Awoo.

So. Abuse of Status Updates?

Tornado

Oh, so we're on Miru now, are we? I can still say "What are we, 4chan" when we see status updates shitting on another member. Though I mostly see mini-modding, which is a whole other can of stupid.

On the BBA, I really think I would never have even noticed them had it not been for the Omniverse takeover. I don't mind them though, at this point it's just like the whole MLP thing.

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who cares if people have Ponies or Blazblue characters, or whatever the hell, as their screen name and avatar? Just let people do what they're gonna do. We used to do some goofy things like the Power Rangers week, it kind of reminds me of things like that.

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's not having an avatar of a particular interest that's the issue, but how much and how frequently that interest is propagated over the rest of the forum. Not everyone likes or cares for BlazBlue or MLP, so a small gathering of members consistently talking about it in places where people congregate or can't help to avoid has the potential to aggravate those who aren't in the circle and subsequently cause friction. I imagine if I swooned over the guy in my avatar in every status update I made or every topic where he may have been remotely relevant, like the anime thread (especially the anime thread), people'd fucking hate me for it after awhile because no one else cares about him and people hate those who are broken records. As I said before on a similar topic, tolerance is a two-way street. It's no more cooler to claim victimization if you've been spamming BlazBlue or MLP related tangents everywhere without regard for others' tolerance than it is for someone to go off the deep end in response to seeing an avatar of a property they don't like. It's a give and take thing.

Now granted I say all of this, but to be honest these small subsects of members on here haven't bothered me because I don't look at topics where they may be the most active, so all of the arguments therein aren't all that noticeable to me. Even on the status updates I didn't notice them much. To be honest, I feel the Vocaloid fans were more prominent, and I'm not sure what this Soniko thing going on right now is either. But it's all so self-contained and removed from my daily forum-going experience that it's not aggravating. I think the sub-groups are okay and give the forum a sense of community, but at the same time, I don't think people are only raging because people are sporting avatars of characters they don't like. That side of the fence is more nuanced than that.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't see it to be that big of a problem here but, there are other forums where pony mania has driven members up the wall due to constant Pony things in every bit of said forums. So I suppose it would be wise to tell people to take it easy on both sides.

Edited by King Of Awesome

There is no Soniko thing going on? just some silly roleplay at late nights in the feed which has diminished to pretty much nothing now after we got a verbal warning from both Sean and Wolfy, even though the subject matter dropped dramatically and we got scorned for offering a hug to KP in "*" quotations, i'm not bothered, it was never serious stuff to begin with. I occasionally bring up some innuendo crap here and there as it's a staple for me that's stuck from those few nights where me, Noel, Blue and KP have bonded particularly close, we keep personal crap to PM's still like any other member, and i still interact with the rest of the board like normal.

i don't see the problem.

So if I've read this right, people are generally just calling the mods to ban members they don't like.

where the hell did you get that conclusion? i admit i was wondering if the Mod's would ban Miru when he first started here since he was acting rather trollish, especially after his stories he just kept feeding us no matter how bad they were, he wasn't listening to our criticism and it was like he was doing it to just get a ruse out of us, but the recent status bashing over Miru is simply over his stupid, lacklustre topics that are just clones of old ones.

we simply want a Mod to send him some guidance and a soft warning about his ignorance to use the search function, or creating topics that have effort put into it.

• Thumbs Up 5

There is no Soniko thing going on? just some silly roleplay at late nights in the feed which has diminished to pretty much nothing now after we got a verbal warning from both Sean and Wolfy, even though the subject matter dropped dramatically and we got scorned for offering a hug to KP in "*" quotations, i'm not bothered, it was never serious stuff to begin with. I occasionally bring up some innuendo crap here and there as it's a staple for me that's stuck from those few nights where me, Noel, Blue and KP have bonded particularly close, we keep personal crap to PM's still like any other member, and i still interact with the rest of the board like normal.

i don't see the problem.

Apologies; I'm not blaming you or others for anything, nor did I mean to shine a negative light on the situation. I merely assumed that whatever "Soniko" was was a running joke or an insular thing going on between a few members in the vain of the BBA or the MLP fandom we have here.

• Thumbs Up 1

we simply want a Mod to send him some guidance and a soft warning about his ignorance to use the search function, or creating topics that have effort put into it.

Because we're not doing that already.

I'm not sure when the member feedback forum became a public member hazing area. Gross.

• Thumbs Up 9

if anything it was much smaller than the BBA & MLP stuff, it's simply my imprint as an active member and conversing with a good majority of the board and it's topics, the subject matter for the innuendo's clearly comes from the sexual icon in my avatar, it's alright though, i enjoy being here, i spend most of my night on SSMB and i like to converse and make friends, wasn't getting at anything.

