Awoo.

The most inspiring Sonic songs.

VO.SUPER

well there are many great sonic songs..

you must be open minded about the songs im going to show you,

silver theme song is very inspiring

idk this song is just beast lol

its the japanesse intro to sonic cd, its really inspirinng though.

knuckles theme in sdx is awsome to! and sonic and tail's lol

wouldnt say this song is inspiring but if you've seen sonic the movie i liked the fact its about sonic and metal sonic XD

Stage, Boss, and Cutscene Music

Oddly enough I'm not too crazy about the stage music in classic games...I do think the music is great, but it's the later games in the series that have stage music that I absolutely love.

Stage/Boss Music that Makes Me Happy

~Emerald Coast

~Speed Highway: At Dawn

~Escape from the City

~I love all of Unleashed's soundtrack, particularly:

~~Skyscraper Scamper Day AND Night

~~Eggman boss theme

~~and...okay, all the day stage songs ;P

~a lot of Sonic Colours' soundtrack, especially the Game World mixes!

~and...probably a whole lot more that I'm forgetting D:

Stage/Boss Music That Makes Me Feel Awesome

~Escape from the City, again

~Biolizard (Supporting Me)

~Dark Gaia Phase 2 (aka Endless Possibility instrumental orchestra of awesomeness

~Egg Nega-Wisp Armour Phase 2 (Reach for the Stars instrumental)

~and...again, probably tons of other stages/bosses I'm forgetting

Notably Inspiring Cutscene Music

~The SA2 ending music. Seriously. ;w;

~Sonic Unleashed opening (Sonic's assault on Eggman's base) SO. AWESOME.

Vocal Themes

Endless Possibility is probably my favourite theme for Sonic. It's just such a happy and carefree song--it fits him and his optimistic outlook on life perfectly. I love It Doesn't Matter too, but Endless Possibility is a song I can replay over and over without getting tired of it.

(Off-topic: An instrumental version of either IDM or EP could make a good leitmotif for Sonic, similar to what they've been doing with Eggman's '06 theme. Just a thought. ;P)

As for other vocal themes...pretty much all of them. Particularly final boss-related music, but not just limited to that. smile.png In their own ways, each one inspires me.

~It Doesn't Matter. Yes, I may prefer Endless Possibility as Sonic's theme, but it also fits very well, and I think it does a good job of summing up Sonic's personality. Sonic is one of my favourite fictional characters ever, so of course his theme would be inspiring to me. I admire his ability to do what's right, and never give up the fight~ Oh, and I do personally prefer the SA2 version, although both sound pretty good.

~Open Your Heart: How can this song NOT be inspiring? I interpret it as Sonic desperately trying to get through to Chaos (while, of course, giving him an epic and violent beatdown!), knowing that there is still good within the creature. Also, aslkdajglelsjrsgrs I don't know why but I love the Generations remix so much ;w; sorry original version...

~Live and Learn: <3 'nuff said. Seriously though, nostalgia is mostly what makes this one inspiring to me. As I've mentioned before, SA2 was the first Sonic game I played all the way through, and the second Sonic game I played ever. Live and Learn was my jam. I wish there had been a Generations remix, I'd probably be listening to it right now!

~What I'm Made Of: It's just such an awesome song. It's really the only vocal theme from that game that I love, although the others are decent. (I know some apparently interpret it as being from Metal's point of view, but IMO, it's definitely Super Sonic's theme.)

~I Am...All of Me: ...Shut up, it's a guilty pleasure. tongue.png

~Endless Possibility: All-time favourite of all of these (so far... ;D), as previously explained!

~Dear My Friend: Oh, Chip. I didn't mind the little guy, and this song is quite the tearjerker...and yet, at the same time, it's so filled with hope.

~Reach for the Stars: Not really one of my favourites, but it does make me smile somewhat. As some have pointed out, the lyrics make rather amusing metaphors about how Sonic Colours was one of the major steps in bringing Sonic back to...well...stardom! I absolutely love the instrumental version played during the final boss, both Phase 1 and 2. Phase 1 inspires you to do your best to fight, and Phase 2 inspires you in a "FINISH HIM!!!" way. wink.png

Honestly, after all of these, I was disappointed when Generations didn't have a main theme of it's own. Imagine just how epic it could have been. Oh well, at least some of those songs made it into the game.

