Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

According to ANN, Masashi Kishimoto is coming to New York City in the first third of October for events at the Kinokuniya bookstore and NYCC, believe it!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-06/rage-of-bahamut-genesis-anime-gets-2nd-season/.87869

The staff of the Rage of Bahamut Genesis television anime announced at the Rage of Bahamut Genesis orchestra concert event on Wednesday that production on a second season of the anime has been green-lit.

Funimation, who has licensed the anime for streaming, describes the story:

Two thousand years ago, the black-and-silver-winged dragon, Bahamut, terrorized the magical land of Mistarcia. The humans, god, and demons that inhabited the land united forces against the fiend and sealed its power into a key which was split in two, one half protected by gods and the other protected by demons. Now, Mistarcia is a peaceful realm – until a human woman steals the god's half of the key.

The Rage of Bahamut Genesis television anime is inspired by Cygames' Rage of Bahamut mobile game. It premiered last October, and Funimation streamed the series as it aired.

Really happy about this. The original Rage Of Bahamunt was in my Top 5 animes of last year, and I hope they don't mess up this sequel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeeeessssss I loved Bahamut as well <3 

I am so glad they are doing a second season, never thought they´d do it, considering the BD sales of the first season were pretty average, I think...

Yeeeessssss I loved Bahamut as well <3 

I am so glad they are doing a second season, never thought they´d do a second one when the BD sales of the first season were pretty average, I think...

Always have faith in Based Mappa, they are former Madhouse members after all. 

If you'll excuse me, my inner child is screaming.

And by inner child, I just mean myself.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-06/rage-of-bahamut-genesis-anime-gets-2nd-season/.87869

Really happy about this. The original Rage Of Bahamunt was in my Top 5 animes of last year, and I hope they don't mess up this sequel. 

The original Bahamut had an absolutely incredible five or so episodes before suddenly descending into mediocrity in the space of like a single episode, before kind of managing to bring it back at the end. Hopefully this one manages to stay great throughout.

You thought that? Huh, I liked it throughout. I guess you could say it could have gone in a more interesting direction though. But I like what we got anyway. And I guess you could say the middle part was the weakest, but I think it ended good. 

Does anyone here know any fantasy mecha shows besides Rahxephon, Rayearth and Escaflowne?

Does anyone here know any fantasy mecha shows besides Rahxephon, Rayearth and Escaflowne?

I'm not 100 percent sure since I haven't seen but I think Broken/Break Blade counts as that. 

I was listening to a documentary on my Gatchaman (the show that inspired Super Sentai/Power Rangers and Sailor Moon's "super heroes in themed costumes fight the monster of the week" idea among others) DVD's and this might interest some of you who are interested in hand-drawn animation. Back when they were doing the original series in the earlier half of the 1970's, completing a single episode took 3 months or so. Seeing as the original Gatchaman ran for 105 episodes, one can only imagine how many people wound up with sore hands with all the scripts and drawing. It makes one think that even if anime back then didn't look as good as it did in later years, the long process might have been a strain on budgets.

lmfao today's Oregairu was hilarious

Shame Commie didn't CAPITALIZE all the KATAKANA WORDS, but there was still plenty of SYNERGY with Tamanawa's CORPORATE BUZZWORDS and his ERRATIC HAND GESTURES, so I guess it was still a WIN-WIN SITUATION for everybody involved.

Okay so I'm really enjoying this season. more passing thoughts:

Seraph of the End: Nothing special but highly entertaining. WIT Studio is doing damn good this year, with Rolling Girls finished and now this.

My Love Story/Ore Monogatari: I thought that Disappearance of Nagato would be the only gushy fluffly shit I'd watch this season, but holy hell, this show is just...diabetes as fuck, man. Almost too sweet for me. Love it.

Plastic Memories: Hella strong First episode. Kinda dips a bit but then gets a lot better. Some of the same romcom anime humor you see in a lot of stuff, but I enjoy it because the characters are for the most part charming.

Ninja Slayer: I REALLY wanted to like this one...but I just can't. Despite the episodeds only being 12 minutes in length, watching the episodes feels like it takes forever. I've seen Inferno Cop, and I dig Inferno Cop, but the Inferno Cop angle pretty much only works when it's as stupid and silly as Inferno Cop. This just comes off as...really damn boring to be honest. Hell, I at least got some enjoyment off of Inou Battle... So far the only show I've dropped this season.

Re-Kan!: Pretty good premise, nothing too special, but it's alright. Not my favorite thing to watch but I still get some enjoyment off of it.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Show is shit but girls are cute.

So far this has been an overall damn good season. Really happy with how things are turning out.

I assume Hestia is nothing but eye candy?

Pretty much. She's cute but that's all she has going for her.

I miss the days when we could have cute that wasn't over-the-top erotic. It is rare these days.

Anyways, is Amagi Brilliant Park enjoyable overall? For some reason, just watching the first episode made me sad.

Both Love Live!'s Eri Ayase and Rin Hoshizora have found themselves elected PR girls, for Amazon Japan and Sega, respectively. Rin took her post last year and appeared in a Love Live! x Sega and AG Square campaign and with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sega is currently holding a vote for which video game series Rin should promote next. Voting opened on April 25 and will continue until May 31. The intermediate results have the Puyo Puyo puzzle game series in first place, followed by the Yakuza series, and Chain Chronicle. 

Okay so I'm really enjoying this season. more passing thoughts:

Seraph of the End: Nothing special but highly entertaining. WIT Studio is doing damn good this year, with Rolling Girls finished and now this.

