Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Movies)

goku262002

Being honest, the trailer was cool, but man I want to see ASM2 just for Paul Giamatti as the Rhino.

ASM2_Rhino_Face.jpg

Rhino should've been the main villain from this movie :c Oh well, at least he'll be in ASM3 so yay.

• Thumbs Up 8

The movie looks like a complete mess. I can't even tell what it's about, first Electro was going to be the main villain who would apparently "adore" Spider-Man and now it's just Spider-Man versus a goddamn villain factory. Is Goblin the main villain now? Also there's some teases in there hinting at Vulture and Ock, possibly for the next movie. Is Oscorp just going to be responsible now for every Spider-Man villain ever?

Is there something wrong with that though? I actually like how they're tying it all together with one consistent "evil" throughout the movies. Makes more sense that there's this one corrupt as fuck Skynet-esque force than a million different coincidental freak scientific accidents that all happen to be in New York City.

I mean, the latter is fine too because it's a super hero movie and all, but I do like how this at least gives a reason for everything to happen how and where it does. That and the Osborns are the closest Spidey really has to an arch nemesis like Joker or Luthor, at least before Venom was introduced anyway.

Three villains is a lot, but it seems they're all unified in being pawns of Norman. Hopefully they tie it all together well.

Either way, I really loved the first ASM, and Webb's 500 Days of Summer is one of my all time favorite movies. I've seen both at least six times, haha. I can't wait for this one.

Will agree on the CG, though. Hopefully they'll polish it up. I'm really liking how colorful everything is.

• Thumbs Up 4

This definitely required a second watch to completely understand what's going on. I don't remember ASM1 having a good set of trailers either though, so I'm still hopeful.

• Thumbs Up 1

The movie looks like a complete mess. I can't even tell what it's about, first Electro was going to be the main villain who would apparently "adore" Spider-Man and now it's just Spider-Man versus a goddamn villain factory. Is Goblin the main villain now? Also there's some teases in there hinting at Vulture and Ock, possibly for the next movie. Is Oscorp just going to be responsible now for every Spider-Man villain ever?

And lord almighty that is some god awful CGI.

...They are almost responsible for every main Spider-man villain ever or at least SHIELD is in Ultimate Spider-man. It kind of makes sense because they can't use Roxxon, SHIELD, Trask, or anybody else. So just have the one mega-corporation trying to make a super-human being. It seems to me that Oscorp is the main villain which makes more sense than 3 separate entities with no link to each other just making Peter's life harder.

• Thumbs Up 4

Right, actually I forgot this movie's going to have three villains instead of two. Also forgot that Mary Jane isn't going to be in this movie again.

This looks straight out of a comic book, I fucking love it.

ibqa9N7piNqq0B.gif

The movements were one of the few good things of the first film.

Is there something wrong with that though? I actually like how they're tying it all together with one consistent "evil" throughout the movies. Makes more sense that there's this one corrupt as fuck Skynet-esque force than a million different coincidental freak scientific accidents that all happen to be in New York City.

Everything being tied back to Oscorp reeks of the writers running out of ideas how to raise any sort of stakes and have everything stand as their own individual characters, and I'm not talking just in terms of villains. To be frank this shouldn't come as a surprise cause I mean it's Orci and Kurtzman, look at who the fuck we're dealing with here. Literally every important character in this line of movies being tied to Oscorp is too laid out and predictable.

Peter Parker's dad "coincidentally" worked for Oscorp. Gwen Stacy "coincidentally" worked for Connors who "coincidentally" worked for Oscorp and "coincidentally" had a history with Peter's dad. Peter "coincidentally" got his powers from a visit to Oscorp and "coincidentally" every villain ever is Oscorp because it's the cheapest way they have to build Sinister Six. Not a single important entity within this story does anything to be important without that fucking corporation influencing anything in these movies. It's boring, it's trite and it robs them of potential to work outside of that.