<3

Edited by ElementofChaos7

Not necessarily your favorite tracks, but the ones that stand out to you the most or have significance to you as a Sonic fan

1. Wrapped in Black (OST version)- Sonic Rush

The entire Sonic Rush soundtrack was a refreshing take on Sonic featuring music from Hideki Naganuma who worked on my beloved Jet Set Radio series. Upon the second trailer I immediately knew it was his work. Why this track? It amazes me how Naganuma can choose samples that just create a menacing atmosphere ( see "Grace and Glory" of the Dreamcast Jet Grind Radio). The song was more menacing than Eggman was post-Sonic 3&K. It was perfect.

2. Snowy Mountain- Sonic Adventure

Considering most people can blow through the intro of Ice Cap sub 30 seconds, people miss out on this gem. Never being one to rush, I searched every nook and cranny of this stage and boy the spanish guitar part made the journey well worth it. Its like a reward for those that appreciate the scenery of the stage. It encompasses why I love Sonic Adventure so much more than the other 3D titles. Sometimes I don't wanna go fast. I just wanna explore, screw around and appreciate the open space.

3. Wacky Workbench Past- Sonic CD

Having the US sountrack on the PC version of Sonic CD, going from Present to Past was often a jarring experience. I hated the stage(still do) but this track made me stop and go "whoa," like I really entered a whole new time period. The level was still shit, but it was an interesting experience.

4. Terminal Velocity-Sonic Colors

I was spoiled before I got Colors, I had listened to all the tracks and knew all the levels beforehand.. EXCEPT Terminal Velocity. I was just suddenly running down the side of the space elevator with Eggman's reinforcements trying to take me out. The music felt like it was written during the time of Sonic Adventure with the blaring horns, yet had a very modern Senoue sound with the guitar. In fact with the exception of the Asteroid Coaster themes, it was the only heavy guitar theme in the game which gave it more impact as a final stage.

5. Game Manual-Sonic Jam

Sonic Jam was my very first Sonic game. And it was a LOT of Sonic to handle.The original games, Japanese commercials, Sonic CD intros, concept art the works. In one game I was exposed to more Sonic than many would before the rise of youtube. My first game I knew what this character was all about. I liked Sonic since roughly 95'-96, but got into the series in 1997, so my time with Classic Sonic was short lived, but compact. I spent plenty of time scrolling through the japanese manuals, looking at the illustrations of the character. I came across the much forgotten "quote" of Sonic.

"When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Not to be overly dramatic, but Sonic was once more than a character. He was an ideal in cartoon form. I still love the character, but thats been kinda lost today(in both Modern and "Classic" Sonic). When I hear this song, I remember it. And those late nights at my grandmothers house playing Sega Saturn.

Enough about me, how about you guys?

• Thumbs Up 6

Boss Theme - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Master System)

Sonic 2 for the Sega MS was the first game I played, it was from my dad and if I remember correctly I was 3/4 years old the first time I played it.

Since it didn't had any save system I played the game a lot of times until I reached the final boss (way more than 500 times, belive me!) but there was a thing that made me lost most of the times, the 1st boss! That bastard was a pain in the ass to beat so I heard the boss music for most time while playing it.

Nowadays I usually find me humming the boss theme many times during the day, it has grown in me and looks like I will remember it forever.

Edit: I used the word time/times 6 times... I mean 7 during this :S

Edited by Tmsp

Kinda a predictable choice, but "With Me" from SatBK for me.

It's just so epic, that it makes me feel I can face and handle anything that comes my way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't think of five off the top of my head, but I can easily tell you my number one.

The Sonic CD Japanese/ EU opening animation, along with 'Sonic - You Can Do Anything' is the single most iconic Sonic-related song to me. Hell, the video itself is the single most influential and iconic piece of Sonic media to me, full stop. I'll never forget how absolutely captivated, mesmerised and just plain awestruck I was when I first saw that video in Sonic Jam when I rented it back as a kid (never did play Sonic CD itself for a while longer).

