Awoo.

PSI Wind

I've been interested in this game since I heard it was an SRPG, as that's the one genre I wanted to see Pokemon in. You guys in Europe should have a release date around the same time I would believe.

Puplic Relations for the game announces release date for US. It's June 18th, which is one day BEFORE The Last Story.

english04.jpg

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- A creative new entry in the Pokémon family of video games delivers a new way for fans to enjoy this legendary series on the Nintendo DS family of systems. Pokémon Conquest, set to launch on June 18, offers a fun new way to play Pokémon in a unique world called Ransei that is filled with adventure. Developed by TECMO KOEI GAMES Co., Ltd., the 2D game can also be played on the Nintendo 3DS system.

In Pokémon Conquest, players take on the role of a young Warlord who is linked with a Pokémon. Together, they must set out to recruit Warrior allies to strengthen their growing kingdom. Along their journey, players will encounter a variety of Pokémon, as well as Warriors and Warlords inspired by the Japanese feudal era. The game contains nearly 200 Pokémon, including many from the recent Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, which have sold more than 4 million copies combined in the United States.

As the battlefield unfolds in Pokémon Conquest, players must choose the correct Pokémon type to inflict maximum damage on their opponents. In the turn-based skirmishes, players choose different tactics for intense six-on-six battles, and battle conditions can change on every turn, keeping players on their toes in anticipation of what will happen next.

“Pokémon fans are always interested in playing in new environments and experiencing new adventures,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Pokémon Conquest gives them an entirely new way to enjoy this beloved series, with exciting new settings, fierce battles and nearly 200 Pokémon to team up with.”

For more information about Pokémon Conquest, visit www.pokemon.com.

I'm drooling on the chance to get my hands on a black dragon

I can't tell whether or not that was an intended innuendo. Or intenuendo. Nintendo?

Edited by SuperStingray

Finally, a modern Pokémon spin-off that looks way more interesting than the main game. I'd check it out.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm looking forward to this, perhaps the first Pokemon game I buy when it first comes out.

Glad to see it's going to get localized. When the Japanese version was first announced it interested me a little, because all previous Pokemon spinoffs seem really lame and "kiddy" to me. Finally a Pokemon spinoff that isn't too "kiddy"...

but im still not going to get this lol

Yes, <3.

I was concerned that this might not make it over here, but I'm glad that I know it is now. There's quite a few Pokemon I'd love to have on my team, but the one I want most, being Zoroark, you can't catch his earlier form until post-game it seems. So balls.

At least there's Lucario and Treeko though, <3.

• 2 months later...

Pokémon conquest has been announced for European release on 27th July.

Great to see we're not missing out on this. Since is does look really good

The official site has posted the European release date for the game Pokémon Conquest. This game, released last week in America and Marhc in Japan, is due for release in Europe on July 27th. This game features you controlling Warriors of the Ransei region and participating in Pokémon battles with them.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it wrong that I think they should make an anime based off of this game?

Dunno if it's wrong, but I'd actually watch one if they made it. Not very far along yet (they waited for work to go berserk before releasing it), but having a lot of fun so far. Have to remember which Pokes shoot over the critter in front and which shoot through them, though.

• 5 weeks later...

Is it worth updating this topic?

I pre-ordered a copy of Conquest and it arrived today. I knew about the Nobunaga's Ambition series, although I'd never played it before. I assumed it was a separate series to the Samurai Warriors franchise, (and are both published/developed by Koei, I think) which the character designs are clearly based on. Which isn't a bad thing for me, because I adore the Warriors games.

Pokemon Conquest: Oichi

pokemonconquestdsscreen.jpg

Samurai Warriors 3: Oichi

oichisw3art.jpg

So I already know all the characters by name, and will instantly recognize them. Already came across Hideyoshi, and he's still slightly pervy. lol So the characters seem to retain there Warriors personalities also.

Anyway, it's been some time since I last enjoyed a Pokemon game, so this is a breath of fresh air. Plus Oichi is so sweet. ^-^

So, I finished the main story already, but I couldn't manage to reach to rank III with my warrior or to rank II with any other capable of doing so :( .

I was doing some of the alt. stories now.

So, I finished the main story already, but I couldn't manage to reach to rank III with my warrior or to rank II with any other capable of doing so sad.png .

I was doing some of the alt. stories now.

This game should be arriving through my letterbox sometime this week, and I can't believe how excited I am to get to play a new Pokemon game - or a new DS game, for that matter. I adored Pokemon White for being a breath of fresh air but even so I couldn't shake the feeling that it was still the same thing as before but with a new coat of paint. This, on the other hand, looks positively ingenious and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It'll tide me over nicely until Pokemon White 2 comes out in October, with any luck. I just hope I don't enjoy the Conquest battle system too much, or else I might have a hard time going back to the regular one in White 2 laugh.png

This looks really good, but I've never really played any RTS games, certainly not ones like Nobunaga's Ambition. Still, it's got Pokemon in it. Might have to check it out. =3 Glad it was released in Europe!

You can't evolve anyone else until you beat both the main story and all alternate stories (Excluding the Wi-Fi ones) anyways

Actually, after I completed the main story, I then completed the Mitsunari and Kiyomasa stories. Then started playing the Hideyoshi story, and during it, Hideyoshi, Motonari, Yoshihiro and Yoshimoto all transformed to Rank II. I don't know if I did anything specific to achieve that, but I always try to use a Warlord character for every battle, because they grow stronger, faster than warriors. (I think)

When I manage to recruit a large number of Warlords, I often have six of them in the same area to easily charge the enemy. And swiftly repel them.

Edited by DanimeJ87