Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Not to harp on anyones parade...but...

The Deadline for the album is near the end of the year.

It's May. 7 Months away.

I really don't think everyone needs to be rushing out tunes with that much time to spare, do you?

This is exactly the same thing I've been trying to make a point of in this thread hahaa. I think we oughta be aiming for a QUALITY album rather than a 500 disc epic. I mean I'd say the last one was great and all but we've set the standard for ourselves and now I think we should be focused on rocking it to the next level rather than just expanding the number of tracks we have.

Although its a bit ironic to be saying this on a Sonic site, I think we all need to slow down some here haha.

• Thumbs Up 5

Not to harp on anyones parade...but...

The Deadline for the album is near the end of the year.

It's May. 7 Months away.

I really don't think everyone needs to be rushing out tunes with that much time to spare, do you?

I'm not rushing at all. Not that it's completely my choice...

• Thumbs Up 2

This collabs gonna take me at least 2 months... When I get those chords. *hint hint*

• Thumbs Up 3

Now that that's outta the way, Ohhhhh Yeaaaaah Time to get to work. Matter of fact, since I finally got some free time recently, I already have!

http://soundcloud.co...rog-forest-demo

Just a demo of one of my submissions, "When the Rain Falls", a remix of Frog Forest from Sonic Heroes. It's not done yet, I still gotta add some stuff, like a better piano, more jungle-ish sound effects, and some extra instrumentation, plus I'm going to extend it.

I'm also still working on some of my other stuff that I started on awhile back (the updates aren't up yet, but here's just a piece of what they are.)

¿dn sı ʎɐʍ ɥɔıɥʍ- Hang Castle/"Petrified" by Fort Minor- http://soundcloud.co...ade/remix-1-wip

and and unnamed Original Track- http://soundcloud.com/alien_renegade/wip2

I've also got a ton of other thoughts, but for the most part, they're just conceptual thoughts. I'm not completely sure which ones I'm going to attempt at the moment. But two that I will definitely try working on are a Chao Race remix (Sonic Adventure 2) and a remix of a song from Ollie King.

can't think of a closing statement, so yeah. I'm just gonna end this with a...

"IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!"

Edited by Ash Crimson
  • Thumbs Up 7

...dude, I think you posted the Hang Castle link twice. XD

BUT AWESOME! 8D THE WHOLE GANG'S BACK TOGETHER!

• Thumbs Up 4

...dude, I think you posted the Hang Castle link twice. XD

BUT AWESOME! 8D THE WHOLE GANG'S BACK TOGETHER!

so I just stumbled into this and seeing how deadlines are 7 months away, I can probably do something....

only thing is that my originality dies when doing remixes. :x

I've got serious problems with medleys...everyone I plan ends up being 8-10 mins long! I might just drop all of them if I can't get a way out. But not yet... Not giving up yet.

I've also decided not to use any samples from Rush series for both Rush series remixes.

Speed Highway Act 2 (Boosting Remix) [Title: Rush to Peace]

Misty Lake [Title: Beautiful Lake]

Chemical Plant Act 2 (Boosting Remix) [Title: Escape from The Plant]

Sky Babylon [Title: Ruins High Above]

Jeh Jeh Rocket [Title: Harbor of Crisis]

SU Day Levels Medley [Title: The World in The Day]

SNG Mach-Speed Zone Medley [Title: Speed Rewards]

SC Acts 1 Medley [Title: Interstellar Amusement Park]

What I've thought of doing for now.

Edited by Faseehudeen

I've got serious problems with medleys...everyone I plan ends up being 8-10 mins long! I might just drop all of them if I can't get a way out. But not yet... Not giving up yet.

Speed Highway Act 2 (Boosting Remix) [Title: Rush to Peace]

Misty Lake [Title: Beautiful Lake]

Chemical Plant Act 2 (Boosting Remix) [Title: Escape from The Plant]

Sky Babylon [Title: Ruins High Above]

What U Need [Title: Ready to Fight]

Jeh Jeh Rocket [Title: Harbor of Crisis]

SU Day Levels Medley [Title: The World in The Day]

SNG Mach-Speed Zone Medley [Title: Speed Rewards]

SC Acts 1 Medley [Title: Interstellar Amusement Park]

What I've thought of doing for now.