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Green hill zone - Sonic the hedgehog on the megadrive was my first video game ever. Green hill was therefore my first piece of video game music.

starlight zone - Just an epic song in general, also some of the remixes on youtube for it are amazing.

Ice cap zone act 1 - Its such a simple song but it fits the atmosphere of the level brilliantly and its got a nice beat to it.

What Im made of - Remains to be my favorite final boss music (and yes that includes live and learn)

Aquarium park- Act 1 is excellent and then the other acts remix it to make it just as cool in various ways. Again its got a nice beat and its atmospheric.

5. Sonic R - "Diamond In The Sky"

The melody is simple, the lyrics are sappy at best, and the game itself (while fun) is nothing to write home about.

And yet, I get a big smile on my face whenever I listen to this song, even though from a qualitative standpoint I'm perfectly willing to admit it isn't all that great. Something about its boundless optimism and sweet (even saccharine) message just puts me in a good mood, and for that reason alone, the song ranks high on my list.

4. Sonic Adventure 2 - All of Rouge's music

There's never been a lot of jazz in the Sonic franchise, but when there is, it's pretty awesome. Despite not really caring for Rouge as a character, I feel she got- bar none- the absolute best level music in the game. These catchy melodies just get into my head and won't leave; I never get tired of listening to them, and they do a tremendous job of setting the atmosphere for Rouge's missions in-game.

"Egg Quarters" is my favorite of the bunch, but they're all fantastic.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Hydrocity Zone Act 2

Hydrocity Act 1 was a very catchy song, but Act 2 is just beautiful. It's a fairly intricate melody, and a great choice of jammin' 16-bit instruments. Easily my favorite song from the classic era.

2. Sonic Adventure - "Theme of E-102 Gamma"

Like I said for entry 4, when Sonic does a jazzy song, it does it incredibly well. Gamma's theme is classy, elegant, and even a bit sentimental; And with no lyrics, at that! The song evokes emotion very well without having to say a single word, and it definitely gets props for that.

Related, the simplistic arrangement of Gamma's leitmotif that plays at the end of his story (After he explodes and his Flicky escapes) is nice too.

1. Sonic Adventure 2 - "E.G.G.M.A.N."

I know, I know; You all saw this coming, and it seems incredibly biased of me to pick this, but this song really is awesome. Even if this song wasn't about my favorite character, it's still awesome and deserves a high spot on my list.

The music is great, and the lyrics totally fit Eggman's bombastic character. I can't say too much about it, really; It's great, and easily the best song of Sonic Adventure 2, if not the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Supporting Me... - Sonic Adventure 2

This is such a BEAUTIFUL boss theme. Of course, Live and Learn was a far more suitable theme for a true, final, climatic kicking-some-ass final boss, but, this was more subdued.

It was personal to Shadow, and his first step to redemption and fulfilling Maria's wish, and the lyrics really reflected that. The instrumentation matched the dark, gloomy surroundings and surreal nature of the battle. The echoes of Live and Learn also add an ominous tone to the scene as a whole as a hint to what's coming. The surreal tone also compliments the Bioizard's "failed" life form appearences. And it's just so... GORGEOUSLY melancholy. Really captures the story behind Shadow, Maria, Gerald, the Biolizard, and all the tragedy that came between them. My favourite song from any Sonic game.

2. Bad Ending - Sonic 2 8-bit

Just such a beautiful ending, and again, very melancholy (notice a pattern here? lol). Of course on the Master System it is the ONLY ending theme, but still, it really goes well with Sonic running alone through the Green Hill Zone as night falls. Even though it's a very sad implied ending, it's so beautifully done, mainly thanks to this song, I couldn't help but still feel rewarded when I finally beat my very first Sonic game.

3. Gimmick Mt. - Sonic 2 8-bit

I love the entire Sonic 2 soundtrack because it teems with nostalgia for me, but this song in particular just has a certain SOMETHING I can never put my finger on in words. Again it's that slightly surreal edge that I love. This is one of the more unique mechanical zones in appearence too. It sounds DARK without being menacing.

