Awoo.

So. Abuse of Status Updates?

Tornado

...but he said he was quoting something said 3-4 months ago?

Raids in the year 2012? Ha.

I thought he meant he was quoting me something I said earlier that was being applied now. You can see my confusion if you look back a page.

Yeah even 4chan didn't want to bother with us when we ticked them off sometime back, raids are dead. wonder if you still have a target on your back there Auto'?

• Thumbs Up 1

Late with this but just putting it out

That anti-pony movement was real?

I presume the anti-pony organisation that was talked about is the BlazBlue Alliance.

At first we did this for personal lulz, because we didn't actually think we were able to tone down the ponies,

but apparantly, even though slightly, we seemed to get popular, and are, even now, still gaining members.

I was originally planning, along with Jin, to shut the Alliance down a while ago, but we were called back by our other members.

By now, it's just a mix of RPing and lulz. So don't take it seriously.

If there's anything else the mods wish to discuss with us about the BBA, send me or Jin a PM.

Edited by Yūki Terumi

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really like the bashing either, sure, the topics aren't exactly the best. But directly attacking him in the status updates wasn't a good idea, specially when it went along for like ten minutes.

• Thumbs Up 4

i'm guessing you're on about Miru? i stopped caring to be honest, it's better to ignore it than make a deal of it anymore, i still have my suspicions he's a troll though.

• Thumbs Up 3

i'm guessing you're on about Miru? i stopped caring to be honest, it's better to ignore it than make a deal of it anymore, i still have my suspicions he's a troll though.

Y'know that kinda perplexes me. Why does everyone resent miru so much? I mean sure he make topics way too much (every damn day, if you will...), but I'm pretty sure he's no troll. Right?huh.png

it's also how much he goes on about Blaze, i mean you can have some obsessive fans, but Miru takes it to a new level.

you guys remember me thinking he was actually just a Bot account made to gush about Blaze? because i thought he was.

Edited by Super Soniko

Oh, that...Well obsession to talk about it is one thing. We had peeps like that in the past. Silver fans, Shadow fans, and the one that hated disney a lot for some obscene/ludicrous reason....

If he went all out and posted more odd and questionable things about/with blaze in it, that's when i'd be borderline on the whole 'trollin he be' situation.

I'm probably really late to the party, so pardon me if I'm reiterating something that's already been said, but one thing that's consistently bothered me in the statuses is... hostility in general, frankly. In the past, I've seen statuses dedicated solely to bashing something people like, people calling out members on this site, jumping into statuses just to make jerks outta themselves...

It doesn't sit well with me. :/ I mean, I'm sure not all of it is serious, but I feel like, since statuses go by so fast, some of this stuff is easy to overlook.

• Thumbs Up 9

If something is really bad, just screencap and grab the link for it and get it to a mod. Screencap could show it existed if the member deletes it (though not totally reliable). I'm hoping the real smoking gun here would be staff being able to see deleted statuses? I don't know about that.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 3

If something is really bad, just screencap and grab the link for it and get it to a mod. Screencap could show it existed if the member deletes it (though not totally reliable). I'm hoping the real smoking gun here would be staff being able to see deleted statuses? I don't know about that.

I have a screen cap log of all the updates in question from last night. I just didn't think it was right to post it here.

I have a screen cap log of all the updates in question from last night. I just didn't think it was right to post it here.

Oh, I didn't even really know anything happened last night. :P I was just throwing it out there as a general thing, haha.

I guess I missed this.

I don't actually mind some of miru's threads, sometimes they're a bit obvious but there are some interesting ones and as silly as he is we shouldn't be so harsh.

Also this BBA drama is pissing me off.

• Thumbs Up 5

The topics may be annoying, but if you guys bothered to check Miru's profile the guys apparently 15. At that phase, a lot of teens tend to not know much or care about certain details than what we think is cool. So he's not a troll than he is young and not knowing much better.

I know, I still remember a lot of how I acted when I was 15 joining these forums back in 2004-5. And I swear you guys are rather harsh on him than necessary.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

The topics may be annoying, but if you guys bothered to check Miru's profile the guys apparently 15. At that phase, we tend to not know much or care about certain details than what we think is cool.

I know, I still remember a lot of how I acted when I was 15 joining these forums back in 2004-5.

No offence but most 15 year olds I've seen on the net don't act like that. That's usually stuff I see from 12 year olds.

• Thumbs Up 4

No offence but most 15 year olds I've seen on the net don't act like that. That's usually stuff I see from 12 year olds.

15 year olds of now maybe. I was 15 quite a few years ago and the standards for eloquentness (if it's not a word, I'm totally calling it) were much lower and I was a complete idiot on the net. I think it's just how times change. Besides, 15 is that sort of age where you're developing a lot in terms of maturity and you're like halfway there or a bit there or not at all. It's a funny one and I don't know if there's a set way that 15 year olds act. It's so vague it's really hard to tell.

Edited by Semi-colon e

You have to consider that he rarely actually seems to listen to the people trying to help him improve. Or anyone else for that matter. He gives off the impression that he's trolling, so it's hard not to be hard on him.

Most ADULTS act like a bunch of 10 year olds on the internet if you were to take a simple trip around sites like Youtube or even if you manage to end their winning streak playing on Xbox live or any other online game. And I know from experience that a lot of young teenager can act like that because I happened to be similar to Miru when I was his age.

Okay, so a lot of what I had to say was a lot more coherent and less random, but needless to say that I've had moments where I had random ideas that sounded cool come to me. And mind you, I still had moments like that even when I was going in my late teens.

Point is, you're only young once, but you can ALWAYS be immature. Hell, I had an immature moment myself in one of his topics not too long ago over killing Blaze with fire, and mind you that was meant as a joke than anything serious.

You have to consider that he rarely actually seems to listen to the people trying to help him improve. Or anyone else for that matter. He gives off the impression that he's trolling, so it's hard not to be hard on him.

So did a lot of veterans who came here before you did. That didn't stop them from growing up and becoming better people for it. I could definitely give you a list, but considering how people already believe Miru is trolling and take it to status updates I'm not sure it would be wise to tell you who I remember being so immature and annoying to the point you could call them trolls.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

So did a lot of veterans who came here before you did.

Fuck that. So do a lot of veterans of SSMB now.

If being stubborn in your views and obnoxious against those you disagree with is enough by itself to make you a troll, I could put together a real long list of SSMB members who are that way about at least one thing. Wouldn't justify launching crusades against any of them.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7