, not Netherealm, so maybe Sega is geting another developer of theirs to make the next gen ports (um, Creative Assembley? Relc? ....honistly not sure what teams Sega has under there belt :(). Even then though, I'm sure there PS4 project isn't something huge; outside of lending a hand with a LBP, I cant think of any other huge game from them on PS4. Sega has that exclusivty deal with Nintendo, so they wouldn't want huge Sega games to be coming to other platforms.

Honsitly how knows, but I would think that all these recent news with DLC characters for a game pratctly a year old being silly; outside of this community and other Sega fans, casually gamers would be completely unaware of this DLC, so it would not get much sales. Now, make that extra content be part of a suped-up next gen port (a time were many would buy games they normally wouldn't) that is garted sales. Besides, there is no kid-friendly kart racer for either the PS4 or X1 as of yet, so getting the best one next to Mario Kart on some shiny new systems would be smart of Sega :)

Sumo has been behind every single port of ASRT including the arcades. Why would they not be in a next gen port? However I can't see a next gen port of the game happening at all.

Sumo has been behind every single port of ASRT including the arcades. Why would they not be in a next gen port? However I can't see a next gen port of the game happening at all.

Didn't you say that they are already working on something for the PS4 and that its not Sega related? Thats why I said that some other developer would work on it, since there busy on something else. If its not coming to to next gen, then i wonder if they will do some kind of GOTY edition on PS3/360/WiiU with some bouns content; they dont have to do much outside of simply putting the PC racers and some new Sega characters with a 20 dollar price point.

Ether way, I do hope this DLC is great; would love to play as Ryo again :).

Yes but that information is now several months old, when they said they were working on a next gen project and hinted it wasn't Sega related, that doesn't mean they're not now working on something Sega /not saying they are, just throwing ideas out.

Though I don't think they're working on a next gen/port of ASRT considering the DLC discovery.

Even if they are working on something non-Sega related, it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't working on a next-gen port of ASRT as well. It's not unusual for dev teams to work on more than one game.

So because everybody knows I worked on this game, some people might assume I'm dropping hints with this... I'm not, these are 100% guesses, I do not know anything as to whats in the DLC.

Princess Elise = Miku

Charmy Bee- Ryo (just because we had that pic of Ryo's voice actor at Sega a great many months ago, so it might be him).

Oshram Dog -  Billy Hatcher. Did we ever get an explanation as to why he was dropped? Licensing issues? Not sure, but I don't remember a reason given as to why he's not there... and I've... always felt Billy looks like a dog.

Tails Doll- Gonna have to go with Nack/Fang just because... even if the odds are shockingly unlikely.

Latisha - Don't know... but I want to place a bet on Blaze Fielding/Streets of Rage since Sega have been promoting that license a lot lately. Though the age rating on SOR might cause problems in some parts of Europe.

Greendog- probably Vectorman, would rather say sketch turner.

Tim Henman - Virtua Tennis is my number 1 pick... though I do wonder if it could be someone from Virtua Fighter just because they're human like characters.

Wildcard entry

The Atlus mascot/someone from an Atlus published game.

Someone from Relic Games.

Aliens: Sega has the rights to this, we know theres a new Aliens game in production, they might use it, but again, the age rating and there would need to be a huge ammendment to the TOS at the start of the game for this to happen.

A non Sega owned character: Ok this is slightly more likely than you might think, aside from the fact TF2 got in the PC version, don't forget that in the PC version of Renegade Ops, there was a Half Life 2 inspired car, dare I suggest a Left 4 Dead thing?

Who I don't think it is.

Segata Sanshiro: Ok... this is an odd one. This has been well documented and is even if that Segabits interview with S0L. Sega doesn't own 100% the licenses to their old games, the creator of it does. So when Sega brings back a license or wants to use something in a game, and this included ASRT, they have to get permission/authorisation from the license creator.

The question... who owns Segata? Now, you might think 'but he rides the rocket?' Does he? You never see his face, it's just a guy in a white kung fu suite... for this you'd need a close up detailed model... including the likeness for Segata Sanshiro... So you have to get the guys permission to use his likeness... you see where this is going now?

Bayonetta:  As much as I'd like her in, I just think the age rating rules her out, as well as the fact theres almost certainly gonna be issues with her next game being a Nintendo exclusive.

Ecco: Yeah this ain't ever gonna happen.

It'd really be something else if Fang was included in All Stars Racing.

What are the odds that Sumo would get permission from SEGA to use a character they don't really care about? At least something more than a poster cameo, to be precise.

I've actually realized something.. notice how there's like "7" characters thing in this case.. but notice the roster in the PC version..

asrtrome0.jpg

Including the "Random" button.. there's likely a total of "5" characters instead of "7". So, this leads load of questions to this point.. Could there be some sort of an exclusive downloadable character, while there are also 5 (or) 6 characters that we don't know yet? Or something that we don't know?

Edited by Sparkster24

^  I don't think that really means much, they're updating the game so essentially the entire select screen could be different. Or even more simply they could add characters to the left of Sonic, Amy, Amigo etc.

Those character "hints" are certainly interesting. To me, they seem to indicate:

Princess Elise: I would possibly say Bayonetta. Them legs. Could be a ref to Miku if Latisha turns out to be for TJ&E.
Charmy Bee: I can see what others mean by it being chatty relating to the Ryo fans.
Oshram Dog: Nack. With a slight possibility of Silver due to him being the runner up.
Tails Doll - I'd say Ristar, due to the fact they've both only made one appearance. Hopefully that isn't wishful thinking. Plus Ristar is like a Sonic character, sort of. At least in terms of design.

Latisha - I know she's from TJ&E, but with the knowledge that the guy who owns them is a greedy SOB I'd say it's unforunately Hatsune Miku. Blue/Green, female and music related.
Greendog - Seems to indicate Vectorman to me. Obviously Vectorman is green, and Dogs are Man's best friend (indicating the overwhelming popularity that he has).
Tim Henman - Could be either Sanshiro due to it being a real life human. Or could be Jacky Bryant from VF.

Above would make a good deal of sense, considering they're mostly the "chosen 7", as well as Nack who won the Sonic poll (they'd never do DLC without a Sonic character) and Billy who was cut from the game originally.

I'd hope that for the console versions of the DLC, they release a free DLC pack that has Shogun, Football Manager, General Winter and Willemus. One that contained the data for the other characters to stop segregation of online play. If they're updating all these console versions with DLC, they just as well do those PC exclusive (SEGA owned) characters as they already have all the models, sounds, renders etc made for them. (Plus 2 of them have data on the console discs).

It'd really be something else if Fang was included in All Stars Racing.

What are the odds that Sumo would get permission from SEGA to use a character they don't really care about? At least something more than a poster cameo, to be precise.

Considering that SEGA rejected the idea for the first one, they'd have to fight damn hard. 

Considering that SEGA rejected the idea for the first one, they'd have to fight damn hard. 

The first game had The Bonanza Bros, Opa-Opa etc. So I'd say they probably don't care as long as it makes them money.