Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2012!

Badnik Mechanic

sonicboom1.jpg

Was standing by that photo booth for the duration of the concert. Let's see if anyone recognizes me :v

Edited by Scizor300
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had a great time, besides the part where my camera and cell phone died trying to videotape the entire thing <____<

But I got to meet Jun and half of Cash Cash 8D The other half of my party met Iizuka. Yeeeeah I had the chance to meet up with either and sided with the musical side.

I just got back; I had an AMAZING time! I actually met a lot of people from SSMB there. I'll have pics up soon! biggrin.png

Sonic Boom 2012 was great I met a lot of great Sonic fans, got a chance to play Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing Transformed, and even got a few of my Dreamcast games signed by Takashi Iizuka. Truly a night to remember, I can't wait for Sonic Boom 2013. smile.png

@mikeblastdude did you cosplay as Metal Sonic tonight? If so, I believe that I ran into you on the dance floor and asked what you thought of Sonic 4 Episode II, it's good to see that you had fun at Sonic Boom as well. smile.png

Edited by S0NIC-Keyblade 007

@mikeblastdude did you cosplay as Metal Sonic tonight? If so, I believe that I ran into you on the dance floor and asked what you thought of Sonic 4 Episode II, it's good to see that you had fun at Sonic Boom as well.

Yep, that was me! And I kept having to be like "What?" every time you said something because it was so loud on the dance floor. XD

I saw you too mike :) I was the random short and fat Asian girl trying to videotape how long the lines were.

So, to recap the reveals and tidbits;

-SA2 on PSN/XBLA wasfinally officially announced.

-Wreck-It Ralph was announced for being a playable character in S&ASRT.

-Blaze confirmed to be from an alternate dimension, Silver and Nega confirmed to be from the future (I heard they reaffirmed that '06 was still canon, but that's a point I'm not sure on). Eggman confirmed to have babies in the future (...).

-"Don't worry too much about the story" ~ Ooh, I dread to see how much I'll see this particular Iizuka comment in the future.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I am deeply sadden to mention that I did not enjoyed this as much as I could have. There were many complications that made this a little uncomfortable for me. First of all, that it was around Comic-Con. Since I attended Comic-con today, I was severely tired when it got to the event. Second, the unanounced schedule. I know I should have expected the concert to be early as last year and should have been there on time. The extended schedule made me think it the concert was going to happen later than out did. I got around the Sonic Youth song. I have no idea what I missed before that. Also, The age restricted areas. They had the best view. I know I shouln't be complaining about little details as this, but it severely bothered me. The food was delicious and the fact that they had T.V's on the gaming/food area made it easier to know what's going on around. I believe the place was very small for Sonic Boom. One could barely walk without stomping into somebody else. The gift bag was a very nice addition to the usual first come first serve giveaway thing. They made sure everyone got one. I loved everything else that happened later on like the trivia, Costume contest, meeting some Internet people, and the announcements. Personally, I really hope they never do it in the House of Blues again. It just did not fit the magnitude that this event was. I know most of the things on this were my fault for not thinking ahead and I'm sorry if this little rant differed your views. This is just how I feel.

Edited by R@qH1eL

Eh, experiences are experiences. I should hope no-one is offended by an honest opinion.

AND HOLD IT.

And apparantly all three Marine the Raccoon fans have a lot to mourn over today, since there are no plans to bring her back.

Aw. Oh well.

You didn't see the schedule sheet posted as we walked in? Anyway yeah, the House of Blues definitely felt cramped. I think most of the attendees stood the entire 5 hours (I know I did).

Eh, experiences are experience.

Live and Learn huh. Thanks to this, I'll make sure to be ready for next year.

~

So, to recap the reveals and tidbits;

-Wreck-It Ralph was announced for being a playable character in S&ASRT.

Um...ok? I guess this was the trade off? Get Sonic characters in a movie if they'll let the movie character into the games. Sounds fair.

-Blaze confirmed to be from an alternate dimension, Silver and Nega confirmed to be from the future (I heard they reaffirmed that '06 was still canon, but that's a point I'm not sure on). Eggman confirmed to have babies in the future (...).

Wait..did anybody get this on tape! Finally, official confirmation of what I've been saying from the START.

-"Don't worry too much about the story" ~ Ooh, I dread to see how much I'll see this particular Iizuka comment in the future.
Aaaaaand here it comes:

What story?

Seriously if theres any complaint at all with the games recently its that there tends to be all of maybe two paragraphs of story. In Sonic Generations; a game that could've utilised characters talking about past adventures and making cool little easter egg references and comments and that was ripe with dialogue opportunities they had maybe..what..8 small, small cutscenes altogether. Wtf is that shit!?