4. Tornado Defense: 1st Battle - Sonic Unleashed

This song, along with the visuals it went with, completely forgave any initial gripes that they go with a simple QTE minigame. This music just completely evokes the feeling of being carefree under a sunny summer's sky like few other songs have in the series. That's a wonderful feeling to capture in music.

5. Unawakening Float - Sonic and the Secret Rings

When the stage first loaded in I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. I was expecting something techno or, I dunno what I was expecting. But those echoey opening guitars? Seemed totally out there. I cannot believe just how much this song transformed what was already a gorgeous level into something MINDBLOWINGLY different and epic for a final stage. While the actual level design is nowhere near my favourite in the series, this most certainly is my favourite final stage theme. It has lovely lyrics, epic strings for the chorus, an intense rocking guitar section, and then even at the loop it has those BANGIN' drums to accompany the reprise of the echoey intro guitars that absoloutely keep the song moving without sacrificing that interesting introduction from recurring. I just love this song.

• Thumbs Up 1

*sigh* Top 5 Sonic songs? Well, to me, I dunno if I could make a top 5; I love so many songs from the franchise. But the ones that come to mind right now are all classic songs that just somehow take me back to my childhood.

1. Emerald Hill: Sonic 2 was my first Sonic game, and it's still my favorite to this day. Part of the reason is the absolutely epic soundtrack, it's just a total blast to listen to. Yet Emerald Hill just sticks with me; it's like the embodiment of all that Sonic 2 is in one song. It's peaceful yet invigorating and nostalgic from the opening note. It gets you pumped for a great game.

2. Starlight Zone: Listening to this song just takes me back in time, to a time when Sonic was so much simpler and novel than he is now. It's just a cute little track that takes me back to the Genesis days.

3. Palmtree Panic (past): Same as Starlight Zone, really. this song just stands out to me from all the others in Sonic CD, and I remember one time playing this game about a year or so ago and just standing still for 5 minutes in the Palmtree Panic's past, listening to the music...

4. Emerald Coast (Windy and Ripply): Oh my God. This song alone just reminds me of why I love Sonic Adventure. When I was a kid, I was at the local mall with my Dad. It was 1998, and a Japanese demo of Sonic Adventure's Emerald Coast was playable at Electronics Boutique (remember when it was called that?). And WOW, I was stunned. The graphics were unreal, the speed was just so cool, and everything just had a fantastic atmosphere. But the music that Jun Senoue masterfully crafted for the level just tied it all together. It's excellent on so many levels.

5. Planet Wisp: This track just showcases how epic music from the franchise can be, in my eyes. The song is written to truly sound like a lost paradise, yet it's upbeat enough to fit into a Sonic game. The minor-based piano progressions, jazzy guitar and bass backing track, the chorus' swell, it's just a fine example of how dynamic music from the franchise can be.

That's all I got :P

Oh yes this will be fun.

1: Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic 2

This theme is sick, how the hell can you resist bopping your head to that absolutely eargasmic tune? And it goes perfectly with the setting of the stage. I could listen to this for hours and it would never get old.

2: Hydrocity Act 2 from Sonic 3

FUCK, YES. This is song is the best tune from the classic area hands down. The beat is sexy and it really gives the feeling like you're running through a lost underwater city. It has the same infectious "must dance" quality that Mystic Cave Zone had. It's just as well, Hydro City is my most favorite level from Sonic 3 so it's appropriate that it has the best tune. And it's perfect in it's placement, Act 1's theme is calm and mostly chill, and when Act 2 comes up, shit gets real when this tune starts playing.

3: At Dawn from Sonic Adventure

A beautiful track and an absolute sin that i wasn't included in Generations. It goes well with the morning sun that is featured in the respective section. It's just so uplifting and wonderfully composed.

4:Jungle Joyride Night from Sonic Unleashed

Best track in the game, hands down. It really gives the feeling like youre stuck in the middle of a deep, dark, Jungle. The piano is -by far- the best part of the song, especially the solo it get about halfway through, leaves me breathless every time.

