Awoo.

Breaking Bad

SuperStingray

Oh my god, that climax was the most satisfying scene I've ever seen in my life.  The greatest literal employment of Chekov's Gun ever.  And was the justice couldn't have been more poetic- Jesse got to kill the man who imprisoned him with the cuffs that binded him and Walt got to kill the man who killed his brother with the same gun in the same way.

A brilliant conclusion to a brilliant series.

applause.gif

In a word: perfect.

Everything happened exactly as I wanted it to.

EDIT: Gathered up my thoughts. From my tumblr:

--

I can’t even get over how much I fucking love this show jesus christ

I’m so happy the show ended the way it did. Regardless of all the awful things that transpired between Jesse and Walt, I fucking cheered out loud when Jesse nodded to him at the end. It’s only the tiniest bit of reconciliation but that alone was enough to feel like the perfect closure between the two.

I’m glad that Walt and Skyler had one last talk and that he finally admitted that he was doing everything for himself and not for his family. It was the one time he was being fucking honest, not putting up a mask, not excusing his actions.

I’m also pretty happy that Walt was able to give his money to his family in the end. He finally accomplished the goal he originally set out to achieve in the beginning of the series.

Killing Jack and his crew the same exact way they took out Hank and Gomie was satisfying as fuck. Again, I cheered like crazy when Walt shot him mid-sentence. And Jesse killing Todd was the god damn frosting on the cake.

And I’m with Jonathan Banks here. Jesse goes to take care of Brock. That’s what happens and I’m sticking with it, even if we don’t get to see it.

Breaking Bad is such a fantastic show and I fell utterly in love with it and its entire cast and crew, and it made Bryan Cranston into one of my favorite actors ever. I’m so sad and I just can’t see any other show filling this void now that it’s over.

• Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't agree more with everyone else; that finale was everything I ever could have hoped for. No cliffhangers, no nonsense, just a perfect conclusion to a perfect show. Easily my favourite of form of media of all-time.

Now to wait for November to arrive so I can get this bad boy into my hands!

Finally got to see the finale which means I can walk safely in this topic again :P

Wow! That's all I can say, just...wow....Never before have I been so happy with a finale to a series I've loved. In fact, never before have I been so happy with a series full stop, aside from the plane crash (which stretched my suspension of disbelief just a little too far) I loved every moment of this show and every character too.

Even characters I was certain I'd hate (hated Saul when he first showed up) became so well rounded and had so many sides that I couldn't help but love them.

Walt was something completely new, a character who you initially loved, wanted to succeed, who eventually came such a ruthless bastard that you wanted nothing more than to see him taken down and still he had moments where he was vulnerable and you could totally understand how he got to where he was.

His final moments with Skyler and saying goodbye to Holly, then being forced to simply watch as his son headed home were utterly heartbreaking. I wished everything could be taken back, that Walt, a character I had previously wanted dead, could return to his normal life, but of course that couldn't be.

The final moments of the series were perfect. It closed off enough doors that it wasn't infuriating, but left enough questions unanswered that it didn't feel too much like everything was wrapping up. It was a fine balance that the writers hit perfectly.

The series as a whole, is one of the most well crafted and rewarding television experiences I've had. Now we can only hope that the upcoming "Better Call Saul" special will add to the universe convincingly. I've every confidence that it will.

To cut a long story short, I didn't want it to end.....but what and ending. Couldn't have asked for better.

To cut a long story short, I didn't want it to end.....but what and ending. Couldn't have asked for better.

I didn't want it to end either, but probably like others, I couldn't imagine where the show could have gone after Walt took care of Gus. I stood up till 5am marathoning Breaking Bad until the very end since I only watched the first half of the last season since it was on Netflix. To be truly honest, I kinda saw that end coming, of course I didn't see THAT ending, but I knew what was ultimately was going to happen and even though it saddens me, that was a beautiful ending to a beautiful series.

I feel bad for Jesse though.... he's probably more broken than ever. Even before what they did to him, he just seemed so miserable before, like all the money in the world couldn't make him happy (well that and the kid that was killed right in front of him)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Says your video doesn't exist, Snow!

Look what arrived at my doorstep today! £110 very well spent.

11xt5lc.jpg?1

Can't wait to get cracking with all the special features and such! Also, people are trying to flog these on Amazon for over £350...ridiculous!

Says your video doesn't exist, Snow!

Look what arrived at my doorstep today! £110 very well spent.

11xt5lc.jpg?1

Can't wait to get cracking with all the special features and such! Also, people are trying to flog these on Amazon for over £350...ridiculous!

Is that the collection that comes with the los pollos apron? I wanted that so bad....

I didn't see this show in its original run, but after hearing how good it was I wanted to check it out, so my dad and I watched it from beginning to end.  All I can say is that it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.  Apparently it's the highest-rated TV series of all time, and I'm behind that completely.

What really stands out is the writing.  For a show like this, the writing is probably the most important aspect, because it is what drives the viewer to care about what's going on with the characters, and good GOD is this show good at it.  Nearly every conversation was enough to get my heart pounding, seemingly without even trying.  And when it's clear that the show is ramping up the tension, I can hardly even breathe because I'm hanging on to every word like my life depends on it.  Absolutely top-notch.

My favorite scene is probably the ending of the episode "Crawl Space." 

I'm not kidding when I say that scene was absolutely terrifying.  Like, scarier than any horror movie, at least in context.  Everything just goes to complete shit within the span of like 2 minutes, and the music is icing on the cake.  Hell, the music alone kicked the scene up a notch.  It was like something out of Silent Hill.

So yeah, this is one of the best shows ever, if not THE best (I'm still partial to Last Airbender, but whatever).  Now that I've finished it, I don't know what to do other than praise it to high heaven.  The actors are great, the story is great, and the writing is genius.  No show I've seen has come close to this level of consistent quality.  It's brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 2