Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

I don't mind Ralph's stand-in. Capcom did this on a frequent basis in MvC3 and this one doesn't sound as awkwardly replaced. His zingers and lines of dialogue will probably make a lot more sense in the game since we're not being barraged with them like in the trailer.

Admittedly his vehicle transformation looks kind of lame in this trailer but I have a feeling that's thanks to the capture software killing some framerate and camera points. It'll probably look better in the actual game behind the wheel, if not kind of charming.

So... SEGA really like to show off their guest characters more than their SEGA ones... Still no Gum :(

So... SEGA really like to show off their guest characters more than their SEGA ones... Still no Gum sad.png

More like they have marketing deals with Disney and Danica.

Although I do think Gum would be a way better driver than that hack Danica Patrick.

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, just imagine the dlc possibilities!

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

Gum is the only character in Jet Set Radio, right? I thought Beat was just some kind of tutorial...

Seriously though, I very much doubt we will see any more involvement from Disney.

Gum is the only character in Jet Set Radio, right? I thought Beat was just some kind of tutorial...

Seriously though, I very much doubt we will see any more involvement from Disney.

... what? Beat is the series flagship character. Gum is secondary.

Not that the series works in such a way that any of the protagonists are main characters, but still.

• Thumbs Up 3

... what? Beat is the series flagship character. Gum is secondary.

Not that the series works in such a way that any of the protagonists are main characters, but still.

Uh... yeah, we need sarcasm tags. Or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got to agree with Blue Blood here, used to love discussing the first game, and any Sonic game, but this one... It's more fun watching paint dry till the game is released than seeing all this cock teasing and "Can't talk about this, cuz SEGA".

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, last game had a lot more discussion going on at this point. I feel like we had far more screens to dissect.

Remember my Eagle Eyes, spotting all sorts of background goodies? Wasn't I one of the first people to post a screengrab of NiGHTS as flagman? Good times. So much rep...

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Maybe Disney WOULDN'T give Sumo permission to use Movie quotes due to it being new, and unreleased around half the world right now?

More like they have marketing deals with Disney and Danica.

Although I do think Gum would be a way better driver than that hack Danica Patrick.

Gum's in the game, and I'd advise against insulting Danica... I like to sharpen things...

^ Maybe Disney WOULDN'T give Sumo permission to use Movie quotes due to it being new, and unreleased around half the world right now?

You prolly got a little confused through mixed synopsises of the games.

In JSR, you play as Beat in the tutorial, and Gum is the first character you meet. After the tutorial is over you are free to play as either of them (as well as any other subsequent characters you unlock) for the entire game, switching whenever you like.

In JSRF, you play as Yo-Yo in the tutorial, with Gum again teaching you the ropes. Once again, after the tutorial you can play as either and any other characters you unlock. Oddly enough, Beat has even less relevance as main character as he is simply the first character you meet (and face off against to earn his playability) outside of the tutorial.

As Blue Blood said, there's no "main" characters in the JSR series, but if there were, it'd be Beat, Gum and Tab/Corn for being characters who mark first impressions early on in both titles.

You prolly got a little confused through mixed synopsises of the games.

In JSR, you play as Beat in the tutorial, and Gum is the first character you meet. After the tutorial is over you are free to play as either of them (as well as any other subsequent characters you unlock) for the entire game, switching whenever you like.

In JSRF, you play as Yo-Yo in the tutorial, with Gum again teaching you the ropes. Once again, after the tutorial you can play as either and any other characters you unlock. Oddly enough, Beat has even less relevance as main character as he is simply the first character you meet (and face off against to earn his playability) outside of the tutorial.

As Blue Blood said, there's no "main" characters in the JSR series, but if there were, it'd be Beat, Gum and Tab/Corn for being characters who mark first impressions early on in both titles.

He was being sarcastic Jez.

You people are too serious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay while I don't see at all how that was meant to come across as sarcastic or to what end... I concede I somehow completely missed the post where he responded to Blue Blood so my bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it was just a little extra comment I threw on the main post to point out that once I unlocked Gum, I was never going to intentionally use the others. Guess it didn't work out quite that way >.>;

Disregard.

I have so many disagreements with the Sonic community, but I'm glad we can all agree that secondary characters thrown into the game just to pad the female character count is stupid and lazy.

Dozens of female characters that could represent a franchise on their own were squandered, what a waste.

Gum is just as deserving as any other Female character in this game, as is Ula la.

Ula la is a main character, and Gum has a cool design, but they seriously limited themselves in their female choices compared to adding a sky pirate, a ninja, and a viking on a turtle/eagle/fish.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

I have so many disagreements with the Sonic community, but I'm glad we can all agree that secondary characters thrown into the game just to pad the female character count is stupid and lazy.

Dozens of female characters that could represent a franchise on their own were squandered, what a waste.

Any female character is nice to have. The last one didn't have many options at all. Six TECHNICALLY but I'm stretching that to the Bird, The Zombie, The flying windscreen and the Avatars. I would have loved to have seen Blaze Fielding in a police themed vehicle though. That would have been cool. Sega are happy to just put it out digitally every so often and let it die anyways.

The saddest part of this however is that more often than not, the women are the secondary characters (There are exceptions, obviously). So a certain percentile will have to be added this way. Can't have women running around outside the kitchen and saving the world, you know?

Are there "Dozens" that would represent an entire Sega franchise that works with vehicles without causing people to get annoyed that their brochoice wasn't selected?

Edited by Andrew Albacia