Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

• 2 weeks later...

New french dubbed épisodes of Fairy Tail have started to air on Game One. (After the Grand Inter-magic Games; that's what they called in the french version) And so, a brand new arc started...

THE ZODIAC SPIRITS HAVE CHANGED APPEARANCE, FORGET THEIR PAST WITH LUCY, AND TURN HEEL?! I DEMAND ANSWERS NOW!

Also, Léo/Loki now wear a gold armor... I wonder if its a hommage to Saint Seiya.

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

A bit of a grey spot here guys, but does Vocaloids count as anime/manga ?

No. While the characters representing them are very much animu in design, they're still sound editing programs.

People just use them and make anime things with it. Its kind of the same logic as Touhou as that's a game and not an anime.

No. While the characters representing them are very much animu in design, they're still sound editing programs.

People just use them and make anime things with it. Its kind of the same logic as Touhou as that's a game and not an anime.

Well that clears things up, I'm really sick of people thinking that i'm an Otaku while i'm looking up on IA fanart.

Well...Miku has a manga. Guess that sorta counts.

You'd think they'd at least adapt that into an anime.

Is Your Lie in April any good? I got an email from Patrick Seitz saying that he bumped into Chopin's music through that again, as he is directing the dub.

Anyone know any slice-of-life shows I might like besides Aria, Azumanga Daioh and Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth?

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd think they'd at least adapt that into an anime.

It's a fan manga. Yes, a fan manga by the designer of Miku, but still in an unofficial position. Official policy is similar to ZUN refusing to do a Touhou anime- the more official material there is defining how the characters are, the more it's limiting the fandom's interpretations.

Eh!? I don't remember any tentacle scene in SAO? I must've missed that episode somehow.

Speaking of anime's that take place in a game world.....

latest?cb=20150809004700

What's people's expectations on the upcoming Phantasy Star Online 2 anime? I'm already a little sadden that it's another one of those High school real world to virtual world things like .hack and SAO already done rather than the anime taking place directly in the PSO world. From what I've heard the story is gonna be different from the game as well through I'm sure Dark Falz will still be present somewhere.

Io and Lisa better be in the show too.

As for Miku, the closest it felt to a Miku anime was Sega Hard Girls, only cause the same artist behind Miku did the designs for the Sega Goddesses.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

It's a fan manga. Yes, a fan manga by the designer of Miku, but still in an unofficial position. Official policy is similar to ZUN refusing to do a Touhou anime- the more official material there is defining how the characters are, the more it's limiting the fandom's interpretations.

Well, you'd think Crypton or whoever owns the rights would make SOME kind of Vocaloid anime. it's basically a money-printer.

I honestly think they're being smarter in not doing it. They sell vocaloids on "these are you, you define Hatsune Miku", anything that goes against that risks cutting on the product long term.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is Your Lie in April any good? I got an email from Patrick Seitz saying that he bumped into Chopin's music through that again, as he is directing the dub.

Anyone know any slice-of-life shows I might like besides Aria, Azumanga Daioh and Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth?

I enjoyed Your Lie in April a lot.  Definitely one of the better anime I've seen in recent years.

I keep on watching anime each season, but I feel less and less inclined to try and review them.  Last season in particular I thought was a mess of good premises with terrible execution.  This season has its own highs and lows; I'm enjoying The Perfect Insider and Beautiful Bones (though the latter is a slow burn), and One Punch Man appears to be living the hype, but the new Gundam just gets worse and worse.

It is good. I enjoyed it at least.

I especially like the Anime Concrete Revolutio. Ive basically gotten used to its Past and Future swaps as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so, new naruto manga:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-19/naruto-franchise-gets-new-boruto-manga-supervised-by-masashi-kishimoto/.96700

facts:
~It will be out in spring 2016 starting as a 1-shot then moving onto a monthly series.
~Mikio Ikemoto, who worked as an assistant under Masashi Kishimoto on Naruto, is drawing the new manga. Kishimoto will supervise the manga, and Ukyō Kodachi, a rather new understudy whos worked on Naruto material for the last year, will write the manga's script.
~The story will focus on Boruto much like how Gaiden and the Boruto movie have been.
~Sarada looks like a slut now.

Also, Itachi is either getting a new TV special or movie:
tumblr_nzlennrVRd1tzyls4o1_1280.jpg

Edited by goku262002

Watching shows about action, adventure, depression and stuff like that... I thought it was about time I watched an anime that had none of that. Just a peaceful show where it just leaves a warm feeling inside, you know?

So I stumbled upon Hidamari Sketch. Yeah, it's an old show that doesn't have much relavance anymore, but where has this been all my life?

For anyone who hasn't watched one punch man, I really recommend you watch it. Seriously, go now and watch it, your eyes will thank you for the rest of your life (god bless this anime for being so amazing, now to hope for a second season).

• Thumbs Up 2

For anyone who hasn't watched one punch man, I really recommend you watch it. Seriously, go now and watch it, your eyes will thank you for the rest of your life (god bless this anime for being so amazing, now to hope for a second season).

I've been hearing some good things about that anime, so it looks like I'll be watching that tonight.

Edit: Just got finished watching the first episode and I'm already hooked. It looks like I'll be bingle watching this over the next day or two.

Edited by Kevin

http://www.gurren-lagann-ps.jp/

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gurren_Project/status/678837621238312960?p=v

WAIT, WHAT, WHO, WHEN?!

Edit: According to a Gaming Live web-caster, Konami name is on the page, though for some reason, its not appearing for me... (I'm on my WiiU):

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshtonIIDX/status/678907111728947200?p=v

Translation: I'm really excited, but the Konami on the bottom of the page worries me a little...

Edited by Nexthehedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1