Awoo.

Why Sonic shouldn't listen to his fans.

Blacklightning

I don't think listening to fans is inherently bad. The problem is they have no vision of their own at all for the franchise. I see no problem having a GOOD vision they are dedicated to, then upon seeing a fan suggestion that actually fits that vision without messing it up and actually improves/adds something of value to it, consider using that fan suggestion.

But since Sonic Team has no real vision, they are just randomly taking every crap suggestion from the fandom whenever they see it fit. "These fans want a lighthearted game, so we'll make this game super comedic! Those fans wanted a more serious tone, so we'll make the next game more serious! That group of fans wanted classic Sonic, so we'll make him literally part of the latest game! That other group of fans wanted their fan characters to be in the game, so let's make that a thing!"

On 3/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, Marco9966 said:

This topic is 10 years old and it's still very relevant now

If Sega didn't listen to fans we wouldn't have gotten the best Sonic game since the Genesis days. Sega today aren't even listening to the fans anymore with the modern games more so taking basic ideas and suggestions and completely getting the execution wrong a la Sonic Forces it's darker story. It just goes back to Sonic Team being bad at their job so I wouldn't lay to much of the blame at the feet of the fans for their incompetence 

• Thumbs Up 1