Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I don't know about you guys, but not everyone has a great internet connection :/.

I remember when I was living in a town where the only service available was worse than dial-up and connections dropped every 5 seconds. Can't even imagine trying to download the game if I was still living there.

Edited by Solkia

I don't know about you guys, but not everyone has a great internet connection :/.

I remember when I was living in a town where the only service available was worse than dial-up and connections dropped every 5 seconds.

Dw, you can download it in sleep mode, so long as you start the download. It might take a while, but it'll be hunky dorey, it'll just re-resume if the connection is lost rather than start again.

Downloading games isn't a big deal for me, if that's the only way I'll be able to play the game then so be it.  I downloaded Luigi's Mansion 2 the day it came out because it snowed everywhere and I couldn't go to Gamestop to pick it up, and I downloaded Monster Hunter because I was too goddamn lazy to get out of my chair.  

I'm just glad to play the game.

Were getting it a lot sooner than I thought. Awesome stuff! Sucks it's digital only but since the series doesn't sell enough nowadays I can somewhat understand why Capcom and Nintendo aren't taking the risk. I'm glad we are getting it at all. 16+ as well? Darkest game in the series me thinks?

Sam Riegel looks to be the new voice for Phoenix now since UMVC3. I'm pretty happy with this.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Capcom explain stuff

“Historically it’s been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles. With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

We understand that this decision may upset fans who wanted to have a physical version of the title to add to their collection but we believe this direction is the best to take to ensure that fans are able to enjoy the game at their own leisure.

We will be confirming details on the price point soon so please stay tuned for more information on the latest in the Ace Attorney series.”

Sounds like a decent reason, a large amount of AA's success is based on momentum over time, and with limited supply and hugely raised prices that was difficult for people to get into the series. I really hope Capcom can release the rest digitally in a collection for 3DS or somethin.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't even understand what they're trying to say with that explanation.

• Thumbs Up 1

They did it to avoid production costs. There's no point in lying about it, we already know that's the reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

They're saying that the games don't sell all that well and for people who want to try the games out, they have to generally pay an arm and a leg considering the games are so rare, hence the "as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible"

Edited by PSI Aqua

Seriously, that is probably the weirdest way you could say that.

I mean, I completely understand the reason, but the wording is just... awkward.

Seriously, that is probably the weirdest way you could say that.

I mean, I completely understand the reason, but the wording is just... awkward.

It's just a company trying to turn anything negative about the decision into a positive by stressing the consumer's satisfaction as the leading reason for said decision.

Okay.

Even if that were true, it's still not the reason they did it.

"I know this. My dad works for CAPCOM."

Apparently, CoA was fighting CoJ to get this game released and localized but they wouldn't let them unless it was digital only.

That's what Josh (SuperLink) says on Twitter anyways idek where he's getting this stuff.

I get most of that stuff b/c I've been following their comments on AAI2 and AA5 for a while. Svensson often posts updates and obviously had to explain a lot to the fans why they weren't able to localise AAI2, he also said on the forum "please buy AA5" or somethin like that.

Basically, the difference here is the difference between a PR statement and something said on the Capcom-Unity forums "off record". Most of what is known about the localisation issues (as well as the issues with MegaMan and other stuff) are posted by mods or Capcom Unity employees on that forum, it's not broadcast to most of the internet because it's not a PR statement or doesn't have a press release or anythin.

I hope that makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolute bullshit for those like me who don't have wifi and thus no means of getting the game. This is disappointing news.

• Thumbs Up 1

From my experience I've been all over town with my DS Lite and not a single public place has ever managed to connect with it. Probably wouldn't be any different once I buy a 3DS.

DS lite and 3DS have drastically different Wi-Fi capabilities in my experience. I never once got my DS to connect to an access point.

Try it with your 3DS somewhere.

Dude, download only? I've been using my 3DS SD Card for everything except the actual 3DS! ..I don't even know where it is anymore. Great....

Eh, though I don't really like the idea of having to download the game mainly cuz of space, I think I'll still get it. Might need to grab a bigger SD though

Edited by Panda Cero

Several games as of late, most recently my brand new copy of TWEWY, have given me a change of heart.

I am fucking glad that AA5 is going digital because I never want to buy another fucking retail game again for the foreseeable future.

At least having digital games eliminates the possibility of getting a defective copy. >>

• Thumbs Up 1

Problem with DSLite is that the wifi used an outdated WEP security measure. Almost everyone moved onto more advanced security like WPA which resulted in tons of people not having online access. It sucked too because I played games like Phantasy Star Zero online frequently and could no longer due to the wifi technology being outdated. DSi somewhat fixed this by adding WPA support and some games used this such as the Pokemon games.

But yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find a local Wifi access point. McDonalds if I remember correctly does free wifi and so does Starbucks. If you don't have either of those...

I think the problem is that these games would require a few hours to stay near an access point.

So they got the VA from UMvC3? He seems to be voicing a lot of characters I know lately, including Teddie.

That first Objection was good, but that second one...yeesh.