Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

Hide contents

Thanos kicking the ass of Nova Corps offscreen is a miss, I wouldn't have minded that scene because despite the movie's lenght, it didn't really felt like 2 and a half hour. A couple minutes would benefit the story and give EVEN more space for Thanos to show his power. Also, if there's one thing that I found lame was Thor teleporting to Wakanda RIGHT AFTER the new axe was done, the scene simply cut aprubtly. It didn't showed HOW he teleported there. We see the rainbown bean, but AFAK, only Heimdall could do it, right? That was pretty lame. Also, how did Thor knew exactly where to teleport? Especially because we're talking about Wakanda, which is already hidden from sight...

Spoiler

Well Peter Dinklage did say the axe would be powerful enough to use the Bifrost by itself, so that's how he teleported. How he knew, well he knew the Mind Stone was on Earth so its logical he'd go there. How he knew Wakanda is beyond me.

46 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:
  Hide contents

Well Peter Dinklage did say the axe would be powerful enough to use the Bifrost by itself, so that's how he teleported. How he knew, well he knew the Mind Stone was on Earth so its logical he'd go there. How he knew Wakanda is beyond me.

Oh, I don't recall that line about the Bifrost. Anyways! Still, yeah, landig exactly on the battlefield inside Wakanda? C'mon.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Hide contents

Oh, I don't recall that line about the Bifrost. Anyways! Still, yeah, landig exactly on the battlefield inside Wakanda? C'mon.

Spoiler

Well, yeah? It'd just completely destroy the pacing to have the battle with Thanos ongoing on Titan, Thor nearly killing himself to get his new weapon and the massive battle scene on Wakanda only for Thor to suddenly teleport into New York or something and realize "oh shit i dont know where to go". It works far better in terms of pacing to have Thor go directly to the battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Maybe it works as a tracking device also, or a magic weapon where you ask it to take you somewhere and you’ll be teleported there? He could have said “take me to the mindstone” in his mind or something. Idk that’s my head cannon.

Spoiler

He confirmed the following
"

He did confirm that Valkyrie lived.

He said that Tom Holland improv his death scene.

When asked why strange gave the time stone, he highly alluded to the “this is the only way” and him seeing the future scene so that basically confirmed that strange gave the stone to achieve the victory.

He will not be releasing the title of the 4th film anytime soon.

The asgardians escaped on escape pods thus there are survivors of the refugees.

When asked about Korg (by me!) he wasn’t willing to say what his fate was.

Xander was attacked OS to save time and avoid repetition.

But the one cool thing I did ask at the very beginning was to confirm that the “Iowa City High School Valedictorian” mentioned in Winter Soldier was from our High School and he said yes. So in a roundabout way- I confirmed that our school is in the MCU!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I’m surprised no one asked why the soul stone was never used by itself.(unless the end segment with Gamora WAS the soul stone)

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

I’m surprised no one asked why the soul stone was never used by itself.(unless the end segment with Gamora WAS the soul stone)

Spoiler

I think there was one moment where the Soul Stone was used. Can't remember it exactly but I remember one section where Thanos was fighting Tony and smashed something down on him, only to use the gauntlet on it and causing it to turn into several flying enemies or some such that attacked Tony while he was flying. Might be misremembering though.

33 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

I think there was one moment where the Soul Stone was used. Can't remember it exactly but I remember one section where Thanos was fighting Tony and smashed something down on him, only to use the gauntlet on it and causing it to turn into several flying enemies or some such that attacked Tony while he was flying. Might be misremembering though.

If it turned into something else then it was the Reality Stone. I also agree that the Soul Stone was when Thanos was with young gamora in the void. And maybe more focus will be given to it in Avengers 4.

3 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

Hide contents

If it turned into something else then it was the Reality Stone. I also agree that the Soul Stone was when Thanos was with young gamora in the void. And maybe more focus will be given to it in Avengers 4.

Spoiler

I'm not sure if that's the case. I assumed the reality gem was changing one thing to another (I.E if you changed a gun to bubbles) while the Soul Gem is meant to give life to objects. If Thanos was to create actual living enemies out of an object, the Soul gem would be needed to give them life.

Spoiler

From what I recall, the soul gem can control people, take their souls and store them within it, raise the dead, etc. and there is a soul dimension tied to it.

And I'm pretty sure Adam Warlock lives/rules the Soul Dimension in the comics. Having the Red Skull of all people guarding it was a fan service tho'. I mean, sure he was teleported and not killed by the Teseract near the end of the first Cap, but c'mon... Also, Vormir is the planet tied to the Skrulls. And the Skrulls will apparently be on Captain Marvel's solo movie.