Edited by Wearied Flames
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would recommend dropping the medleys, and focusing on some of the other songs. Though you can always try to make the medleys shorter.

I've started working on the Wacky Workbench Past remix. Since I don't have my keyboard yet or much experience recreating sound by ear, I'm using a MIDI for the purposes of remixing. I figured out where to find the synths in Ableton Live, and it's starting to get fun.

BTW, I'm calling the remix 'Construction Conundrums'.

I know about the whole 'no MIDI' thing, but keep in mind, I'm not just slapping on instruments and calling it done. That would be tasteless and unoriginal. Using a MIDI to remix a song is the equivalent of using a multitrack to remix a song. If you actually are changing it, it just gives you more range to do so. It's not much different than, say, using Sonic Rush's samples to make a remix, right? As long as it's different, it counts. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's kind of a temporary fix due to my lack of experience. I think I could make a good remix, but that should always mean I should have to create every last bit from scratch. Vizard, I don't know how much leeway you would be willing to give on use of MIDIs, but if you would allow them to be used in certain scenarios, I would make the exceptions clear in the rules. After all, I hear StereoPix3l uses MIDIs for remixing.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think I'm gonna remove my list bar the one song I'll be working on first that has any plans. I keep changing my mind (I know I'm not the only one too), and I feel like having my list there is/might be just wasted breath, and potentially holding anyone else back. I'm even tempted to say everyone else follow and just have the one or two that they are currently working on instead of filling up near 20 pages of "well I'm gonnna"'s. I think it'll help support the thing Punk was kinda saying first out of all of us with how we should really focus on the quality than the quantity. I think some of us are just clinging to hard to our lists and missing the point.

We want the most badass album this side of the internet right guys, >D!?

• Thumbs Up 8

Okay, for anyone planning to remix anything from the Genesis/Sega CD or Master System/Game Gear, I have a big tip. Get Winamp and a plugin called in_vgm for it. Then you can get music emulation files (.vgm or .vgz) for Sonic games within said consoles. What's the point of doing this? If you go to the file info of one of said songs, it will tell you what chip/s it uses. You can then go into the settings and mute certain channels of the chips and isolate certain instruments. Winamp can't export to my knowledge, and I'm not sure if Winamp Pro can. You could also get a different music emulation program, but Winamp is the only one I know that can play Sega CD files. If anyone wants an instrument from a Sonic song in those consoles, and can't find a way to get it/are too lazy to get it themselves, ask me. It'll give me something useful to do for now while I figure out this whole music making thing. This also means I can now get those weird HUEHUEHUE sounds from Stardust Speedway Past ^_^.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I'm gonna remove my list bar the one song I'll be working on first that has any plans. I keep changing my mind (I know I'm not the only one too), and I feel like having my list there is/might be just wasted breath, and potentially holding anyone else back. I'm even tempted to say everyone else follow and just have the one or two that they are currently working on instead of filling up near 20 pages of "well I'm gonnna"'s. I think it'll help support the thing Punk was kinda saying first out of all of us with how we should really focus on the quality than the quantity. I think some of us are just clinging to hard to our lists and missing the point.

We want the most badass album this side of the internet right guys, >D!?

I saw you said something earlier about just doing whatever song(s) comes to mind instead of just praying by your list of songs. I think that is a good idea really, that way everyone won't be stressed and other people won't feel discouraged when tackling other songs. On the other hand, people should not be afraid to tackle the songs they want do. If anybody has a nice idea in mind for a song. Go for it. We have about 7 months. Which brings me to another thing. Don't rush your tracks. Take time with it. I honestly was not expecting to get songs turned in till like around September, October-ish and during the middle of November. I am still working on my first song and I hope to make it turn out great, which is looking like it so far. Pretty much what I have to say is, take it easy and take a chill pill.
  • Thumbs Up 1

@KatamariParadox - o: I could totally use the samples from Stardust Speedway...! Even just for my unrelated remix!

