Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PC Discussion

Remy

• 1 month later...

Did anyone notice, for this version before you battle any rivals. There is no cutscene in the begining? Example Metal Sonic, Dark Chaos ect?

• 1 month later...

Played it. While there were some small glitches I encountered that led me to my deaths, I enjoyed it. However I tried to play as Classic Sonic and everytime I spindash the game crashes. T~T

Played it. While there were some small glitches I encountered that led me to my deaths, I enjoyed it. However I tried to play as Classic Sonic and everytime I spindash the game crashes. T~T

If you attempt to spin dash as Classic before entering a 2D Section, the game crashes. And even after goint to 3D-2D-3D, Spin-dashing in 3D does not work well.

I'm a total mod newb but I like the look of this - if I download and install it will it wreck my original copy of Generations, such as my game save and stuff? Or does it run on it's own, like for example Portal Prequel does?

I'm a total mod newb but I like the look of this - if I download and install it will it wreck my original copy of Generations, such as my game save and stuff? Or does it run on it's own, like for example Portal Prequel does?

You download a program called SonicGMI. I believe the latest one is included in the torrent. There's plenty of tutorials on what GMI does and how to use it.

• 8 months later...

By request, this topic has been moved to the Sonic Discussion forum, so it can continue to be discussed.  Feel free to use this topic for all questions regarding Generations mods and other Gens PC-related issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Akito! :D

Anyways, JonTron tried the PC version of SG with Oculus Rift.

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/403829691439542272

Thanks to the people at @TriDef3D I was able to experience Sonic Generations in the Oculus. I was NOT expecting to experience what I did.

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/403830000438083584

Sonic Generations in the Oculus is akin to the best disneyland ride you've ever been on on crack.

So yeah, Oculus Rift support is coming! prepare to have your eyes blown out.

Wow that's something I'd really want to experience.  Top of my list would be Left 4 Dead, but yeah Sonic Generations would be unreal.

Ooooh, I can actually post in this topic now!

I've had a little (actually, not really little...) problem with Generations since I purchased a new PC controller, my old one had the analog stick grip starting to wear off and the cables were starting to show. 

This controller always has the repetitive quickstep glitch. Even when I use that x360ce thing, it's still there.

My controller is a Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710. Any advice on how to quit that glitch would be appreciated.

So I've been playing Generations PC ever since I got my gaming PC

Athlon X4 750K (shit)

4GB DDR3 1600MHz(even worse)

MSI FM2 board (functional)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 (eh..)

My gaming pc is total fucking ass by modern gaming PC standards, but it plays Generations at 1080p 1920 x 1600 with FXAA enabled and everything on high at at leat 40 - 50 fps it looks like (I'll have to download fraps or something)

I'm... not really used to this level of detail. If I play it more than 15 minutes I start to get  a headache.

But this really is a beautiful game on PC. I'm going to beat it before I install mods though.

I actually need a decent gaming PC so I can play this game at full specs and stuff. >>

But if there's any mods I'm looking forward to playing with when that happens, it's the Blaze Mod and as a fan of the comics, the newly released Mod of Scourge.

Not a fan of the Raditz voice used, though. I kinda picture Scourge either sounding the same as Sonic does now or having Sonic's Drummond voice. I think it'd kinda work with his more jerkish attitude, to put it mildly. ¦D

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone notice, for this version before you battle any rivals. There is no cutscene in the begining? Example Metal Sonic, Dark Chaos ect?

Wait, is this true? That's a shame if so but I imagine something is just wrong with your game files.

Wait, is this true? That's a shame if so but I imagine something is just wrong with your game files.

It's not. They show whenever I play them and I've seen them show probably for other people's videos. The video I posted shows it happening as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, I figured why not, and go ahead and say this:

I created the mighty mod, and I do still have the files, only thing it has left is putting them in the title screen which is a little bit beyond me, specialy now, so hey if any of you other modders who are still somewhat active want to finish that, I would be greatful, and would love to release it, so go ahead and send me a PM

OK, I figured why not, and go ahead and say this:

I created the mighty mod, and I do still have the files, only thing it has left is putting them in the title screen which is a little bit beyond me, specialy now, so hey if any of you other modders who are still somewhat active want to finish that, I would be greatful, and would love to release it, so go ahead and send me a PM

I'm glad to hear that this is finished-it's been almost a year since that first video was put up!

The game truly does run/play far better on PC than it does on any console. I purchased the game at launch for 360 at the cost of $60, which I severely regret now. After getting it for less than $10 on Steam, I swear that I'll never buy Sonic on console again if I can get it on PC first. 60 FPS or bust.

So, seriously, what kind of super-computer do you need to run this game?  I finally got the graphical settings down so the gameplay exhibits no lag at all, but the cutscenes are extremely out of sync.  (Note, this problem does not persist when I view the cutscenes in the media room or whatever it's called) - I just can't win.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I have a quick question involving modding the sound files. I've been digging through the sound files in Generations for the past hour and I can't seem to find the one I want to edit. The one I'm looking for is the sound that plays when the stage loading screen disappears. I've searched through the sound folder and looked in the cpk's in there, and I can't seem to find it. Anyone happen to know where it is?

That's actually a sound effect instead of music, which means it'll either be located in the csb files of the Sound folder (opened with the Street Fighter Audio Manager) or shoved into one of the ar.00 files (opened with the Generations Archive Editor) in the bb.cpk files of the disk folder. I'm not sure which file has it though as I've not been through that many of these files, but I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be in ResidentLoading.ar.00 in bb2.cpk since it handles elements of that loading screen and the one with both Sonic's running.

Though, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a database of all the files for Generations at this point that shows where stuff is and what does what. I've been gradually jotting down all of the music files and which cpks they're in while I'm music modding that states things such as the 1UP music file not being the actual 1UP jingle and unused, What I'm Made Of being 48lp instead of 44lp as the filename indicates and so on, but it'd be nice if there was just a huge database already...

I'm not sure which file has it though as I've not been through that many of these files, but I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be in ResidentLoading.ar.00 in bb2.cpk since it handles elements of that loading screen and the one with both Sonic's running.

Well I just looked in there, it seems to have a few images and some .xncp files. I also looked in Loading.ar.00, and it was the same thing. :/

Any other ideas?

I'm going to get a gaming laptop for Christmas and I might get the PC version of this game. Even though I have the Xbox 360 version.

• 4 months later...

Since this is the PC general I can post this here:

I've been stumped for quite a while on how to properly convert the particle emitters and particle materials, as they were some sort of binary XML format. A couple of them had all the strings that were necessary, but sadly that wasn't enough reference to properly convert most of them. So I happened to have a lucky break and find in the executable the string table that matched exactly what the particle XML needed. So here's something that I hope you find very useful.

Download GTE / GTM Converter.

Keep in mind manually editing an XML by hand isn't a great method either, but we don't have many alternatives as it is unless someone decides to work on a fully-featured particle editor. While recreating effects is now a possibility, it would probably take quite a lot of guesswork to get it right. This should be a good start though.

Laymans terms: you can edit stuff like the boost shield and jump ball effects and make effects for stages like snow and sand giving your custom stage more of a realistic feel. but its still sort of a WIP since you have to do allot of trial and error to get it working.

All those sanics though, my head @_@;....

• Thumbs Up 1

I figured I'd ask, has anyone had any luck at all playing the 30 second trial mode? I still can't play it at all and I've had this game ever since it came out on day 1.