5: Planet Wisp All variations

Love it, needs to be used more as a recurring theme.

People will hate my list, it has songs from games people hate alot...

5. City Escape

This song is just win. The first time I played this stage back in 02 I was just grinning. Cheesy done right and gets the crowd jumping.

4. Never Let it Go

Sonic the Fighters had an awesome soundtrack that is often overlooked. This battle was infuriating, yet you kept trying. I did just to hear the music again. It felt so right for Metal Sonic and the Death Egg in general. Thumbs up!

3. Open Your Heart

Pure Nostalgia. Sitting in my child minders house watching the opening cutscene and headbanging! Johnny and Jun do awesome on their first song capturing the fury, terror and epix action of the story of Sonic Adventure. This game had an awesome theme and is made even much better in Generations!

2. I Am/ All of Me

Many people scream in horror. Shadow! Why?? Shadow is still one of my fave characters and remembering my hype bar back in 05 for his game was immense. When they showed the 3rd trailer with this theme in the back, I realised Crush 40 had gone dark. It was incredible. Also, when you see an advert for the game in the cinema, it leaves an imprint in your mind. I hear Crush 40 on high definition cinema speakers.

1. Solaris Phase 2

Even worse cries from the masses. Why??? I have no idea. This song just hit me so hard the first time I heard it. I broke down into tears of joy over it. Now if I ever feel upset or stressed I listen to this track. It soon makes me feel better. So this track is number 1 simply for how helpful it has been. Thank you Sonic 06, you may be hated but you can calm my nerves any day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Took me a while to think this but:

1. Unknown from M.E. (Sonic Adventure 1)

Knuckles is hands down my favourite Sonic character. Sure in more recent times he's becoming somewhat of a joke character (much to my annoyance). Sure the rapping vocals from Dread Fox aren't perfect but Marlon Saunders' soul lyrics are just fantastic. He is an amazing vocalist, I would even recommend listening to some of his stuff. He is very underrated if you ask me.

2. Dry Lagoon (Sonic Adventure 2)

I do have to agree with Dr Mechano, Rouge's levels had some top notch jazzy music, definitely the best in the game (though I thought Knuckles had some pretty good music too, Death Chamber's lyrics are hilarious though). Dry Lagoon is my favourite of them. It's one of those songs you can just listen to, no matter what mood and then just chill out to it.

3. Sand Oasis (Sonic and the Secret Rings)

Alot of people never saw eye-to-eye with Secret Rings, but for me, it's a guilty pleasure. I just absolutely love the soundtrack, it was your tradintional Sonic rock/metal mix combine with a little authenticity. Sand Oasis stands out for me for it's amazing sitar work in it. Pirate Storm was close 2nd.

4. Boss Theme (Japanese) (Sonic CD)

This theme is simply amazing. It really helps you get pumped up for the boss fight, as opposed to the US version where it seems like the boss is going to fuck you over before you even know it. The vocals of the song are quite good too

5. Mephiles (Phase 2) (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

I've always had a soft spot for Mephiles. What he does in Sonic 06 is something that Dr Eggman may need to write down for the future. What is so grteat about this song is how eerie the intro is, leading to a monstrous metal theme. It just make me feel like Mephiles is not a guy to fuck around with. I guess there was some good after all in Sonic 06, of course the good isn't even close to outweighing the bad of Sonic 06 =P

Edited by Rawpowered
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm a huge fan of the music from the series. Have been since I discovered Sonic CD's (Japanese) soundtrack for the very first time back when I was about 12/13.

So I'll start the countdown from the top!

In at No.5:

5. Endless Mine Zone (Sonic The Hedgehog 3)

I've always had a secret love for this track, though didn't want to be passionately in love back in the day due to all the insults I'd get. Rediscovering this in the form of City Escape Act 1 on Sonic Generations reignited that passion. Plus the jmr version from Project Chaos just made me 'gasm.