Say what you want about Spider-Man 2 but Oscorp funding Otto's research seemed way more believable in tying the entities together as a side effect rather than the company structuring him up to become a super villain. Having to deal with two or even three more movies researching some big mystery that most people already sussed out by the last movie's second trailer and that the movies are going to be about Spider-Man dealing with Oscorp's goonies leaves nothing interesting in terms of antagonists who have bigger agendas. I could understand this if Oscorp were to be more of an anti-SHIELD in being a malevolent entity that looks out for antagonists and brings them together but actually being responsible for creating all of them? It's utterly laughable how it's coming out in full force and shoving everything into our faces, and this is just the second movie. The pacing and plot structure was already screwed up enough in the last movie and now it's throwing out explosive villains before the series' hip cachet has even experienced it's first hard-on.

...They are almost responsible for every main Spider-man villain ever or at least SHIELD is in Ultimate Spider-man. It kind of makes sense because they can't use Roxxon, SHIELD, Trask, or anybody else. So just have the one mega-corporation trying to make a super-human being. It seems to me that Oscorp is the main villain which makes more sense than 3 separate entities with no link to each other just making Peter's life harder.

Which still begs the question I asked pages back as to why they thought it was a good idea to bring three villains into this movie when the only thing it seems to amount to is waste all their potential, two of which could have easily filled one movie on their own, only being brought here and become dumbed down so that what they amount to is just taking out Spider-Man to collect their payday from Oscorp.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we even know anything about what's happening in this movie besides the face value of what we've learned from the trailers? For the sake of argument, there could be any sort of depth to this story that has yet to be explained (who knows, maybe its left for watching the movie tongue.png). 

I don't mind Oscorp being where all the villains came from. It makes the movies become an over-arching saga about Spiderman vs Oscorp; and it's also able to dodge anything related to SHIELD. Sure, it'd be way better if Marvel just took the rights back, but I kinda like Andrew Garfield as Spadermong and I like this direction somewhat.

If I was going to predict, it would likely be the case that Rhino is faced initially and is probably taken care of, in which Peter saves Max, but obviously later Max is turned into Electro by Oscorp as part of experiments. Meanwhile in Peter's life, he probably has a strong relationship with Gwen (likely to exemplify if her "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" story, if that plays out), and he learns more and more about this whole "secret" thing his Dad was hiding from him, probably the idea he was designed to be Spider-Man (which I'm not a big fan of). The movie will probably end with a climatic battle of Spider-Man vs Goblin, which will be either Harry or Norman, which Peter takes up all his built up frustration on knowing Oscorp has manipulated so much of his life. Goblin will probably live on past the fight, and Gwen may or may not die. 

That's all the stuff I got from the trailer. They're not meant to give things away, just hint at what's available

Which still begs the question I asked pages back as to why they thought it was a good idea to bring three villains into this movie when the only thing it seems to amount to is waste all their potential, two of which could have easily filled one movie on their own, only being brought here and become dumbed down so that what they amount to is just taking out Spider-Man to collect their payday from Oscorp.

Electro has never been a complicated villain outside of Spectacular Spider-man so him actually having depth is uncommon enough as it is. Rhino is the same way outside of Spectacular Spider-man and the comics in which he was given depth over time. Those two being wasted in a story would be no more out of the ordinary than it should be. So two villains that have never been interesting or well-characterized are hired goons...like almost every adaption of those characters have always been.This is why Sandman bothered the fuck out of me in SM3. He is just a crook. You can make him sympathetic that he has no intention of killing people and that he just wants a payday or you can just make him into a blind psychopath. Don't include sob stories like "he just wanted to feed his family or daughter." Never been a lot of depth there.The only villain with an actual motive is Green Goblin who is probably Marvel's most well characterized villain. And here he is. Doing what Gobby is known for as in making monstrosities to tire Spider-man or other superheroes out out or throwing obstacle after obstacle at them(What do you think the Sinister Six is?). Using three villains that have a tie together(Oscorp) with one pretty much being behind it all makes sense. Especially if they have an intent on creating the Sinister Six.

