Awoo.

PSI Wind

Slightly late to the party, but I'm incredibly excited for this. An INTERESTING Pokémon spin-off at last. Can't wait.

Damn it I just want my Ruby and Sapphire remakes for 3DS

This is perfect. I’ve been wanting to play Pokemon for a while now but I won’t let myself because I know no matter what generation I play, I’ll just get bored halfway through. This seems like a great way to quench my thirst while at the same time offering something new and interesting. Hopefully after playing this I’ll be ready for Gray and R/S remakes.

Interesting. So this game doesn't take place in feudal Japan, but an equivalent called Ranse, with alternate versions of historical figures. Eh, can't really complain. Oda Nobunaga is still Oda Nobunaga.

And unless the actual character turns up. I think the male player character seems to be based off Date Masamune.

Has it been mentioned that the 17 castles correspond with the 17 types of pokemon

Which means that we'll basically be having twice as many gyms as usual

Also we know a couple of the leaders:

Normal - You (Eevee)

Fire or Fighting - Infernape Guy

Ice - Articuno Guy

Ground - Groudon Guy

Psychic - Mewtwo Guy

Poison - Arbok Lady (She's in the trailer, the lady with horns/fangs on her head, though its just speculation for the time being)

and Electric or Dragon - Nobunga (Zekrom Guy)

Nice to see another Pokemon crossover (I, for one, am a fan of the Super Smash Bros. games).

If this game comes out in the west (America in particular since I live there), I hope to play it when it comes out.

Just got finished watching the trailer. The gameplay is interesting. I'm expecting Pokemon Sunday in Japan to have more revelations on the game overtime.

I'm surprised this got a regular DS release though and not a 3DS one since that's what Nintendo has been focusing on lately when it comes to their handheld department. One of the last major if not the last major release for regular DS?

Nice to see another Pokemon crossover (I, for one, am a fan of the Super Smash Bros. games).

If this game comes out in the west (America in particular since I live there), I hope to play it when it comes out.

"Ditto" here. Then again, I also love Strategy RPGs so that is another reason for me to want to play this game, as long as it DOES get a US release.

Besides, I think I'm in love with Akechi Mitsuhude (the dude with the Articuno) <3

You know whats weird? This game is set in ancient times but it features Mewtwo, a pokemon created in a lab.

You know whats weird? This game is set in ancient times but it features Mewtwo, a pokemon created in a lab.

Time Travel! Duh.

Again, Time Travel...ugh.

I'm surprised this got a regular DS release though and not a 3DS one since that's what Nintendo has been focusing on lately when it comes to their handheld department. One of the last major if not the last major release for regular DS?

It's because Koei is developing the game and they already have the engine on the DS as they've already made a Nobunaga game on it, making it more easier and take less time to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
CoroCoro scans are starting to come off of various online sources. The first of these scans confirm that the battles you have are in the 6 VS 6 battles, using 1 Pokémon per trainer, but with multiple trainers in each area. Once you defeat the leaders of each of the 17 castles, you take the castle for yourself. You make new Pokémon friends and befriend the leaders by increasing your strength. You also have the ability to battle with friends across the Nintendo WiFi Connection and wireless play

We'll bring more, including larger images, when they come. The release date is also confirmed to be March 17th 2012 and will retail at 5,800 Yen.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

17 Castle, 17 types. Seems appropriate.

Sounds neat, and the release date is surprisingly close.

Also, boxart:

box.jpg

Edited by Icy Wind

Well, that's the Japanese release date though, isn't it?

Yeah. There's no word on an international release yet, is there? I hope it gets one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that's the Japanese release date though, isn't it?

That was taking the Japanese release date into consideration. If I remember right, the recent Pokemon games got their first showing on CoroCoro about 4-5 months before the games were released in Japan; this one is 2 months away, however. Just seemed strange.

Yeah. There's no word on an international release yet, is there? I hope it gets one.

No word on it yet; the first showings of the games on CoroCoro don't provide an international release date, tentative or not.

If this game doesn't get a international release, I will start a petition to make it come to the states!

Haha...Nobody finds me funny do they...But seriously. I do hope it does.

If this game doesn't get a international release, I will start a petition to make it come to the states!

Haha...Nobody finds me funny do they...But seriously. I do hope it does.

And if it doesn't, we can always get someone to translate it via a translation patch :U

• 2 months later...

So Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition came out two days ago, and coverage is being taken on Serebii.

There are around 199 Pokémon and 200 different Bushous (essentially trainers) to encounter and befriend within the game

There is a Pokédex style system which registers each of these Pokémon and Bushou.

Once you claim the city, the areas within it open up for you to find the Pokémon and Bushou

Passwords are locked until you have defeated the area

Each city has the ability of having up to six Bushou assigned to it. These can be changed at will

The amount of Bushou and Pokémon you can befriend depends upon how many cities of which you are in control

Each Pokémon can only have one possible move rather than a selection. Abilities make a return within the game with similar effects to the main games

Edit: We also have a list of the first 10 area names and will be creating Area pages shortly

Hajime Nation - (Hajime Nation) - ハジメ

Flame Nation - (Kaen Nation) - カエン

Fist Nation - (Kobushi Nation) - コブシ

Earth Nation - (Daichi Nation) - ダイチ

Plant Nation - (Aoba Nation) - アオバ

Spring Nation - (Izumi Nation) - イズミ

Pupa Nation - (Sanagi Nation) - サナギ

Tram Nation - (Shiden Nation) - シデン

Wing Nation - (Tsubasa Nation) - ツバサ

Dragon Nation - (Ryu Nation) - リュウ

Gem Nation - (Gem Nation) - ゲンム

Pointy Rock Nation - (Kigan Nation) - キガン

Poison Fang Nation - (Dokuga Nation) - ドクガ

Shadow Nation - (Yasha Nation) - ヤシャ

Edit: As you get into the game, you first get attacked by Hideyoshi's squad in the Hajime nation. Defeat them and you gain access to the nation areas where you can raise your Pokémon in battle against wild Pokémon. After that, you have the opportunity to go to the Flame Nation to bring the battle to Hideyoshi. Once beaten, Keiji will appear.

Edit @ 19:53: Each of the various areas within each nation can increase in level as time goes on allowing for stronger opponents to arrive. Edit @ 20;34: After obtaining the Spring, Flame & Plant nations, three more nations open up, the Fist, Tram and Pupa nations. You also learn about Nobunaga's role in leading the region

Edit @ 21:49; Once you have defeated the Fist, Tram and Pupa nations, you unlock the Earth Nation and the Gem Nation

Edit @ 22:35: Created a preliminary Area Listing which will be continually updated over the next few days

Edit @ 00:43: Defeating either Gem Nation or Earth Nation will get you both nations and both trainers Kenshin and Shingen. This then unlocks four new areas; Wing Nation, PointyRock Nation, Poison Fang Nation and Shadow Nation. There is a tree in some areas that boosts up the power of your Bushou

• 3 weeks later...

Nice choice of name. Definitely hope it gets a release over here. It's the one Pokémon spin-off since XD that looks interesting.

I'd just about given up on this being localized, so that's great news. I'll definitely be picking it up as soon as I can; the Pokémon franchise has a lot of potential for spin-offs, so I'm happy to support any that are actually good.

Nice! Wasn't expecting this one to be localized so soon (Or at all), so this is a nice surprise! Conquest is a really cool name for it. smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

If I'm not mistaken, there was a shiny rayquaza distribution event for black/white in japan thanks to this game.

If this game is coming to North America, then I'm drooling on the chance to get my hands on a black dragon

• Thumbs Up 2