4. Launch Base Zone (Act 1) (Sonic The Hedgehog 3)

I admit, I have quite a passion for music for Sonic 3. Half of these songs I didn't even realise they were produced by Michael Jackson, but noticing the ones he did do (with the "oo" and "yeah") really intrigued me. But this is one funky beat you could break down on.

3. Boss (Japanese) (Sonic CD)

Work that sucker to death! Never even knew the lyric to this back when I was younger, but now I do, it's all the more better for it! Quality

2. Metallic Madness (Japanese) (Present) (Sonic CD)

Admittedly, I have huge favouritism with the Sonic CD Japanese soundtrack (well, in the same vein as the Sonic Generations one) and this is one track I've always been in love with. The heavy synths very reminiscent of the early 90's British rave scene is like candy to my ears.

1. Stardust Speedway (Japanese) (Bad Future) (Sonic CD)

My personal favourite. Loved this song the most out of Sonic CD. Stardust Speedway being my favourite stage of the entire franchise, the hard hitting beats to this one always made me love this stage even more so. Plus with the remake of Sonic CD for XBLA, I managed to play the boss fight with Metal Sonic with passion.

Of course, all of these were were decided with much difficulty, as I love quite alot of music from the series. I just enjoy these ones the most.

Oh there are just to many good ones! I guess if i take out the final boss themes(Since they would take up the whole list!Open your heart counts!tongue.png) it makes it easier.Sort of.

1. DOOR INTO SUMER(Knuckles Chaotix)

Any version of this song just sounds so peacful and sonic-y. I just LOVED how they gave it that violin in generations! especially when it goes quiet for that brief sec.

2.CRISIS CITY(MODERN))(Sonic Generations)

Holy Crap. I thought the classic version felt epic and then we get something like this! That sense of danger and excitement plus the nods to the original just made it the best song in generations to me! Plus DAT VIOLIN!

3.ROOFTOP RUN(Sonic Unleashed)

Rooftop run sounded so exotic and sonic like to me! It is the first song that pops into my head when i think Unleashed. Next to Eggmanland but thats just cause its twisted.

4.TERMINAL VELOCITY(Sonic Colors)

This song just screamed epic and amazing! It mixes everything i like in a sonic song into one! And act 2 while short just felt so dinamic! Getting chased down the elevator while hearing that just pushed me to not fall in pits! Sad no remix in generations.

5.THE PALACE THAT WAS FOUND(SATSR)

This song was pretty unexpected when i first played SATSR. But it was unexpected in a good way. Who knew something as repetitive as" WHO'S GONNA ROCK THIS PLACE?!" Would be catchy in a good way?biggrin.png

Other songs:

Metal harbor

Station Square

Green forest

Starlight Carnival

Starlight zone

Aquatic park

Kingdom valley

Speed highway

Stardust speedway

With me

Dear my friend

Endless possibilities

Gamma's theme

Sonic heroes special stage1

Edited by the hedgehogs boost
  • Thumbs Up 2

In no particular order.

With Me/What I'm made of

First and formost, it is an excellently appropriate final boss track. Its got lovely sharp and angry riffs. Marty Freidmann did some pretty kicking solos in there too. What really gets me are the lyrics, which are so well written and so appropriate for the situation. Live and Learn, whilst a decent song, makes no sense in the context of the battle. All the other ones are orchestral remixes of their respective main themes. One of the two remaining song to have lyrics that vaguely have anything to do with the context of the story is What I'm Made of. That song, was also much heavier metal than the series has seen, much darker and much more powerful.

Which is why I'd prefer Jun Senoue to do a Final Boss track. As much as I love Orchestrated themes, I'd prefer Senoue to lay down the hammer and produce an awesome final boss track, which has lyrics sensitive to the context of the fight. OK, maybe not Hard Rock all the time. Perhaps a grand Rock-Orchestral-techno fusion (ideally recorded live with an actual Orchestra and Jun ripping some riffs).

I like the idea of an upbeat Sonic-y song being the main theme of the game (doesn't need to have lyrics) and a much harder, heavier and more emotional final boss track that is unique, not just an orchestral mix of the main theme tune, though it can incorporate a few musical references to the main theme if it must (Like how C40's remix of "All Hail Shadow has a couple referencial riffs to "I am...all of me").

