Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2012!

Badnik Mechanic

When Iizuka was asked about if there will be an Adventure 3, he said that he wasn't expecting everyone to respond positively to that question. He said that it could happen in the future. Sonic Team is also aware of the fact that the recent Sonic games are short.

The concert was fantastic. Jun was definitely trolling us at the beginning. He remixed some Sonic 4: Episode II songs (Intro to Sylvania Castle Act 1, White Park Act 2, Sky Fortress Act 2, Metal Sonic Boss..,) with even worse dying cats than Episode I had!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god, the Audio is so much better at Sonic Boom.

I swear something was wrong with the speaker set-up at SoS. I guess that happens when there is a last minute venue change, but still, it kind of bugged me.

Also, the guy singing over the footage needs to stop. Its pretty painfully off-key.

Oh my god, the Audio is so much better at Sonic Boom.

Of course it is, the house of blues was place is built to play music live music. The SOS venue we used was not. The original venue could have done what you'll most likely see in the Boom vids.

But getting super high quality at SOS this year could never happen due to the design of the building/room itself.

Wreck t ralph while not who I didn't expect to be a character, actually kind of goes with what i was thinking yesterday. I thought "Hey, since we are giving them sonic and eggman, they should give us a disney character." Wow, did not know how right I would be.

I am disappointed NO ONE asked about dlc for generations. I mean it's not that i wanted them to confirm it. No, I wanted them to at least explain WHY they aren't doing it. I mean It's one of the rare main console games(if not only)to not get DLC, It's the only anniversary game not to get dlc, it's a freakin 20th anniversary title, the game has a plot that would support it. And even if not new zones, why not acts or skins, or bonus skills or something. I just want a answer as to why. I don't want it to be a mystery.

552616_10151015351742418_444665392_n.jpg

needs more Buzzbombers.

409675_10151015387492418_2128964502_n.jpg

Mario? Always with the Super Mario... .. ... Destroy him!

Did anyone see me?

Not too sure, If you're who I think you were, then we did exchange glances a few times during the concert portion.

Anywho, onto my little review of my time at Sonic Boom.

The Line: On the first little turn, we thought it was the end of the line, then being told that it wrapped around the entire building. The wait itself wasn't really too bad, being that we started talking with a couple people behind us about the event itself, ComicCon, etc.. About midway on the final stretch of the line, a group (Who I later found out was actually the people from Retro) started singing Live and Learn, so that was pretty amusing. The rest of it was pretty uneventful, though the rest of the line only took a few more minutes.

Getting In: Love the shirt and Chao keychain, hat and the comic I could care less about. It's funny, because we weren't even told to show our tickets. We just walked right in.

SaSASRT: Well, my first try at the game was... odd to say the least. After having some of the free food, I went ahead and picked up a controller and started playing. Chose the lava map with Gillius on Hard. About midway through getting used to the controls and finally catching up, I somehow got myself into a minute-long loop of falling through the level geometry, being reset constantly until the game stopped shitting itself and reset me in the correct position (Although, this isn't the worst of the glitchiness. SeanieB of Retro managed to crash the game on his first playthrough. :v). Not that the game is bad, though. It's pretty fun and looks damn good when you're not falling into oblivion.

The Concert: After a round of the game, we went down to the stage to listen to Crush 40 and those other guys play some songs. I was a little disappointed to see them more or less only play the stuff from the last Sonic Boom, but it was nice nonetheless. I took my picture by the photo booth I was standing by, and hung around by that little area for the duration of the concert. I wasn't too short, so I still got a pretty good view (Also, I think I saw Sky there, but his hat description is the only thing I can actually go off of. Though, I only saw one person with that hat, SO...). We went back up after the concert was done to get some more food and play Transformed some more.

The Q&A: If I must be honest, I could barely hear the actual Q&A over the conversations in the lobby. The heat in there was also starting to become unbearable, with the other two people I went with complaining and wanting to go home. I played Transformed one or two more times, which was around the time SeanieB crashed it (Fun Fact: The XMB icon for Transformed is a screencap from Sonic X.). My second time was much more comfortable, seeing as I actually had the controls down. We sat through the entire Q&A, seeing some of the funnier moments (Everyone going silent when the ASR guy suggested anything except "Fighter" during one of the questions.), and some of the... not-so-great moments (Looking at you, crowd who cheered for SA3 of all things.). We left immediately after the Q&A was over, though. The heat inside the place was becoming miserable and it was also feeling more and more cramped.

tl;dr it was fun but i'm never going again if they have it in the house of blues because it was so fucking hot and small

Love the shirt and Chao keychain, hat and the comic I could care less about. It's funny, because we weren't even told to show our tickets. We just walked right in.

There was a Chao keychain? Can we see a picture of it? Only I didn't see anything like that on the twitter pic posted last night.

edit: nevermind...

$T2eC16V,!zQE9s3ssV,OBQ!TW,TUNQ~~60_12.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a little clip of Crush 40 playing that I recorded:

And some of the stuff I got from Sonic Boom:

2012-07-14_14-32-31_196.jpg

Also MikeBlastDude why didn't you go on to be in cosplay competition?

I have a 4 minute ish tour video from the front leading all the way downstairs (VIP not included)

I'll have to convert it and upload late tomorrow after my long drive back from San Diego *salutes this fine city*

Ahh.. tried to put these under spoilers but it glitched out..