I know they wanna try and avoid such things like the aforementioned Blaze/Silver/Nega/Alternate/future conundrum, but that could easily have been avoided if they'd actually approached making a new game with a little care instead of chucking whatever character they like in there without any regard for canon. And as for over complex stories; we get it, a lot of people complained but also a lot of people are idiots. These are probably the same people who complained about "too many shitty characters" and now are complaining when SEGA listened and now we only ever get to play as Sonic these days.

I'm not asking for Shakespear, a little less Sonic '06 story heaviness would be nice but it doesn't mean dropping the story almost altogether or dropping it down to being able to be summarised in a sentence.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I should have it on my memory card, but if that Blaze/Silver/Nega question was asked after the feet question, then we're out of luck for now :S

I verified and I do have it. I just don't have footage of the answer to the feet question... <___<

Edited by SEGAMew

So took a little detour into the San Diego nightlife after Sonic Boom so I barely arrived home (going to regret it in the auditions tomorrow oh well). All I got to say is that Sonic Boom was a blast! It felt a little bit rush compared to last year but it was still good. I was in the balcony area and got to see Crush 40 and Cash Cash from a nice point of view.

2012-07-13_18-20-00_19.jpg

2012-07-13_18-29-58_680.jpg

And to my surprise Iizuka, Aaron Webber, Ken Balough, and Naomi Kyle were there from time to time and got to talk to them and hang out with them. Played some Sonic and All Stars Racing and well all I got to say is....DAAAAMMMMNN! It's an awesome game to play (well I cheated since I went to the arcade first tongue.png )

ResizedImage_1342264429736.jpg

380627_447558475277066_1084846979_n.jpg

Anyways you guys already know the announcements with Nights being a car, Wreck-it-Ralph being in the game, Sonic's clip in the movie (my girlfriend has a bad quality video of it), and the official announcement of Sonic Adventure 2 port. A little dissapointed at the fact that no DLC for Generations, that my tweets were not showing on screen, and that I didn't get picked for the trivia (I knew all the damn answers too!). Liked the comment about Iizuka saying everyone had amnesia in 06 and that fans should not take seriously the stories in Sonic games. Also Naomi not being able to pronounce Echidna was a big facepalm but oh well.

Scored some free merchandise, bought some Crush 40 items, got Jun Senoue autographs, and well overall had a lot of fun. Though the most important thing was when I asked Webber how come we didn't have a time attack competition like last year and his answer was.........next year.....could this mean that there is a new game in store for next year ph34r.png

And I leave you with these wonderful quote that was on the back of the House of Blues:

2012-07-13_17-20-03_25.jpg

So the amnesia thing was legit? Alright, question;

...What does that mean? Does it mean they got amnesia after, or they had it during the game, or what?

...What does that mean? Does it mean they got amnesia after, or they had it during the game, or what?

Iizuka-san's translator said that Silver and Nega are from the future and Blaze are from an alternate dimension. After a brief moment of crowd cheering and whatnot, he added that back in 2006, everyone got amnesia so that's why everything was a bit jumbled up lolzness.

He didn't specify if it was the video game characters or video game developers that got the amensia.

Edited by SEGAMew

He was just joking around when he said that, but he did say that Blaze is from another dimension and that Silver and Eggman Nega from the future. The amnesia part was just a funny way of saying, " we fucked up in the story there or I don't know what we were thinking."

So... does anyone know what the answer was to the feet question? I was lamenting over the death of my first memory card XD; The feet question that asked was if they know what Sonic's/Sonic character feet looked like, and imagine Eggman's feet.

So... does anyone know what the answer was to the feet question? I was lamenting over the death of my first memory card XD; The feet question that asked was if they know what Sonic's/Sonic character feet looked like, and imagine Eggman's feet.

Darkspine_Sonic.jpg

No toes.

Well I know that he has no toes, I wanted to know what's Iizuka's answer was.

That no one knew what Sonic's feet looked like, but that there is a official art depicting it Sonic's feet so that it's most likely how they will look like

he said there's art of Amy without shoes so you could get a general idea of what Sonics look like since they're both... (pause) hedgehogs

Boom was awesome, the food was flipping fantastic, I kept finding drink tickets tongue.png The Wreck It Ralph info was probably my highlight, I got Jun to sign my Sonic Generations cover (wanted Iizuka, but he didnt come out), I got interviewed by Aaron and had a chat with fellow fans and TSS members. The SA2 trailer was a little disappointing, I was all excited about a new game announcement. Other than that, great night! Better than last year smile.png

Edited by Jix Hedgehog