Supporting Me

There is nothing I can do but repeat what Jez said. In a game with a potential for such a deep plot, most of which was never fully realised, this is the one song, which thickens it all. Its the 3rd of the only 3 songs to be context sensitive. It is so melancholy and dark. A trance mix where the lyrics acho around in your head, like barely understandable memories from the distant past. Its so appropriate for the situation and puts so much emotion in the fight, even though most players won't notice or care.

We need more songs like this. Songs that are sensitive to the plot. Glorious.

Unawakening Float.

Its not context sensitive, but its so very appropriate for the stage its providing the music for. Its got lovely riffs that echo around, with tasty yet simple repeated riffs. Its temp also increases very slightly over the course of the track, which is certainly interesting. Its also got some fantastic dream-like lyrics. Its like the whole of Erazor Djinn's palace is singing to you about how its lost in drowsy, permanent night, floating about aimlessly. Great tune. Its also the first (and probably last) song to feature a drum solo, cool shit.

Crisis City Act 2 (Modern)

So much emotion and urgency in this song that never existed in the original. Where the original was grand, this remix is much faster paced and pushes you forward constantly. The persistant beat and the absolutely stunning strings and chords and makes the track feel much more alive and natural. They took that signature phrase from Crisis City and added nothing but an additional, much sombre chord and upped the tempo and instantly made it much more............urgent (2nd time I said this word). Seriously, its just sooooooo good.

I really want whoever remixed the track, to take it and extend it; adding in some missing parts from the original, and rerecord it live, with an actual strings ensemble/orchestra, a synthesiser for the techno beats and synth chords, and maybe get Senoue to chuck some guitar in where appropriate and reuse it in a game with a proper story, where the music's emotion is relevant.

• Thumbs Up 2

In no order:

My first Sonic game, the first level of the game, basically my very first experience with the 'hog began with this song.

The first Sonic game I truly purchased once I legitimately got into the franchise opened with this song. Extremely catchy and memorable, one of my favorites in the franchise.

Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure is also one of the most memorable to me. I played this level at least 10 or 15, maybe even more times before ever owning the game. Not super nostalgic or anything, but memorable.

Here are my 4...

Open your heart

Pure nostalgia. I love this track and it still stands as my favorite sonic track (yes even beating escape the city). The guitar is just amazing and the lyrics once you just sit down and listen to them really explains the struggle of Chaos and the chao. It really has a meaning to it.

City escape Modern(Generations)

I already loved the original so just hearing the remix with the extra set of lyrics made me cry in joy. I just love this song plain flat.

Death Egg Robo (generations)

The sense of urgency in this song is un touched in the series. I have never felt the urge to just kiss some ass soooo bad. Especially this boss. This was consider my hardest boss in the original 4 games so seeing it return with such emotion, such strength is just amazing. And the later you get in the song the better it gets. It has 3 freaking phases to it. C'mon basically 3 remixes to the same song stuck in one boss fight in one amazing game. GENIUS!!

Theme song of Gamma (Sonic Adventure)

Like I said for entry 4, when Sonic does a jazzy song, it does it incredibly well. Gamma's theme is classy, elegant, and even a bit sentimental; And with no lyrics, at that! The song evokes emotion very well without having to say a single word, and it definitely gets props for that.

Related, the simplistic arrangement of Gamma's leitmotif that plays at the end of his story (After he explodes and his Flicky escapes) is nice too

. I'm quoting this because I feel the exact same way.

I don't really have a 5th because I believe all of the other songs are just equally amazing in it's own way, but these 4 stood out the most to me.

Edited by Eternal X

5 of your most significant music tracks -> The most inspiring sonic songs

I merged the topic into an already-existing topic. They seemed to essentially be about the same subject, and we try to keep things at a one-topic-per-subject basis. =)

Does this mean I have to post here as well? Ooh! I love the Sonic 3 Special Stage music, it was always special to me. Upbeat and happy. The same goes for the Sonic 2 Special Stage music. They also fit to those intense moments where you would be striving to win an emerald. Great times!