Dude, I am not defending this movie totally(I'm still somewhat annoyed with Harry), but that has always been a thing in the Spidey world. Hell, that was the main plot in Spectacular Spider-man.

• Thumbs Up 2

Electro has never been a complicated villain outside of Spectacular Spider-man so him actually having depth is uncommon enough as it is. Rhino is the same way outside of Spectacular Spider-man and the comics in which he was given depth over time. Those two being wasted in a story would be no more out of the ordinary than it should be. So two villains that have never been interesting or well-characterized are hired goons...like almost every adaption of those characters have always been.This is why Sandman bothered the fuck out of me in SM3. He is just a crook. You can make him sympathetic that he has no intention of killing people and that he just wants a payday or you can just make him into a blind psychopath. Don't include sob stories like "he just wanted to feed his family or daughter." Never been a lot of depth there.The only villain with an actual motive is Green Goblin who is probably Marvel's most well characterized villain. And here he is. Doing what Gobby is known for as in making monstrosities to tire Spider-man or other superheroes out out or throwing obstacle after obstacle at them(What do you think the Sinister Six is?). Using three villains that have a tie together(Oscorp) with one pretty much being behind it all makes sense. Especially if they have an intent on creating the Sinister Six.

Dude, I am not defending this movie totally(I'm still somewhat annoyed with Harry), but that has always been a thing in the Spidey world. Hell, that was the main plot in Spectacular Spider-man.

I always feel like any adaptation is free to take liberties so long as it can evolve on the concepts of a character and I'm not criticizing the source material here. My main problem with Electro is that for the last half a year ever since Comic Con he's been consistently hyped up as being this movie's main big villain. They went to the degree of getting Jamie Foxx to act as him which after Django's success must have cost Sony a pretty big penny for such a high profile actor. He was the focus of the Comic Con teasers, he shared a magazine cover with Spidey, he had a backstory built to him as someone who idolizes Spider-Man and would want to make a difference. My big question going into the sequel that I wanted to see was what motivated him to become a villain and go against his original wishes. That was a question which could encompass an entire movie and his power set has been built up as a big fucking deal.

Now he's being shoved to the sidelines just so Peter can fight the big bad villain depository, and yet despite Goblin obviously being the big bad, Electro still manages to get traits I'd mostly expect a big bad to get because he gets the trailer's villainous ending monologue and has the last fight with Spider-Man. Just who is the focus here? Why did they feel need to throw more villains into the mix when they seemed to have someone well defined enough to be the source of one movie alone and possibly serve as a figure representing what Spider-Man brings out of people? In the last movie there was a lot of "I have to stop him because I created him". That was because of Peter's own hands, he got too ahead of himself and screwed up but now that he was Spider-Man he could stop it. Now, Spider-Man is a big celebrity and renown hero who hasn't dealt with the possibility of an effect that is at the cause of his alter ego's hands. But instead that's being drowned out with a ton of villains at once which makes things feel so jarring. This is less "storytelling" and more "merchandising".

Also in regards to Sandman, from the end movie it's pretty clear that if Raimi had his way he either wouldn't have been the real villain or he'd have a much bigger backstory. Someone like Harry just doesn't get that kind of exposure if Sandman was the focus and all Sandman was going to lead up to in the movie was teaming up with Venom. If Sandman was the villain the movie would have been completely different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Soooooo all I have to say is I can not wait to see this movie. Doubt my girlfriend will want to see it next year but I don't care. That's what guy friends are for right? Not a fan of the new suit though. I preferred his suit from the last movie. It was different and not your typical spidey suit. But it will do. Since this is the 2nd movie of this version, it better deliver like the 2nd movie from the Tobey set. Better be damn good from start to finish. 

