Awoo.

Rayman 3 HD

Mark1

I played the demo and found the controls to be off. I must have flown around that little area about five times not being able to control myself into the last two things and having Rayman tell me how crap I am. Got fed up after that.

Lack of Madder? ...I ain't even mad.

I mean okay, it's still godamn disappointing, that intro was one of the best made ones for any video game, but them the breaks. Game is still pretty damn good. I loved it when I was able to recite the music of those warp sections without even tryingg.

I played the demo and found the controls to be off. I must have flown around that little area about five times not being able to control myself into the last two things and having Rayman tell me how crap I am. Got fed up after that.

It's one of those moments where you only stay in place when you're holding the stick in that direction. Try again, it's worth it. 8C

(I do have to say I hate when games do that kind of awkward "totally different gameplay" openers that just tend to confuse).

(I do have to say I hate when games do that kind of awkward "totally different gameplay" openers that just tend to confuse).

That flying segment subtlety pissed me of because of that.

Thanks, Jez - I'll give it another shot when I find some time to play some games. I was sure I was holding the stick (playing PS3 version if that makes any difference), but maybe I wasn't. We will see, because I would like to play this one, having just played Rayman 2 for the first time on my 3DS.

I was able to get this today. After so many years of not having this game, it feels soooo good to be able to play it again. I nearly forgot how much freakin' fun this game was.

Is it just me or are the SFX and certain voice clips really low-quality? I don't even remember them being this bad and it's really jarring since the music is crystal clear. Maybe it's always been like this and because it's been years I'm just now noticing it.

Also, does the music cut in and out every now and then for anyone else? I didn't notice it much in the regular levels (Probably because there's a lot of sound effects playing at once) but in the disco levels it's really clear and it's annoying as hell.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

• 1 month later...

This doesn't have to do with the HD version of Rayman 3, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

So I nabbed the PC version the other day, and right off the bat, I'm noticing this really weird problem with Rayman's movement while using a controller. For some reason he moves ever so slightly slower when I'm holding it in a diagonal direction. This somehow causes a noticeable delay when I'm trying to make him turn direction, and it's kind of a pain in the ass due to it being so imprecise. And it does recognize sensitivity (so I can make Rayman walk and such). Comparing this to Rayman 2's PC port, the movement controls are pretty much spot on there.

So, anyone playing the game on PC know what the problem could be? This doesn't happen when I'm using a keyboard, by the way.

This doesn't have to do with the HD version of Rayman 3, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

So I nabbed the PC version the other day, and right off the bat, I'm noticing this really weird problem with Rayman's movement while using a controller. For some reason he moves ever so slightly slower when I'm holding it in a diagonal direction. This somehow causes a noticeable delay when I'm trying to make him turn direction, and it's kind of a pain in the ass due to it being so imprecise. And it does recognize sensitivity (so I can make Rayman walk and such). Comparing this to Rayman 2's PC port, the movement controls are pretty much spot on there.

So, anyone playing the game on PC know what the problem could be? This doesn't happen when I'm using a keyboard, by the way.

That sounds like a sensitivity issue, you say it recognizes it so I'd suggest just increase it ever so slightly, I used to have this issue with emulators.

How do I go about doing that? I don't see any calibration options in any of the settings, in-game or out.

How do I go about doing that? I don't see any calibration options in any of the settings, in-game or out.

Ah, that sucks... Wouldn't know, don't have Rayman 3. :/

Let me look around a bit.

I use Xpadder 5.3 for my games that don't support controllers, I don't know if rayman does or not, but when I set the "look up" and "look down" to the right stick then the "look left" and the "look right" to the same stick of the xbox controller, trying to look diagonally seems slower than looking up, down, left or right.

Perhaps, did you set your buttons? if so then it may be an issue you can't solve.

Ugh. I'm still unable to get the stick to work properly, and I can't find a single good keyboard control combination that I'm comfortable with. I'm just about ready to give up on playing this game, or search for the PS2 or GC version as an alternative. This is beyond frustrating.

Also I'm using the 360 controller drivers.

EDIT: I finally found keyboard controls that work out for me, after countless experimenting with combinations. Numpad 8/5/4/6 for movement, D for jump, S for attack, and space for strafe. The strafe in particular is what constantly gives me problems because my brain gets confused and instinctively presses some other button whenever I'm trying to strafe and attack at the same time. But I think I can play through the game with this scheme.

Ugh. I'm still unable to get the stick to work properly, and I can't find a single good keyboard control combination that I'm comfortable with. I'm just about ready to give up on playing this game, or search for the PS2 or GC version as an alternative. This is beyond frustrating.

Also I'm using the 360 controller drivers.

Yeah, the drivers installed instantly for mines, but you could try Xpadder 5.3 (because 5.3 is freeware and the current one costs) as you can set keyboard buttons to your controller's buttons. I'm assuming the game has a function to detect controllers and your using the pre-mapped buttons from doing so? Could be the problem. Like Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 detected my Xbox 360 Controller and pre-mapped the controls to my buttons. But it didn't feel like proper FPS controls, so I used Xpadder 5.3 to map the keyboard controls to the controller to have that true FPS feel. Though it's still a bit iffy when trying to look up, down, left or right as they have different sensitivities but PC FPS aiming is done with the mouse all the time, so that maybe why, you might have better luck, never tried it on a platformer.

Rayman 3 allows me to remap buttons on my controller, but it's very limited. There's no option to change movement or camera options (except switching between the right analog stick and the LT/RT buttons in the external settings) for example, and I even attempted to map directional movement to the fucking D-pad, but it won't let you. You also can't map the walk button to the controller, either. I'm just really confused by this problem because Rayman 2 didn't have any such hurdles, even though it had its own share by not allowing you to remap the buttons, but I found them comparatively manageable to this.

So glad to be playing Rayman 3 again. One of my favourite games ever made! And it looks even more gorgeous in 3D.

My only gripe in this version is a little thing - Globox doesn't say his random catchphrases when you punch him anymore! ... XD

Welp, I've gotten pretty fed up with trying to get the PC version to play nice. Aside from the controller issues I already mentioned, I get glitched out graphics in certain levels, most noticeably in The Desert of the Knaaren where flickering boxes appear around objects such as gems. I couldn't find a solution to any of these problems on Google, and I even installed the game on another computer to see if the problems were there as well, and sure enough they were. So I caved and bought a copy of the PS2 version. Oh well, I guess the six dollars won't kill me, but it's still pretty frustrating.

I predict that in 2018 or so, someone else will have these exact problems I did, and this will happen.

Welp, I've gotten pretty fed up with trying to get the PC version to play nice. Aside from the controller issues I already mentioned, I get glitched out graphics in certain levels, most noticeably in The Desert of the Knaaren where flickering boxes appear around objects such as gems. I couldn't find a solution to any of these problems on Google, and I even installed the game on another computer to see if the problems were there as well, and sure enough they were. So I caved and bought a copy of the PS2 version. Oh well, I guess the six dollars won't kill me, but it's still pretty frustrating.

I predict that in 2018 or so, someone else will have these exact problems I did, and this will happen.

Hm, if that's the case, then I'll just stick with getting the XBLA version. Going by the trial, it plays pretty good on it.

Is the PC version a re-release alongside the XBLA/PSN one? Or are you trying to run the original PC release on Windows 7? Cause I know my old PC disk of it won't run for shit on Win7...

Edited by DistantJ

I bought it off Gog.com. Of note is that it's missing the opening video with Madder, so I suspect that it's somewhat different from the original PC release.