Awoo.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

jennytablina

Oh man, this movie was so good, I loved the cameos, the character animation, the story, EVERYTHING! Now my favourite video game movie ever and probably one of my favourite movies of all time. It's not just a good movie for the cameos and video game stuff, but a great movie on it's own.

And now, various thoughts on it (spoilers)

That plot twist was really unexpected. I honestly didn't expect King Candy to be Turbo. It was great though. And I counted 3 Sonic cameos (not counting the awesome Sonic 2 thing in the credits): is that the right number or did I miss any? My favourite scene was probably the Sugar Rush race. I loved the various candy-ized takes on stereotypical kart-racer powerups. The whole plot was great, Ralph has a good, believable story arc, it surprised me several times, it was just AWESOME! The only thing I didn't like about it were the 2 "Hero's Doody" jokes, but they weren't anywhere near excessive, so it was nowhere NEAR a deal-breaker.

All in all, awesome movie and I recommend it to anyone, not just those into video games but anyone who likes a good animated movie.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something: Paperman (the short film that plays before WIR) was awesome as well. I loved the art/animation style, and the simple story was surprisingly charming.

Edited by The Eggster

Yeah, Wreck-It Ralph was fantastic.

It was a little slow at first, but it really picked up once it got to Sugar Rush. For being such a bright and happy place, it held some pretty dark secrets, and the Candy King being Turbo, dear god, I did not see that coming. I can't tell you how many feels I had when Ralph did the bad guy affirmation chant while falling to his death just to save Vanellope. I fucking cried.

I kind of wish Felix got some more screen time, but the movie isn't really about him so meh.

So yeah, great movie.

• Thumbs Up 9

My predictions for nominies for best animated this year are Secret world of arrietty, Frankenweenie, Paranorman, Wreck it ralph, and Brave.

Oh man, that scene! Falling to his death, quoting the affirmation... for a moment I truly thought he was going to die, I was in tears. D: Ralph has such an incredible character, I'd never related to a fictional person so much in my entire life. "There's no one I'd rather be than me.", is such a hard thing to accept in life.

I freaking love this movie, I've seen it twice, will hopefully see it a third time soon.

• Thumbs Up 9

So is it bad that I currently have much more faith and excitement in Disney's new animation projects than Pixar now?

• Thumbs Up 9

So is it bad that I currently have much more faith and excitement in Disney's new animation projects than Pixar now?

guess it's just a matter of opinion, their next is Frozen, another princess movie, i'm sure it'll be able to match the quality of Tangled which was sooooo good, but i'm more interested in Pixar's lineup, Monster's prequel is cool but the movie about the human mind where people's emotions are represented by different characters, and one about the mexican Day of the Dead holiday (i seriously can't wait to see what the visuals look like for this) really have my full attention.

....Guys, seeing this movie getting so much praise hurts like freaking heck. The 21st of December seems so far right now...

INB4 THIS TURNS INTO A 2012 TOPIC.

What?....

...AH! NO, DECEMBER 21ST IS THE ITALIAN RELEASE DATE! I was trying to say that , right now, the waiting is killing me!

Edited by Azure Nald

What?....

...AH! NO, DECEMBER 21ST IS THE ITALIAN RELEASE DATE! I was trying to say that , right now, the waiting is killing me!

First Mario doesn't make the cut for the movie and now this? It's truly a sad time to be an Italian.

First Mario doesn't make the cut for the movie and now this? It's truly a sad time to be an Italian.

It's not that bad. I mean, UK folks will have to wait 'till February, if I recall.

It's not that bad. I mean, UK folks will have to wait 'till February, if I recall.

this is our payback for you peeps getting the Avengers and Skyfall earlier (okay like a week or two but still)

If Felix can fix anything

Then why didn't he fix Vanellope's Glitch?

Blowed ur mind lol

The movie was damn good. Alot of references had me laughing out loud. Definitely gonna buy this on DVD when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 3

I still have to wait til it comes over here, bad thing is I dont know when exactly is it gonna come, my local movie theater has no info on it :l meh.

Ill watch it eventually though! xD

Edited by dabbido

I'm gonna have to agree. I kinda like Cars 2 and i love Brave despite its problems, but i cannot deny that Disney Animation was the better studio in the last 2 years. Winnie the Pooh 2011 is a wonderful movie with a purity and innocence that you don't see anymore and Wreck It Ralph is a fantastic movie that's on par with Pixar's best. Let's just hope Pixar's original movies coming after Monsters University are as good as the ones before Cars 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Felix can fix anything

Then why didn't he fix Vanellope's Glitch?

You didn't notice that at the gate, just before she glitch rushed to save Ralph, Felix looked at Vanellope and reached for his hammer?

Poor little guy didn't think of it in time.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Also...

Felix can fix in-game objects and characters. But Vanellope's messed-up game code may not be fixable in this manner.

If Vanellope were injured or something, he'd be able to fix that, but something tells me that simply whacking her with his hammer wouldn't actually fix her broken code, since said code is physically located somewhere else.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

So does anybody think Disney is gonna make a sequel to this? I think it stands well enough on its own but I think a sequel could work if done right.

As far as Sonic cameos, I counted:

• The PSA video

• At Fix-It Felix Jr's party

• Drawing of Sonic on the Tapper's wall of fame

• Hit by Ralph's ship after the Hero's Duty scene

• 16-bit Sonic during the credits

Also, it's funny, but as much of a Pixar fan that I am, the past few years they have NOT been making my favorite animated movies. 2011 was Tintin, 2012 was Wreck-It Ralph. Last Pixar movie I truly loved and could consider my animated movie of the year was Toy Story 3 in 2010.

• Thumbs Up 4

So does anybody think Disney is gonna make a sequel to this? I think it stands well enough on its own but I think a sequel could work if done right.

I believe they've expressed interest in making a sequel if the film was successful enough. This article here says that it would be focused on online gaming, and we'll seeing home console game characters next time around, and I think I read somewhere else (Can't remember where the article was though,) that Fix-it Felix Sr would be involved as well.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

As far as Sonic cameos, I counted:

• The PSA video

• At Fix-It Felix Jr's party

• Drawing of Sonic on the Tapper's wall of fame

• Hit by Ralph's ship after the Hero's Duty scene

• 16-bit Sonic during the credits

Also, it's funny, but as much of a Pixar fan that I am, the past few years they have NOT been making my favorite animated movies. 2011 was Tintin, 2012 was Wreck-It Ralph. Last Pixar movie I truly loved and could consider my animated movie of the year was Toy Story 3 in 2010.

You missed:

Tails & Eggman's drawings are also on the wall

Sonic is talking to that turle when Tamora is explaining to Felix about what will happen if those creatures spread

Sonic appears in the wedding scene

• Thumbs Up 1