Awoo.

PSI Wind

>Implying you aren't in love with Purin-chan already

purinchan.png

Why don't you have a waifu yet, SSMB?

*cough* Anyway, kinda disappointed that the humans aren't the Pokemon from what I thought during my initial reaction. That would have been a neat twist for a new side-game series. Was also kinda hoping 2011 would be the last year I would get a DS game. :U

• Thumbs Up 4

*cough* Anyway, kinda disappointed that the humans aren't the Pokemon from what I thought during my initial reaction. That would have been a neat twist for a new side-game series. Was also kinda hoping 2011 would be the last year I would get a DS game. :U

I wouldn't really call it new or 'a neat twist'... isn't that the base of the mystery dungeon games?

I wouldn't really call it new or 'a neat twist'... isn't that the base of the mystery dungeon games?

I only know a handful of info about the first pair of MD games, but the only "human" character was the player him/herself, so I assume that's the same for it's sequels.

I was speaking in terms of aesthetics; Seeing hundreds of human caricatures battle it out feudal Japanese-style rather than the monster designs we're so used to seeing.

Edited by Rickrimbo

So this takes place in the Feudal Era? Mewtwo was a recent genetic experiment. What the how the what. Sure, you could pull the "crossovers? logic? what's that?" argument but still~

Don't know much more to say, besides saying that the Pokemon and humans alike are much cooler in this style.

Edited by Azublitzen

Solution: The world of Pokemon as we know it actually takes place eons before feudal Japan. They are the ancestors of the citizens of this new world, their technological innovations were lost to the memory of time, and one-of-a-kind legendary Pokemon such as Zekrom and Mewtwo are merely immortal beings that watched the years go by.

Or Solution 2: Mewtwo pissed off Dialga or Celebi at a party and they're getting payback.

Someone should write either scenario.

Edited by Icy Wind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm, to be honest, I'm kinda torn on what to think of this. On the one hand, it looks pretty awesome, so I really want to give this game a try. On the other hand... I've never been very decent at Strategy RPG's, so there's that possibility that I just might quit playing out of sheer frustration. I'll just wait until more info is released to see if I should get this.

I'm not the biggest strategy game fan, but I'd love this. I hope it is brought to the west. But why not 3DS?

But who cares, I saw Charmander!

Edited by Christmas MaRCELLOF

I'll just quote my Facebook status:

"Making a Nobunaga's Ambition game with Pokémon isn't any different from when they started putting Pokémon into Mystery Dungeon games. I'm just wondering - will this replace the Mystery Dungeon series?"

What is this.... I don't even... This looks amazing! And a game where the protagonists aren't kids for once? SOLD!!

Gameplay doesn't look that interesting me, so I might have to pass this one over. But the idea of bringing Pokemon to feudal Japan interests me- it's cool to see some history in the Pokemon universe.

Even so, I've kind of lost interest in Pokemon altogether after Diamond and Pearl, but I wouldn't hesitate a second to get back into it if Nintendo makes a Pokemon Snap sequel.

Seriously Nintendo, the Wii U is jut BEGGING for it.

That's a bizarre crossover! Well, if it is anything like the FFT games, then I'm probably sold on this one since I like those, and it'll be a new Pokemon game I've bought in a long while. Now if only they crossover Pokemon with Disgaea or Makai Kingdom.......

Edited by AdventChild

I'm indifferent to this game, but that would change if I find out that it uses Sceptile/Feraligatr in it.

next ting u no dis is liek teh prequl of all pokeyman gaemz

mew2 tiemtravlr!</geniustheoryisbetterthanyours>

I joke, I know it's a crossover title. :v

This is so strange though, but it looks insanely awesome. o_o Never expected this!

Thought they would announce Pokémon Grey...

Edited by BlizzardJeffhog

So basically this game is Pokemon - Sengoku Style on crack I guess. I wonder if the Incident at Honnō-ji will come up because that would be awesome.

As a fan of Pokémon since ever I really dislike this, other crossovers would be way better like Pokémon x Monster Hunter or the long life fan requested Pokémon x Digimon.

Edited by Tmsp

I dunno; I think I prefer this idea over something like Pokemon vs. Digimon or Pokemon vs. Megaten. I tend to like crossovers better when the two series involved clash as much as possible, and I find it hard to imagine any attempt to include two franchises' worth of monsters in a single game working out very well.

More screenshots and info:

control.jpg

jigglypuffcombat.jpg

Edit @ 03:03; More details have come in from the official site and will be added here as we translate them. At the moment, all we have are character names;

Like the main games, you can select either a male or female heroine. They both start with Eevee

Nobunaga is the main warlord who has Zekrom as his partner

Oichi is a character who helps you in the game, paired with Jigglypuff

Mitsuhude is a character teamed with Articuno

Shingen is a character teamed with Groudon

Kenshin is a character teamed with Mewtwo

More information is promised in January, indicating it'll be in CoroCoro and possibly be the game CoroCoro revealed

Edit @ 03:24; 13 New Screenshots from gameplay added. This shows that the gameplay zooms in when combat is in effect, and you can move your Pokémon across the area by grabbing them

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

It's funny how games like these make me much more interested in the franchise than the main games.

Now if they make a full season anime of this, I'll be in heaven. Sengoku era fantasies are awesome and Nobunaga's story was quite fascinating.

Also, where's the historical figure with a Lucario? D:<