XXQ06fq.gif

ibg8nHb31DulOi.gif

iyi4p8NXvywVs.gif

ibqa9N7piNqq0B.gif

idnocDMRRRJbF.gif

iPFOZlgVuG1Hr.gif

salruvb.gif

iVBypFiQOBKJ7.gif

I'm really digging the artistic style with how cartoony they made Spidey look in the CGI. Yeah it looks fake and yeah it'll clash during some segments in the movie, but for the actions scenes it looks pretty good.

The plot's probably going to suck, so I'm just going into this expecting fun action scenes, Gwen Stacy's inevitable death, and nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 5

The more and more I see of this movie, the more I just want to see it because of Paul Giamatti. I love him, too bad the rest looks extremely convoluted.

Wait.

idnocDMRRRJbF.gif

That's goddamned Curt Connors isn't it. The hair looks awfully close to his's.

Looks more like that old guy on the hospital bed who is presumably Norman Osborn.

This isn't really a spoiler since what follows is things that can easily be deduced from the trailer and is all stuff we've already seen but;

There's talk going around the block that this is a post-credits stinger and that the movie had another messy production, with Sony wanting to publicize and throw in major things that are otherwise meant to be late endgame reveals, easter eggs or plot points to be explored in the next movie. The movie was really meant to be all about Spider-Man going against Electro with all the other fluff being things setting up the third movie.

Which should come as a surprise to no one seeing how the exact same ineptness went down with the last movie. The trailer has basically spoiled all elements teasing and setting up the third movie.

Wait.

idnocDMRRRJbF.gif

That's goddamned Curt Connors isn't it. The hair looks awfully close to his's. 

it's The Man In The Shadows, from the end credits scene of the first movie, when he visited Connors in the prison cell. I would have guessed it was Norman back then but apparently they're played by two different actors entirely, so he's a big enigma. The Jackal maybe? or maybe it's a huge mindfuck and he's actually Peter's dad.

oh and in other news, hello Symbiote

81PUVCT.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Man... that was trailer. I was blown away by the end scene with Spider-Man and Electro. As for the trailer, I love it. The action looks awesome, the scenes that the trailer showed are well made, and the acting has improved a good deal since Amazing 1. Still... I can't help but feel a bit skeptical. 3 villains in one movie. Remind you of anything? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still very much looking forward to this movie, but I don't wan this film to be a repeat of Spider-Man 3. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for this movie.  

it's The Man In The Shadows, from the end credits scene of the first movie, when he visited Connors in the prison cell. I would have guessed it was Norman back then but apparently they're played by two different actors entirely, so he's a big enigma. The Jackal maybe? or maybe it's a huge mindfuck and he's actually Peter's dad.

81PUVCT.png

Seeing the Jackal would scare the fuck out of me. Then the Clone Saga will be a part of the series... and we don't want to go that route again, do we?

81PUVCT.png

propic-55398-01-full.jpg

Pleaaaaaase. I've been wishing for Carnage since Spider-Man 3...

I always feel like any adaptation is free to take liberties so long as it can evolve on the concepts of a character and I'm not criticizing the source material here. My main problem with Electro is that for the last half a year ever since Comic Con he's been consistently hyped up as being this movie's main big villain. They went to the degree of getting Jamie Foxx to act as him which after Django's success must have cost Sony a pretty big penny for such a high profile actor. He was the focus of the Comic Con teasers, he shared a magazine cover with Spidey, he had a backstory built to him as someone who idolizes Spider-Man and would want to make a difference. My big question going into the sequel that I wanted to see was what motivated him to become a villain and go against his original wishes. That was a question which could encompass an entire movie and his power set has been built up as a big fucking deal.

Now he's being shoved to the sidelines just so Peter can fight the big bad villain depository, and yet despite Goblin obviously being the big bad, Electro still manages to get traits I'd mostly expect a big bad to get because he gets the trailer's villainous ending monologue and has the last fight with Spider-Man. Just who is the focus here? Why did they feel need to throw more villains into the mix when they seemed to have someone well defined enough to be the source of one movie alone and possibly serve as a figure representing what Spider-Man brings out of people? In the last movie there was a lot of "I have to stop him because I created him". That was because of Peter's own hands, he got too ahead of himself and screwed up but now that he was Spider-Man he could stop it. Now, Spider-Man is a big celebrity and renown hero who hasn't dealt with the possibility of an effect that is at the cause of his alter ego's hands. But instead that's being drowned out with a ton of villains at once which makes things feel so jarring. This is less "storytelling" and more "merchandising".