This is me.. in case anyone is curious..

wsonicstatue.png

Contest finalists with Sonic mascot.. very bad quality.. sorry..

contest2.png

There were 3 different drink coasters given out at the various bars at Sonic Boom.. One side has Sonic in either a land, air, or water vehicle.. The other side has the Sonic Boom logo.. I have them on the lower left of this picture, while the logo side is autographed on the uppper right..stuff.png

I enjoyed it.. Too tired to upload any more pictures atm though..

*EDITS*

BTW, noticed the Mecha Sonic costume person wants pictures!

http://blazetbw.deviantart.com/ < ---

Edited by Dwapook

You know whats really annoying about this? The fact if you're not there, there just doesn't seem to be a way to follow it.

No live stream (SOS' was set up by fans so it's not exactly a giant technical task).

Just to comment briefly on this: we were told by House of Blues staff when we were in line that we would not be able to do any professional filming but were free to do still camera work, and we agreed to abide by this.

When we actually entered the venue, you can only imagine our surprise when amateur filming suddenly became acceptable. I believe the restriction was in place due to Video Games: The Movie doing filming directly behind the open stage area. As I was busy drinking several beers in less than fifteen minutes in the age-restricted area, it wasn't hard to see the amount of bootleg filming going on. It was surreal.

I would have loved to help set up some sort of streaming, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Edited by Scarred Sun

Also MikeBlastDude why didn't you go on to be in cosplay competition?

I was in it last year with the same costume. Didn't want to do a repeat. :P The Mecha Sonic cosplayer totally deserved to win though; she did an amazing job.

Also, Dwapook, I remember seeing you around quite a few times. I had no idea you were on the SSMB though. XD

I was in it last year with the same costume. Didn't want to do a repeat. tongue.png The Mecha Sonic cosplayer totally deserved to win though; she did an amazing job.

Also, Dwapook, I remember seeing you around quite a few times. I had no idea you were on the SSMB though. XD

Oh no wonder we didn't see you. And yeah that girl definitely deserved to win, wasn't she blaze last year?And I actually saw that interview,I was in the crowd in front of them my face pops out time to time :P. Dat feel when Webber recognizes you and even hangs around you during the event, feels good man.

Also what was up with Sega's twitter, a lot of people tweets are not coming up. Did they take them off because of what happened last year?

Edited by TheBlueWind

Oh no wonder we didn't see you. And yeah that girl definitely deserved to win, wasn't she blaze last year?

Yep, that was the same person.

Also what was up with Sega's twitter, a lot of people tweets are not coming up. Did they take them off because of what happened last year?

I would assume so, yeah. As hilarious as it was to see some of the more inappropriate tweets being shown on the big screen, I could see why they would want to filter them out a bit.

Yep, that was the same person.

I would assume so, yeah. As hilarious as it was to see some of the more inappropriate tweets being shown on the big screen, I could see why they would want to filter them out a bit.

I was a little disappointed since a lot of people were waiting for them to show them on the screen but since it's a family event I understand them.

Also here is my poor attempt at recording the Wreck-it Ralph clip where Sonic comes out:

Aye, if I was more social I probably mentioned something to you about it! Was pretty cool seeing you in a metal costume hanging around a tails doll one.. kind of curious if you had a metal knuckles in your group to complete the trio?

Finally got my pictures up!

Here are a few pics that you guys might like:

DSCN0587_2.jpg

The Sonic statue by itself at the Sega Arcade.

DSCN0593.jpg

My friend Tyler (Tails Doll) and I (Metal Sonic) with the Sonic statue.

DSCN0575.jpg

The All-Stars Racing car in front of the Sega Arcade.

DSCN0586_2.jpg

Shot of the car from the back (this was very hard to take because it was completely blocked off XD).

DSCN0663.jpg

A shot of the stage during the cosplay contest.

DSCN0685.jpg

Group shot of a bunch of people from the Sonic community, including DJ EAR and BlitzChris from SSMB!

Anyone who's interested can see the whole album here.

Aye, if I was more social I probably mentioned something to you about it! Was pretty cool seeing you in a metal costume hanging around a tails doll one.. kind of curious if you had a metal knuckles in your group to complete the trio?

Haha it's all good. I'll definitely say hi next time! :D

We actually did have a third person with us. She wasn't going to be Metal Knuckles (yeah that would have been perfect XD), but she was however going to come as Tikal (as seen from Sonic Boom 2011). Unfortunately, she forgot a significant part of the costume so she didn't do any Sonic cosplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the tour video I shot :

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z190/Jixson80/?action=view&current=100_0606.mp4

Start - Entrance, swag hand outs

0:12 : VIP badges

0:21 : House of Blue store on left

0:28 : Buffet, tables n' chairs, Transformed demos, TVs playing the concert

0:50 : Sonic Merchandise people

0:56 : Bar with soda & coasters

1:55 : Stairs going to lower level, balcony area

2:15 : Table with the quiz raffle

2:52 : E-Postcard booth (there was another to the right of the stage)

3:05 : The 21+ bar

3:15 : The stage

3:20 : The room with the red beer sign is the VIP room

Sorry about the quality

Edited by Jix Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1