Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Kind of like it wasn't really BS yet cause it hadn't escalated to ridiculous levels yet like in the other arcs? 

ITs when it started getting Shonen as fuck.

ITs when it started getting Shonen as fuck.

Oh.

So I guess you think the first part of the show was the best before they started Soul Society? I have admittedly seen the first episode of Bleach and thought it was pretty cool.

I was fine with Bankai.

The moment bleach got on my nerves is when it started the "LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHAT ASSPULL I'M DOING EVERYTIME I DO IT" crap.

I swear to god the fight with Szayelaporro is the worst with this shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I saw the film Princess Mononoke for the first time. Can I just say, I wasn't really too impressed and kind of got a bit bored of the film. I found the film Howl's Moving Castle much more interesting in my opinion.

Aizen's big reveal was when Bleach went off the deep end. That was the worst shit.

Well... I can now say that Anime Sols has gone under, which is very sad, as I really wanted to see lots of older shows get crowdfunded. On the bright side, I was able to get Rebecca Forsekdt to record some phone messages for my brother and I, even in her Suiseiseki/Primera voice!

The first season was so much more grounded and best.

But its like with almost every anime with power creeps, the show is base level until episode 12 or 13 when a jarring event triggers the power ups start.

Goku had his Kio-Ken, Naruto had his fox spirit cloak, and Ichigo had his Shikai evolution. then the anime goes into Shonen overdrive.

But its like with almost every anime with power creeps, the show is base level until episode 12 or 13 when a jarring event triggers the power ups start.

Goku had his Kio-Ken, Naruto had his fox spirit cloak, and Ichigo had his Shikai evolution. then the anime goes into Shonen overdrive.

You see the difference is, Naruto and DBZ always had an overt focus on fighting, it wasn't just a means to an end but literally the entire premise.

Bleach's story had a much larger focus on the job of being a soul reaper, purifying souls and shit. It was only in Soul Society onward that it became a straight up series all about fighting.

You see the difference is, Naruto and DBZ always had an overt focus on fighting, it wasn't just a means to an end but literally the entire premise.

Bleach's story had a much larger focus on the job of being a soul reaper, purifying souls and shit. It was only in Soul Society onward that it became a straight up series all about fighting.

Doesn't matter what the stories are, they are still shonens with power creeps. all ends up the same way.

Kaio-Ken. Why would you read the I in this specific instance as an English I :V

Doesn't matter what the stories are, they are still shonens with power creeps. all ends up the same way.

Not really because I doubt Bleach would have ended up the way it is had it shifted its focus.

Not really because I doubt Bleach would have ended up the way it is had it shifted its focus.

Just because Bleach shifted focus doesn't mean it had to turn out the way it did. YuYu Hakusho is another, way older manga that follows basically the same plot progression (delinquent gains supernatural, death related powers, has to work job involving demons/guiding spirits, later goes and fights in a netherworld tournament) but I feel YYH was handled way more gracefully, probably due to Togashi planning for the transition from the beginning.

Bleach to me, feels like Kubo throws a lot of it out whenever he gets bored to do something else. I remember reading that his main process for plotting is basically to design a bunch of cool characters then try and slot a story for them in- this kinda explains a lot, like how older characters get screwed, and how every arc has a gang of like 10+ random people come out the blue in cool getups.

Think about how bleach always throws these new concepts, (most recently, fullbringing) only to jettison them when the new arc begins, that's what kind of bothers me about it. If you ever grow attached to anything it's probably not going to stick around unless it becomes an Aizen or Grimmjow level mega-favourite.

But yeah, I liked it more when it was a stylish supernatural real word story pre soul society. I remember liking the Soul Society stuff the first time around but not as much as what came before. After that it kind of felt like there were no real stakes in the story- it was all fantasy battles in a fantasy world with no real consequences for anyone (ie. death)

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I remember thinking that the early episodes of Bleach were extremely cool. I never got around to watching more and I lost complete interest when I looked ahead and saw where the story was going

Yeah I remember thinking that the early episodes of Bleach were extremely cool. I never got around to watching more and I lost complete interest when I looked ahead and saw where the story was going

I was never interested in Bleach to begin with.

Bleach is the epitome of a cool concept gone bad; it was definitely inspired by Yu Yu  Hakusho like  Remy said, but it had its own unique feel to it and felt way more grounded in reality, as much as a Shonen could be anyway. But then that all as just thrown out in the following arcs in favor of standard Shonen fighting and power ups and it was just nowhere near as interesting.

It went from an urban fantasy genre to generic DBZ flying and shooting energy beams. Even the final arc, which looks pretty damn fine on its own, has this.

It went from an urban fantasy genre to generic DBZ flying and shooting energy beams. Even the final arc, which looks pretty damn fine on its own, has this.

You know, I haven't read/seen Bleach, but there's at least one (anime adaptation of a) manga I can think of which started off relatively grounded but which had a point not far in where the author's editor had clearly stepped in and told them they needed to make it more shonen-y or else they were going to get dropped.  Maybe something similar happened?

Welp Arc V dropped /more/ bombshells and I'm wondering more about the Synchro Dimension now.

So either we never paid attention to the world around 5Ds or everything just got worse in the Synchro Dimension. It seems like it reverted back to pre-Daedalus Bridge Neo-Domino City where there's a huge difference between upper and lower class to the point Yugo was considered to be trespassing on a seemingly public area. Oh and Jack is still the Duel King but it seems that Crow hasn't joined Security like he did at the end of 5Ds or he just quit to be a Duelist. Ushio isn't around either. And the "Professor" of the Dimension looks vaguely like Jaegar and Rex Godwin so there's that. I just wonder if things went back in time or something but I can only speculate.

Oh and there's obviously 5Ds references everywhere.

tumblr_nnvzw8muBt1sgbu3ro1_1280.png

Amazing Athiest posted a picture of Hestia ( that would be against the rule to post) and then went off about how cartoon women are better.

I can't believe this guy is serious. He has to be joking.

Why do we care about what dumb shit this guy gets up too anyway?

Outside of a cheap laugh obviously.