Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

I'm actually liking how the special effects look in this film.  Just how kinetic, alive and stylised it all looks as though it came out of a comic or video game.  Some people would argue that to be a bad thing but I personally would disagree.  I'm looking at shots such as this one and think they look really cool.

iVBypFiQOBKJ7.gif

I think Electro is going to be Awesome in this. smile.png

Just curious, been doing some research credits on The Amazing Spider Man 2 to see who's on board. Can anyone tell me their opinions on screenwriters Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orici, and Jeff Prinker? Just wondering how good their writing talent is.

I wonder how much of this trailer will actually be in the movie, and not get axed from the final product?

Potentially Big Spoilers about ASM 2

Apparently Black Cat's in the movie

Felicity Jones has claimed that she will be wearing a costume in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The announcement appears to confirm that the actress will play Felicia Hardy, the jewel thief known as The Black Cat.

The 30-year-old has also been rumoured to be playing Lily Hollister - aka the villain Menace - another character who fights in costume.

Jones told Collider that she had a hand in the design of her outfit for Marc Webb's sequel.

"It's a medium that's very collaborative," she said. "Actors and directors work on things together. That's how I like to work, anyway

"I don't want to be told what to do," she added. "I want to share it with someone and work it out together. You know that person better than anyone. That's my job."

Not one
Not two
Not three
But FOUR villains!?

There is no possible outcome where I can see them being able to handle all this. They need to get that stick out of their asses and stop trying to hype up their own little Cinematic Universe. I thought the movie was just suppose to be about Electro, not Spider-man and his Amazing Villains.

Maybe they'll cut her out at the last minute like they did with Mary Jane? Unlikely, but who knows? I guess it also depends on how long/many scenes she has. It might just be me, but I hate them trying to squeeze in as many characters as they can into this mediocre sequel.

Of course, that's all on the chance that it is true.

M6cYf9M.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

If this means this film will be an even bigger trainwreck then it currently could be when it hits theaters, the more the merrier I say. =D

Just curious, been doing some research credits on The Amazing Spider Man 2 to see who's on board. Can anyone tell me their opinions on screenwriters Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orici, and Jeff Prinker? Just wondering how good their writing talent is.

Kurtzman and Orici are the key reasons this movie has all the potential to end up being a trainwreck.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't get if Electro is the main villain or not any more. I'm hoping Rhino is gonna be a quick throwaway villain for comedy purposes in all honestly too... I mean, it's Rhino so.

And about Black Cat. Is she not normally just an anti hero? A lot of flirting and the occasional team up with Spidey? I wouldn't be too worried about that in all honesty.

I really don't get if Electro is the main villain or not any more. I'm hoping Rhino is gonna be a quick throwaway villain for comedy purposes in all honestly too... I mean, it's Rhino so.

And about Black Cat. Is she not normally just an anti hero? A lot of flirting and the occasional team up with Spidey? I wouldn't be too worried about that in all honesty.

Depends on the writer and universe. Ultimate Black Cat is unequivocally an Anti-villain as her own sole purpose was to kill the Kingpin by any means necessary. She'd even side with villains who are just as bad as the Kingpin. After his death, Black Cat became sort of just a criminal, but that may have changed after she and Spider-man stopped Mysterio. 616 Black Cat is a bit polarizing. She steals jewels and expensive artifacts, but she is an acquaintance of the Avengers and SHIELD. No one really minds if she is a cat burglar unless your name is Otto Octavius who is wearing Peter's body to sate his own ego.

Yeah, this movie is too bloated and some of these villains are best suited for the video game.

Wait, Black Cat's in AMazing SPider-Man 2!? 'Cause that runs the heavy risk of clashing with Amazing's videogame adaptation.

Wait, Black Cat's in AMazing SPider-Man 2!? 'Cause that runs the heavy risk of clashing with Amazing's videogame adaptation.

I don't think the film makers are really going to give much of a shit about video game continuity when it's not something they've worked on. While the video game deserves credit for trying to fit within the realm of the films, it should always be clear tie ins are hardly ever going to be acknowledged by the films they're expanding off of.

Rhino already does, so.

Not really.

They can just say it is a different Rhino. Plus, no one ever named him.

amazing-spider-man-2-1jpg-886c49_960w.jp

Could this be on the bridge? Which leads to Gwen's demise? Oh my.

not unless it's a weird steampunk bridge with gears

not unless it's a weird steampunk bridge with gears

I was thinking it was like inside the bridge or something, not on the bridge ohoho. Maybe they're having a climb up. But she IS wearing the outfit which matches the one in the comic, and I can't think where else it'd be...

Is it just me, or is the suit looking off?

Really off in the visual department?

Because it looks Spider-Man received a new superpower for the sequel: "male enhancement."

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me, or is the suit looking off?

Really off in the visual department?

Because it looks Spider-Man received a new superpower for the sequel: "male enhancement."

Which is funny because Miles has been getting a bulge in comics as well.

tumblr_mzqhc6RXFD1rmuemho1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite all my apprehension, I'm still getting major hyped over the new stuff that keeps rolling out from this. I'm looking forward to seeing that full trailer come Super Bowl.

Saw the first film, wasn't bad. I have hopes the sequel will be good, but I'm also aware that Sequelitis has hit with several franchises in the past.