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, for anyone planning to remix anything from the Genesis/Sega CD or Master System/Game Gear, I have a big tip. Get Winamp and a plugin called in_vgm for it. Then you can get music emulation files (.vgm or .vgz) for Sonic games within said consoles. What's the point of doing this? If you go to the file info of one of said songs, it will tell you what chip/s it uses. You can then go into the settings and mute certain channels of the chips and isolate certain instruments. Winamp can't export to my knowledge, and I'm not sure if Winamp Pro can. You could also get a different music emulation program, but Winamp is the only one I know that can play Sega CD files. If anyone wants an instrument from a Sonic song in those consoles, and can't find a way to get it/are too lazy to get it themselves, ask me. It'll give me something useful to do for now while I figure out this whole music making thing. This also means I can now get those weird HUEHUEHUE sounds from Stardust Speedway Past happy.png.

I use this plugin ALOT. hehehe. Its really nice. My buddy introduced me to it. Really Wicked. I have ripped alot of sounds with it. I have a ton of VGM sets as well. Also, go to Project2612.org to get the vgz sets for those who don't know where to get them.

@KatamariParadox - o: I could totally use the samples from Stardust Speedway...! Even just for my unrelated remix!

Hey, you got it! Just tell me which specific sounds you need from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mostly the weird intro vocals on the past ver, but if possible, I'd like to get as many tracks from the present/bad future ones as possible... as well as the vocal samples from the good future ones.. XD

Mostly the weird intro vocals on the past ver, but if possible, I'd like to get as many tracks from the present/bad future ones as possible... as well as the vocal samples from the good future ones.. XD

In terms of Sonic CD, the only songs I can do are the Past ones... and the SNCBNK loops too, actually. Those are played off the PCM chip, which is why channels can be muted. The other tracks were made ahead of time and stuck on as music files. I can definitely get the Stardust Speedway Past samples though.

EDIT: Okay, here they are. I made two versions, one using Channels 1 and 5, and one just using Channel 1. Channel 5 is mostly just an echo effect, so which one you use really just depends on whether you want the echo.

Channel 1 + 5

Channel 1

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of Sonic CD, the only songs I can do are the Past ones... and the SNCBNK loops too, actually. Those are played off the PCM chip, which is why channels can be muted. The other tracks were made ahead of time and stuck on as music files. I can definitely get the Stardust Speedway Past samples though.

Right, I kind of thought so!

EDIT: Okay, here they are. I made two versions, one using Channels 1 and 5, and one just using Channel 1. Channel 5 is mostly just an echo effect, so which one you use really just depends on whether you want the echo.

Channel 1 + 5

Channel 1

I don't think you understand how much I love you right now. ;_; Thank yooooooooou. (I've been searching for these FOREVER)

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think you understand how much I love you right now. ;_; Thank yooooooooou. (I've been searching for these FOREVER)

Whatever I can do to help! wink.png Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I'm currently working on "Free" atm, but could I suggest a track of mine to be used as an interlude (if you're accepting those yet)?

http://soundcloud.co...-velocity-act-2

Terminal Velocity Act 2 ~ Terminated

It's not finished yet and needs some cleaning up, but this is the general gist of the track.

Edited by iwantthatguitar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I just uploaded a WIP of the WWP remix, Construction Conundrums.

http://soundcloud.com/katamariparadox/construction-conundrums-wip

The description is as follows:

A work in progress of my remix of WWP, entitled Construction Conundrums. I've been working on this off and on for the last week or so, and have been learning the workings of Ableton Live in the process. Most of the time spent was finding the right synths and tinkering with filters (like Auto Filter, Chorus, Compressor, etc.) 'till it sounded right. The drums bother me, they sound too generic. It was the most fitting kit that was included with Ableton though. It got better sounding with filters applied, but It could be improved still. Despite all of this, I still don't have much practice making my own music, and it probably shows. I have a nagging feeling something is missing, to make it sound more complete so far...

I would appreciate feedback if possible. Keep in mind that I don't have a whole lot of practical experience yet, though.

^ Dude, that sounds fantastic so far o_O

https://www.box.com/...a2365e54789a3bf

(Careful, there's an audio glitch at the very beginning. I obviously intend to cut that out... XD)

Also I did this WIP... XD put me down for Green Hill Zone too, I guess! Someone had to do it! It's not finished and that's not the full length just yet, but yeah <:

Augh I can't decide whether to go full on real guitars or keep that fake one in there. The fake one makes it sound kinda Sonic Rush'y. I'll have to try with both...!

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1