• Thumbs Up 1

2. Snowy Mountain- Sonic Adventure

Considering most people can blow through the intro of Ice Cap sub 30 seconds, people miss out on this gem. Never being one to rush, I searched every nook and cranny of this stage and boy the spanish guitar part made the journey well worth it. Its like a reward for those that appreciate the scenery of the stage. It encompasses why I love Sonic Adventure so much more than the other 3D titles. Sometimes I don't wanna go fast. I just wanna explore, screw around and appreciate the open space.

I think Sonic levels should have music that makes the adrenaline pump. Unleashed was full of it.

Practically every Day level, aside from Savannah Citadel and Cool Edge, had tracks that made me want to run, jump, and boost like a mad person. Especially Rooftop Run, Jungle Joyride, and Dragon Road. Dear God, just hearing these tracks makes me want to attempt a speed run!

Oh and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Aqj-TFCJ0

This song. THIS. FREAKING. SONG. This is the ONE song in Generations that makes me want to conquer a flame scorched wasteland like I never conquered one before! I don't even like the original theme of Crisis City but this rendition brings it to a whole different level.

I could never narrow it down to one or two favorites - hell, probably not even 10. But here are some that I really enjoy, in no particular order, just picked off the top of my head.

Tricky Maze/Lost World part 1 - SA1 has my favorite soundtrack of any game ever, mainly because it succeeds in having a lot of variety, and the songs just fill me with nostalgia. This song is one of the most beautiful, but it also fills me with a mystical sense of wonder. I beat this game for the first time when I was pretty young, and growing up this was the song (and level) that I remembered the least. Playing it again filled me with a sense of discovery, and the music was fantastic to go along with it.

Marble Zone - 2 was sort of a magic number for me as a kid. And by that I mean I often got to the second zone in the classic Sonic games, and no further due to lack of skills. Marble Zone, Chemical Plant, Hydrocity, Flying Battery, Rusty Ruin, etc. I think of this song as kinda representing that part of my childhood, standing as a leader of sorts for all the level 2s out there. On top of that, the song itself fits with the stone/lava theme quite well.

For True Story - This song didn't really grab my attention as a kid, but recently I've come to appreciate it much more. I admire it mainly because of how dark and intense it sounds, really standing out from the more rock and jazz-styled songs in SA2. This and Supporting Me are some of the best and most unique boss themes in the series. And the Generations remix is awful in my opinion, took all the intensity away.

Crisis City (Classic) - I love this remix, probably my favorite remix in Generations (Chemical Plant Modern is pretty awesome too). It sounds very urgent and....apocalypse....y.....Point is, it's cool, and the distorted guitar sounds are awesome.

E-102 Gamma's Theme - This tune is very calming and emotional. I love me some piano, and a little techno never hurt every now and then. Put 'em together, you got yerself a kick-ass tune for a kick-ass robot. Y'know what, forget it, just put the entirety of SA1's soundtrack as my favorite song.

Central City from Sonic Chronicles - Trololololooo

Oh i should also give a special shout to Super Sonic racing. That song was one of the first sonic songs to me that made me feel like i was sonic. and could go fast. And Cash cash made me feel the same with their remix.:)

I could never narrow it down to one or two favorites - hell, probably not even 10. But here are some that I really enjoy, in no particular order, just picked off the top of my head.

Tricky Maze/Lost World part 1 - SA1 has my favorite soundtrack of any game ever, mainly because it succeeds in having a lot of variety, and the songs just fill me with nostalgia. This song is one of the most beautiful, but it also fills me with a mystical sense of wonder. I beat this game for the first time when I was pretty young, and growing up this was the song (and level) that I remembered the least. Playing it again filled me with a sense of discovery, and the music was fantastic to go along with it.

This song is soo Assassin's creed like. I love that. Assassin's creed and Sonic share one thing in common. Their music is amazing. Always top notch.

This song is soo Assassin's creed like. I love that. Assassin's creed and Sonic share one thing in common. Their music is amazing. Always top notch.

And their main characters voice. Don't forget that!:P
  • Thumbs Up 3