You know, if Miru is indeed a troll instead of some naive user, then we're just giving him what he wants...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not having an avatar of a particular interest that's the issue, but how much and how frequently that interest is propagated over the rest of the forum. Not everyone likes or cares for BlazBlue or MLP, so a small gathering of members consistently talking about it in places where people congregate or can't help to avoid has the potential to aggravate those who aren't in the circle and subsequently cause friction. I imagine if I swooned over the guy in my avatar in every status update I made or every topic where he may have been remotely relevant, like the anime thread (especially the anime thread), people'd fucking hate me for it after awhile because no one else cares about him and people hate those who are broken records. As I said before on a similar topic, tolerance is a two-way street. It's no more cooler to claim victimization if you've been spamming BlazBlue or MLP related tangents everywhere without regard for others' tolerance than it is for someone to go off the deep end in response to seeing an avatar of a property they don't like. It's a give and take thing.

While I do agree with this, if that subset of fans keep their antics mostly relegated mostly in private areas then there's honestly no reason to complain. I admit, we tend to clutter up the Status` most of the time, but we mostly keep our business in PM's or on Steam, and and our Status antics are no more abusive than the other set of fans who post other silly things as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't doubt that. I've barely run into you guys with the exception of a few statuses, so to me you're pretty low-key. The only bit of opposition I empathize with as having merit was this rumored "take over" of the Omniverse RP, where people who were into it but not necessarily BlazBlue felt cast out by a rapid influx of activity from the BBA that made it difficult to continue participating. And what made me raise an eyebrow was that one of the members made a status telling those upset by this revelation to just stop being butthurt and deal with it because the lack of rules in the RP meant they weren't at fault for taking over. I felt this was unfair, even if it was ultimately nothing but lashing out towards undue derision, because while this "no rules" rule technically meant the activity was legal in the thread, at the same time good sportsmanship is always a must regardless, so if people felt that the RP became way too focused and insular to those in the BBA to the point that people were leaving, I think it would've been better to meet them half way instead of attacking back and being rude and dismissive.

Note this isn't to excuse any negative behavior on part of those opposed to the BBA, and of course this is all coming from someone who's never looked at the RP; just a feeling I got from the statuses I've had the luck to catch and read.

• Thumbs Up 3

The RP is just about roleplaying as your avatar, and continuing the story, and we did exactly that. While I'll admit two wrong don't make a right, and lashing out against the opposition is just as wrong, we weren't doing anything to force our series or characters down their throat, so their feelings of being pushed aside seems kind of biased on their part without considering what exactly we did wrong.

Alright look, I admit, the Omniverse thing was a bad on our end. We did overcrowd it. But that was some time after starting the BBA. Like Ragna said, we were only following the rules. Noel invited Ragna, which caused Jin to follow, and after a while, the group followed after too. I am trying to keep us as low as possible in other topics. So, I'll say it now, to the people who didn't like us in the Omniverse, I apologize.

The RP is just about roleplaying as your avatar, and continuing the story, and we did exactly that. While I'll admit two wrong don't make a right, and lashing out against the opposition is just as wrong, we weren't doing anything to force our series or characters down their throat, so their feelings of being pushed aside seems kind of biased on their part without considering what exactly we did wrong.

Ragna, dear, there's a difference between following the rules and saying "The rules said I could".

Let's just end this debate, I don't want this to grow bigger then it needs to.

Edited by Yūki Terumi / CUL

Hey I don't mind, you guys killed the very RP thread that gave me a headache with the constant back and forth statuses awhile back, so your cool to do whatever in my book.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't care about the BBA. I had a bopping Rarity avatar for ages, actually, so I have no right to criticise. My only issue was the drama spilling on the statuses. Apart from that, it's just a bit of fun isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be surprised if anyone cared about avatars or usernames. My only issue is how every other day there seems to be some issue about it that gets dragged into the public view.

I'd be surprised if anyone cared about avatars or usernames. My only issue is how every other day there seems to be some issue about it that gets dragged into the public view.

Tbh, that isn't our fault.

I think the point is that whatever problem people have, they shouldn't use the Status Updates to bitch about it.

I like BlazBlue and have still not seen MLP. Are these the issues here? (again?) I've not really been paying attention, and I don't even care...

People have the freedom to do with it as they please, so deal with it. Humans have been hating on other humans because of a lack of respect for there interests and beliefs for eons, I wish it would stop. It needs to stop.

Or just cut out the middle man and end the Status Updates until people grow up.

...but...yeah, I've not really been following this stuff, so...*shrug*

Who's miru??

Edited by DanielJ86

A new member who tends to make some pretty bizarre topics, and seems to have a fetish for Blaze & Rouge.

Am I the only person who looks at miru's question topics and just.. answers them honestly?

They are just questions.

• Thumbs Up 4