Spoiler

Yeah the captain marvel tie to this only further gives me the impression Fury very much is aware of Thanos, the aliens, and these events. Wouldn’t shock me if young fury is warned or shown the events of infinity War happen.

Saw Infinity War earlier this morning.

I think the Russo Bros. (and the writers Markus and McFeely) ability to handle multiple characters/ongoing stories still shines here as it did in Civil War. I can sorta see why reviewers were (more) critical in that element compared to this movie, since there's less emphasis on personal stories/arcs (which the film relies more on past films to cover and/or are more indirectly addressed); but for a film like this that focuses on a greater scope threat; I'm honestly not sure how something like that could be done without heavily altering the structures of a story that have arguably been put together in years, and the existing story arcs that are continued from the previous standalone MCU films feel genuinely natural here. So at the same time I don't think they're getting enough credit for the final product here. The CG and action scenes are superb, easily along the best of the MCU; and I'm found myself feeling incredibly tense for what was going to happen at a handful of key points in the film. I don't think I really need to say anything about Thanos at this point, he was handled incredibly well. 

The film is really, really good.

And that's to say nothing of spoilers or the end of the movie...which I'm still trying to process. I don't know how to feel...

...I wasn't expecting Thanos

to actually collect all of the Infinity Stones and wipe half of the universe..all in the same film. I was expecting losses and deaths of characters, sure; but overall I was expecting a stalemate or bittersweet ending with the Avengers having some some level of advantage. The other thing I didn't expect were some of the Avengers that were killed off in question. T'Challa was a genuine shock for me, he was IMO one of the safest bets due to being both a newly-introduced character and especially after he just got his own film (while the writers were likely not expecting this, the resulting success of Black Panther made it all the more even surprising). All of the Guardians except Rocket are gone too. Even Nick Fury, who had been absent since AoU and was otherwise absent outside of the stinger didn't escape.

The general last ten minutes is going to stick with me for a while. Especially Peter Parker's death. I haven't even seen Homecoming yet to really get the relationship between him and Tony; but that scene of Tony consoling Parker in his final moments was just painful to sit through.

50 minutes ago, Space☆Yeow said:

Saw Infinity War earlier this morning.

I think the Russo Bros. (and the writers Markus and McFeely) ability to handle multiple characters/ongoing stories still shines here as it did in Civil War. I can sorta see why reviewers were (more) critical in that element compared to this movie, since there's less emphasis on personal stories/arcs (which the film relies more on past films to cover and/or are more indirectly addressed); but for a film like this that focuses on a greater scope threat; I'm honestly not sure how something like that could be done without heavily altering the structures of a story that have arguably been put together in years, and the existing story arcs that are continued from the previous standalone MCU films feel genuinely natural here. So at the same time I don't think they're getting enough credit for the final product here. The CG and action scenes are superb, easily along the best of the MCU; and I'm found myself feeling incredibly tense for what was going to happen at a handful of key points in the film. I don't think I really need to say anything about Thanos at this point, he was handled incredibly well. 

The film is really, really good.

And that's to say nothing of spoilers or the end of the movie...which I'm still trying to process. I don't know how to feel...

Reveal hidden contents

...I wasn't expecting Thanos

to actually collect all of the Infinity Stones and wipe half of the universe..all in the same film. I was expecting losses and deaths of characters, sure; but overall I was expecting a stalemate or bittersweet ending with the Avengers having some some level of advantage. The other thing I didn't expect were some of the Avengers that were killed off in question. T'Challa was a genuine shock for me, he was IMO one of the safest bets due to being both a newly-introduced character and especially after he just got his own film (while the writers were likely not expecting this, the resulting success of Black Panther made it all the more even surprising). All of the Guardians except Rocket are gone too. Even Nick Fury, who had been absent since AoU and was otherwise absent outside of the stinger didn't escape.

The general last ten minutes is going to stick with me for a while. Especially Peter Parker's death. I haven't even seen Homecoming yet to really get the relationship between him and Tony; but that scene of Tony consoling Parker in his final moments was just painful to sit through.

I know I placed this in your status update. 

But I wanted to add my response here as well

Hide contents

I've thought about it after seeing it and hearing the directors talk.

It's ultimately Thanos' story. He goes on the hero's journey as Joe Russo said in an interview, even though he is a psychopath villain.