Also in regards to Sandman, from the end movie it's pretty clear that if Raimi had his way he either wouldn't have been the real villain or he'd have a much bigger backstory. Someone like Harry just doesn't get that kind of exposure if Sandman was the focus and all Sandman was going to lead up to in the movie was teaming up with Venom. If Sandman was the villain the movie would have been completely different.

Here is where we are going to differ 99.9% of the time. I hate this mentality in films where the plot is already laid out for the directer and writer. Instead of just presenting to the audience that movies do, they decide to tamper with shit for the sake of artistic integrity. I'm sorry, I understand the need to create a vision, but when the vision is a character or series that is constantly reinvented in writing in better ways than you ever could hope or you decide to omit crucial things about characterization, I'm annoyed because these characters or traits usually more well thought out than any lazy reinterpretation. Comic superheroes are not simple. They are supposed to be living characters with goals so very trait is important and well implemented in the character. The setting is important to the story as it defines the world they are living. If you are going to change something, be conscious that you are systematically changing something that may have been important in a long lasting series. This is why people usually hate reboots because they fail to have any significance.or they miss the mark in meaning. Ultimate Universe did it well as they carefully implemented devices that fit and stayed true to the lore. Movies that have directors taking liberties for as simple as a reason that they did not like that particular element of the story piss me off because it is such a shallow reason. Regardless, this is not what you are discussing and  so I'll digress. I'm just saying that if you change something from the source, it better be reasonable.

I see why you are saying that it is merchandise driven and you are afraid that it will become Batman and Robin where it is about the merchandise. However, most movies of this nature are by definition merchandise driven. Think of the sudden expansion of Avengers titles that Marvel has even though the characters in them have no tie to the Avengers(see Avengers Arena). And you can't act like Dark Knight saga and Man of Steel did not do the same thing.

I also concede that Electro(who still should not have been a deep of a villain) being big enough for his own movie or at least interesting enough to warrant his own film yet has to share it with Green Goblin(I don't like Harry being Green Goblin at all to be honest)makes the movie seem spread thin between 2 villains and the inevitable life of Peter Parker taking it's share of screen time. Yeah, even I had the fear that it would be packed with villains, but what I'm saying that Oscorp making these monsters to throw at Spider-man makes sense story wise because that is how it always has been despite it being a shallow reason to sell toys.

Also I find it weird that you uphold Raimi for having to do the same thing as Webb. I listed my reasons for my hatred for Raimi several times and it had to do with things that were completely within his control versus Webb who you put down for things that are the result of Sony's intervention in his product. Raimi screwed himself as well as Sony screwed him. Nothing Sony did made Mary Jane a better or worse character. Nothing Sony did made Peter Parker out like a whiny man-child. That was Raimi.Your contention with the director lies in Sony fucking with shit and you make it out like it is his fault. He came up with the idea of Electro's transformation from Spider-man admirer to villain. Green Goblin seems like the part that was Sony wanting to throw him in(and lazily as well). It was Webb who wanted to introduce Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane only for her scenes to be edited out by Sony. It was Raimi that had Gwen Stacey as a throw it in character in Spider-man 3. So we can disagree on director quality or writers, but we can at least agree that Sony is the main problem.

Finally got around to watching that trailer. This movie is going to be such a goddamned mess.

Then again so was Man of Steel and I loved that.

So we'll see.

Ok, so we are getting Doc Oct, and Vulture, but wheres Mysterio! we still need him!

also could that vault be in the ravencroft institute, and what if the mysterious man is Adrian Toomes, the vulture?