Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

My friend recomended me Sword Art Online, and I decided to give it a go, since I've finished DRRR! (new season January 2016!) and I heard it's pretty famous-ish. And I'm liking it so far (episode 8)! The plot reminded me (a little) of Dungeons & Dragons, one of my childhood favorites. I thought it's pretty light, with space for action, comedy and romance too.

Besides SAO, I also saw 3 episodes of Another, it's okay I guess, I might finish it since it only has 12 episodes.

Oh, and there's Naruto and its endless fillers. I wouldn't mind if they were actually good, but good Lord, they suck. I know the last 3 episodes were tales from Jiraya's novel, but goddamnit, you can't write Hidan from Akatsuki being defeated by Naruto like that, lol Jiraya. I think I might drop it untill the cannon returns...

Edited by Jango

Another is probably the most up-my-street anime I've ever seen; anime so rarely does mystery suspense horror, and it was an experience I enjoyed tremendously and which hasn't really been topped since.

I have not seen Sword Art Online, so I am curious as to what kinds of controversial things come up.

If it's exactly like Koi Kaze, that does not sound too bad. Or are we talking like political, explicit cruelty or dubbing controversy?

Anyways, anyone suggest Umi Monogatari, The World is Still Beautiful or A Lull in the Sea?

I have not seen Sword Art Online, so I am curious as to what kinds of controversial things come up.

If it's exactly like Koi Kaze, that does not sound too bad. Or are we talking like political, explicit cruelty or dubbing controversy?

not controversial as in anything specific like those...well the dub kinda sucks, but that's another discussion.

More like just dumb stuff that basically had no point in being there and pretty much kills the entire mood of the show, To put it in some perspective:the second arc has a cousin romance subplot, some questionable adult-child implications, and some sensual tear-licking.

Nothing too off-putting, just completely fuckin' stupid.

Also throwing in a Log Horizon recommendation for Jango. It's a bit similar to Overlord in some senses, but yeah it does the MMO thing tons better than SAO.

Anyways, anyone suggest...The World is Still Beautiful or A Lull in the Sea?

1444606259808.jpg

Both of those are fucking fantastic shows.

I actually own the Blu-Ray boxset for Nagi-Asu/A Lull in the Sea. Cost me $135 dollars and my parents being kinda pissed at me for a bit but it was worth every damn penny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Talent agency 81 Produce announced on Monday that voice actress and singer Miyu Matsuki passed away on October 27 due to an illness. She was 38.

Matsuki had announced in July that she would be taking a break from her work to focus on treating her pneumonia. She said at the time that she had a fever since the start of the year that wouldn't recede, and then found out she had acute pneumonia after repeatedly going to the hospital for check-ups.

In May, GA Bunko announced that Matsuki would play Charlotte Dimandias in the upcoming anime for Jun Misaki's light novel series Hundred. The anime's format or premiere date has not yet been announced.

Some of her roles in anime include Kū-ko in Nyaruko: Crawling with Love!, Isumi Saginomiya in Hayate the Combat Butler, Magical Sapphire in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, and most recently as Anna Nishikinomiya in SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist. She also performed theme songs for Love Love?, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei, and Nyaruko: Crawling with Love!.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-01/voice-actress-miyu-matsuki-passes-away/.94904

:(

I've finished the first arc of SAO, and oh boy:

Fucking what. For something that initially had the premise of being an action-adventure anime, it turned drama for the most part of it... I thought that the idea of "floors" was very good, but this aspect is explored nowhere as much, if at all. At the beggining is said that each floor has a boss/monster you have to defeat in order to advance, but we only see that twice at best. In one episode Kirito is at floor 20, the next he's at 70. Oh boy, them there's the part where he and Asuna start a family (aren't both like on their 14-15?). Well, it was cute sure, but most of the anime was that untill the most obvious plot-twist I've ever seem and the questionable ending. Well, great, Kirito won, but Asuna is now trapped inside... another game! That doesn't have anything to do with swords! (I also thought that a MMORPG with focus on sword fighting was awesome). Sigh. I'll keep watching it just because.

Okay, folks, it's time for another round of What to Recommend Lime.

This time, it has to be officially licensed in the US. Whether it is in or out of print, does not matter.

You don't need to have these all together, but some basic ideas.

Looking for adventure or shoujo.