It makes the final act easier to accept that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Big spoilers, the Russo confirmed a theory about the movie

Hide contents

https://www.themarysue.com/infinity-war-infinity-stones-theory/

The scene at the end where Thanos sees young Gamora is indeed him going inside the Soul Stone, implying Gamora is alive inside of it.

Called it. Not like that was super difficult to put together though 

Finally saw the movie and I love it. Well, not as much as Civil War or the first Avengers. It's a huge improvement from Age of Ultron though. There are some issues I had with the movie. Issues that I can totally understand why some critics didn't like the film. 

Main one being that it's a bit too long and it doesn't explain much information. It does requires you to see some of the previous movies to fully understand what's going on. Another one being that there's too many characters. On the plus side, movie does go out of its way to have every character contribute. But it's still a bit overwhelming. Lastly, the action scenes, while exciting, does suffer from the quick cutaways and shaking cam. Making them a bit difficult to see what's going on. 

Spoiler

Everything else was awesome. Action is top notch. The battle with Thanos on Titan is absolutely jaw-dropping. Favorite part of the whole film. Thanos himself is pretty badass. The ending..oh man the ending. Pretty depressing, especially Spiderman's death.

Overall I would give it a 8.0 out of 10

Curious to see what happens in the next film.  

Did you guys hear some of the Infinity War news?

Spoiler

First, Valkyrie is alive. She helped other Asgardians escape. Second, no one will say a thing about Korg. They are being very tight lipped on him all of a sudden. Lastly, James Gunn confirmed Groot's last line in Infinity War is "Dad". It's from his screenplay with translated Groot lines. The Tree boy thinks the Raccoon is his Daddy.

I heard that...

...they said everything that happened, including the deaths, are for real, and we should accept them as soon as possible... 

Uh, sure Marvel, they're "real". ?

I'm whiling to bet even Loki will return somehow xD

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

I heard that...

Hide contents

...they said everything that happened, including the deaths, are for real, and we should accept them as soon as possible... 

Uh, sure Marvel, they're "real". ?

I'm whiling to bet even Loki will return somehow xD

Spoiler

Uh, Loki's one of the characters most likely to stay dead. 

He fully completed his character arc that had been built up since the original Thor, and further explored in Ragnarok. Loki even proves in this very movie to have gotten past his backstabbing ways, ensuring that Thor was aware that he is truly on his side this time before trying to kill Thanos by tricking him. There's literally no reason beyond "oh well fanservice!" to bring Loki back.

And I like Loki but like, out of everyone who has no reason to come back, it's him, especially since Thanos will likely be the one who takes the "widely enjoyed Marvel villain who becomes recurring villain".

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Yeah Loki is 100% never coming back. His character is done for. 

The rest, they'll 99% for sure be revived in Avengers 4. 

And then maybe Tony or Cap will die for good except not really and will return for cameos or shit if the pay is good. 

16 hours ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

Yeah Loki is 100% never coming back. His character is done for. 

The rest, they'll 99% for sure be revived in Avengers 4. 

And then maybe Tony or Cap will die for good except not really and will return for cameos or shit if the pay is good. 

Cap won't return whether he dies or not. Avengers 4 is Chris Evans' last Marvel film.

3 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hide contents

Cap won't return whether he dies or not. Avengers 4 is Chris Evans' last Marvel film.

Spoiler

As a recurring and staple character yes I can believe that.. 

But if Disney wants to do a cameo or something small like his Thor 2 and Spider-Man Memecoming reference then 

giphy.gif

• Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hide contents

Pretty sure Chris Evans ended up extending his contract after they nixed some Marvel Executive Board that was responsible for screwing with a lot of creative decisions in the MCU. 

Still might be his final movie, but we'll see.

Also side note - another thing that supposedly got confirmed about the ending: 

Spoiler

When Groot's dying, the thing he supposedly said as translated in scripts was "Dad". He was calling Rocket "Dad".

So the Russo's spoke to Huffpost about something interesting.

Spoiler

A few people that lived/died/too spoilery at the end of the film.

Alive - Howard the Duck and Aunt May

Dead - Actor Loki (Matt Damon :p), Betty Ross and Sif

Spoilery - Jane Foster, Korg, Miek, Shuri and Ned

Unknown - Nakia (they kept saying she's undercover so...)

First, sad that Sif has been super written out. The movies really hate Thor's friends XD Though dude, interesting to hear about Jane, I was sure she was done. If Ned is hurt, I'll be upset.