My Love Story/Ore Monogatari: I thought that Disappearance of Nagato would be the only gushy fluffly shit I'd watch this season, but holy hell, this show is just...diabetes as fuck, man. Almost too sweet for me. Love it.

Plastic Memories: Hella strong First episode. Kinda dips a bit but then gets a lot better. Some of the same romcom anime humor you see in a lot of stuff, but I enjoy it because the characters are for the most part charming.

Ninja Slayer: I REALLY wanted to like this one...but I just can't. Despite the episodeds only being 12 minutes in length, watching the episodes feels like it takes forever. I've seen Inferno Cop, and I dig Inferno Cop, but the Inferno Cop angle pretty much only works when it's as stupid and silly as Inferno Cop. This just comes off as...really damn boring to be honest. Hell, I at least got some enjoyment off of Inou Battle... So far the only show I've dropped this season.

Re-Kan!: Pretty good premise, nothing too special, but it's alright. Not my favorite thing to watch but I still get some enjoyment off of it.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Show is shit but girls are cute.

So far this has been an overall damn good season. Really happy with how things are turning out.

To be honest, I thought Seraph would be better...instead I got a somewhat generic Shonen. But yea, its entertaining. This is the first time I have followed so many series in one season, ususally its 2-3 for me. 

Shougeki no Soma: Its like a benign Toriko, but the food is pretty orgasmic to watch. The character designs are also pretty pleasant. Other than that, its Shonen Jump, you should know what to expect.

Danmachi(the show with Hestia :V): Honestly, I was expect a generic harem series like every other LN adaptation these days. While, it still has those elements, its surprisingly light on them. It focuses more on the character's relationships, but not necessarily the romantic ones. Its more built on general trust and concern for one another, you don't see that much in these types of adaptations. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that not a lot is actually happening in terms of plot and action.

Seraph: Already said my thoughts in the first parahgraph.

Kekkei Sensen: I've only watched two episodes, but it looks extremely interesting. Probably gonna be my AOTS.

Other shows I'm watching or kinda remnants from previous seasons, Jojo and Fate/Stay Night, so I don't have much to say on those.

Bruh, get caught up on Kekkai Sensen. It's like the Death Parade this season, it's super good. 

tumblr_inline_nbvkjaN7nP1rf7854.jpgtumblr_inline_nbvltwbUgZ1rf7854.jpg

tumblr_inline_nbvkjrwxEZ1rf7854.jpgtumblr_inline_nbva1c2MlF1rf7854.jpg

tumblr_inline_nbvlzs3gG01rf7854.jpg

This is so funny

Everyone please read Monthly Girl's Nozaki Kun. It's a slice of life 4koma but a really fucking funny one.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_inline_nbvkjaN7nP1rf7854.jpgtumblr_inline_nbvltwbUgZ1rf7854.jpg

tumblr_inline_nbvkjrwxEZ1rf7854.jpgtumblr_inline_nbva1c2MlF1rf7854.jpg

tumblr_inline_nbvlzs3gG01rf7854.jpg

This is so funny

Everyone please read Monthly Girl's Nozaki Kun. It's a slice of life 4koma but a really fucking funny one.

The Sanrio character Cinnamon has his own Twitter account, @cinnamon_Sanrio, which he uses to keep his fans updated on his important activities.

Unfortunately, some of his followers don't seem to appreciate Sanrio's signature cute and fluffy style, and have responded with rude or inappropriate comments. @homenori_s wrote "Shut up, it's college time, you baldy," to the May tweet. "That train's gonna derail," wrote @0319Arararara about the train tweet. @play0ffline wrote "So Cinnamon also eats animal intestines stuffed with ground meat" in response to the camping tweet.

By now the comments have escalated to bullying. In response to the above post, people have tweeted things like "Giant erasers don't roll," "Break your neck and die," "You're shaking the ground, die" and "Fall from the grown-ups' floor and die." (It is common in Japanese bullying to end sentences with "die.")

On May 11, Sanrio finally took action, blocking over 200 accounts and sending this tweet:

Chiffon: Good morning! I'm here to greet you in place of Cinnamon, who only wants to come out halfway. I protect Cinnamon, so gently protect all your friends too!

So far this has only inflamed the bulliers. @Unestablished_ wrote "Come out by yourself, you scum." ”Don't coddle Cinnamon. You're nothing but a fatty. Come on out and face us yourself! Relying on other is the worst," tweeted @CARIGANE. "You're not 'Chiffon,' I'm changing your name to 'Poop Ears.' Don't talk anymore, Poop Ears," posted @matsukon0322.

When asked for comment, Sanrio replied that it is "very sad" about the situation. Cinnamon appears unfazed, however. "It's sad that the friends who enjoy my tweets are in such bad moods. I'm fine, so don't worry! I'll tweet again tomorrow, so wait for it♪"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-16/harmless-sanrio-mascot-cinnamon-bullied-on-twitter/.88172

#FacePalm

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

Does anyone know any shoujo manga that might amuse me? I generally like comedies, magical girls (that are a mix of story and humor, such as Sailor Moon, CCS, Shugo Chara, Phantom Thief Jeanne) and vampires amongst common shoujo themes.

What the hell is up with all the Cinnamon hate?! D: He's adorable.

In all seriousness it's pretty pathetic that these Twitter users are sending hateful, childish messages to the Twitter account of a bloody Sanrio character, a mascot character. Grow up!

• Thumbs Up 1