If it hints at a character having a mental handicap (like in Key the Metal Idol, Key could not understand idioms, had no common sense and could read emotions clearly), that works too.

I am a total sucker for cheesy romances.

If there are any shounen-actions that are not too long, I would like creative ways to beat the bad guy, instead of just powering up. (Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and the original 1972-1974 Science Ninja Team Gatchaman are great examples)

Lastly, psychological horrors like Vampire Princess: Miyu, Hell Girl,  (to an extent) 3x3 Eyes and Le Portrait De Petit Cossette might also be fun.

I have a niece now, so ecchi and uber-violent shows will have to take a backseat.

If I was sure you haven't seen it already I would recommend Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Kuzu plz. SAO is a wonderful work of art.

Anyway, I am super excited to say that this season has got to be the most wonderful anime season I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. I mean we've got.... One Punch Man... we've got Noragami... we've got.... One Punch Man. *sulks*

I might be a temporary weaboo and get that imported Francesca box set. Just because of Ms. Yui Makino (whom I have met once).

*goes into long series of comically over-the-top poetry of how awesome her piano-playing and voice is*

Anyway, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-01/voice-actress-miyu-matsuki-passes-away/.94904 :( Even younger than Tomoko Kawakami...

Yeah, you warned me. And I'm still watching! Starting the new arc now. Apparently there is sword fighting in Alfhein, cool. Aaaaand Kirito is already OP as fuck, the hell?

Man I remember group watching SAO with ToonamiGAF, they made that show fun!

R U THA REAL DEEL?! is still used in discussions.

Anyway, I am super excited to say that this season has got to be the most wonderful anime season I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. I mean we've got.... One Punch Man... we've got Noragami... we've got.... One Punch Man. *sulks*

Haikyuu has been great so far. That latest episode, daaammmnn ;-; my feels

Just wait for Winter...nothing has caught my interest at the moment... :/ Maybe I´m getting tired of this lol

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2016/tv

Edited by Ristar

Wha.. what the fuck am I watching. .?! I've seem enough hentai to know where this is going! Oh God, what the hell happened? It gets worse?

Edit: I should've listened.

Finished the whole thing.

Sword Art Online? More like Wasted Potential Online. How do they screwed this so badly? It had potential, it had good characters, it had a good premise, but they managed to screw it. Let's see: Characters introduced to serve no real purpose, good characters never used (Agil), main character win every battle by the power of protagonism, terrible sup-plot steals the spot light, and a story that condracts itself constantly, or is at least, really hard to swallow ("-I forgot why I did that"). One that comes to mind is the final battle between Kirito and Oberon. Kirito gains GM privileges to win the fight. As if it wasn't enough, he drops Oberon's level to 1, making him loose his powers, magics and skills. But right when Kirito started playing ALO, Leafa said that there is no level in the game... Speaking of Oberon, what a sick bastard (and I thought Ragyo was creepy). When he tried to stab Kirito IRL, I swear I've lost it. Then there's Leafa-Suguha... Man, poor Recon, seriously. The whole incest stuff didn't benefit anyone... it shouldn't have happened. But above all: the tentacle scene. WHY THAT SCENE EVEN EXISTS? I thought I was done with weird shit, then comes the part with all the licking and I couldn't take it anymore, but I've finished. Never. Fucking. Again. This is a bad anime.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 5

Could always try .hack//sign as well, though I've heard mixed things about that anime, albeit not to the same extent of SAO. Cannot vouch as I have never seen. 

Wha.. what the fuck am I watching. .?! I've seem enough hentai to know where this is going! Oh God, what the hell happened? It gets worse?

Edit: I should've listened.

Finished the whole thing.

Hidden Content

Sooo, i supposed you will not even give the chance to the sequel: "Phantom Bullet"?

Sooo, i supposed you will not even give the chance to the sequel: "Phantom Bullet"?

I'm almost half tempted to recommend Jango SAO2/Phantom Bullet as you've called it here (as a note, that's only a title of the first arc), because while the Phantom Bullet/GGO arc, while not as bad as ALO (2nd arc of SAO1), was pretty eh, Mother's Rosario, the arc that comes after (there is a brief 3 episode filler arc in between Rosario and GGO), is actually pretty good and probably SAO's strongest arc, so it might be worth it for that. I don't know. 

Yeah, I've watched the movie and it's basically 1 hour and a half of recaps, and 10 minutes of pretty bland new content. I might check out SAO II once I recover.