Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Geez, do you know what you guys are? Do you!?

you__re_too_slow_unleashed_by_ur2slowunleashedplz-d30wl8c.gif

You're too fast!

...Eh, it's just not the same...tongue.png

But seriously great job so far!

At this rate, this album is gonna kick the last years album's ass so hard it's not even funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, I have an idea for a new remix. I have not started it yet, and I'm not sure how it will turn out, so I'm not officially putting dibs on it yet.

Basically I want to remix Lava Reef Act 1, but in a way that is different from previous remixes. I'm going to mix it with another song, a song that:

- Is non-SEGA

- Is from what many consider one of the best 16-bit platformers ever, and

- Also revolves around two animals journeying through lava-filled caverns.

I'll give it a try a bit later. Once you find out (or guess) the song I'm mixing in with Lava Reef, you'll probably think "Wow, that's obvious. Why hasn't anyone done that before?"

If it doesn't work out I'll move on to something else, but I figured I'd give a lil' heads-up.

About that...

Okay, whaat happened? mellow.png

Here's an early version of my South Island Remix from Sonic OVA/ Sonic The Movie

http://soundcloud.co...th-island-remix

Feedback and comments would be appreciated, It needs more work still and needs a little more sparkle to make it sound complete but I'm proud of it, Allways wanted to remix this ^^ Going to put my full heart and soul into these submissions! :')

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really liking this remix so far. I think it's the instruments, they just don't sound like they fit the song's original style. I do think that South Island could be a techno song, but this isn't quite the right approach. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, 'cause I doubt I could do better at this point in time. wink.png

Edited by KatamariParadox

Okay, whaat happened? mellow.png

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really liking this remix so far. I think it's the instruments, they just don't sound like they fit the song's original style. I do think that South Island could be a techno song, but this isn't quite the right approach. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, 'cause I doubt I could do better at this point in time. wink.png

And Gregzilla I'm tryna figure it out but just cant xD I bet it's something really obvious xD For a second I thought it might be Mickey Mouse but thats sega and only one animal..

I guess it actually isn't that obvious, as it comes from a game where a few other songs are vastly more popular than the one I'm mixing in. But if you've played it then you'll probably see the similarities between the songs right away. I don't wanna keep the guessing game going too long so I'll post a very early demo either tonight or some time this weekend.

I'm going to guess Donkey Kong Country 2.

Man I hope I'm right...

Nope, sorry.

...guess again.

...OKAY IT'S HOT-HEAD BOP

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hell yeah! :D The DKC2 soundtrack is actually one of my all-time favorites (you guys have no idea how much I play "Stickerbrush Symphony" in my car when I drive XD).

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out!

Edited by mikeblastdude
  • Thumbs Up 2

So, a demo of Metal Harbor Modern Ver.! I just need better horns n' stuff before I go into the mixing and fine-tuning stage! Anyone have any suggestions? I can't seem to find any better horn VSTi's. It'd be great if anyone here played trumpet! That'd also help out a lot and be super rad! o.o (Also waiting on a better sample for the announcer towards the end, biggrin.png )

http://www.box.com/s...58865760dade4eb

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 7

So, a demo of Metal Harbor Modern Ver.! I just need better horns n' stuff before I go into the mixing and fine-tuning stage! Anyone have any suggestions? I can't seem to find any better horn VSTi's. It'd be great if anyone here played trumpet! That'd also help out a lot and be super rad! o.o (Also waiting on a better sample for the announcer towards the end, biggrin.png )

I love the guitar! What VST did you use for that? Would love to know biggrin.png ! And hmmm. Edirol Orchestral has some good horns and plenty of other instruments. Maybe you can try that.
  • Thumbs Up 1

biggrin.png... I play real guitar and bass! Thank you! Will look into that =)

I figured!! Well I love it so far. Awesome percussion by the way, is that also played or is it a VST?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Better Horn Section Stabs & a less annoying Snare Drum Please.

Outside of that, I'd say it just needs some Mastering work & It'll be bangin.

=D The drums are my favorite part, I have no idea what you're talking about. xD But I'm totally going to get better horns, I just have to find them. I don't suppose you have any ideas?

EDIT: Oh! It's a VST for the drums, to answer the previous question =D

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can you also put me down for Aquatic Base Level 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

Besides Nexus2, does anyone here know a good VST for Choirs?

Magnus Choir 1.5. Its really nice. Give it a shot. Edited by Urban Flow

Edited by iwantthatguitar

Again, already posted this before, but HERE is the acapella for City Escape's vocals. I heard a few people were remixing it, so I hope it helps.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok...I told myself I wouldn't be this guy that jumps on the instant of maybe remixing something from Sonic 4E2, but I'm thinking of dumping something just to remix:

Sky Fortress - Act 2. It's just so badass DDD;!!!! I learned most of it on guitar, but usually doesn't mean anything XD. I mean if one of you are eyeballing it as well, please, go for it, I'm just foaming at the mouth with excitement, I'm not "claiming it" or whatever LOL.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, Summer can't come fast enough. I'm nervous about how well I'll do trying to make my own music, and all I can do for now is brainstorm ideas. It's really torturing, you know?

Man, Summer can't come fast enough. I'm nervous about how well I'll do trying to make my own music, and all I can do for now is brainstorm ideas. It's really torturing, you know?

Take a Chill Pill and relax, Yo! biggrin.png