Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

So why the hell are counting it then? This is a completely different game, that's like me saying Griffth sucks because of the first episode of Sonic X, and completely disregarding black knight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? I'm not really picky about the VA's, I just thought the 4kids Amy sounded mature(even if her writing didn't). She sounded like an older teen.

Maybe I'll get used to the new voice. Probably. I mean, I've never cared all that much...

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy's voice in both Free Riders and her level in Generations is beyond ear-rape. I don't see how you can tell anyone not to judge her actresses performance on both of her appearances so far. The problem isn't her acting; it's that her tone of voice is so unnaturally high that it could shatter glass, to say nothing of eardrums.

The day Amy sounds higher pitched than Cream is the day something went horribly, horribly wrong with casting.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm in the camp who prefers Lisa Ortiz's Amy voice. Sure, I'll probably get used to the current voice and I'm sure she'll do a lot better in this game than in Free Riders, but I prefer Amy to have a more natural voice. The current voice sounds like she's trying a bit too hard and I'm sure she'd be a bit more bearable if she just dialed it down a bit. Just my opinion, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Amy's voice in both Free Riders and her level in Generations is beyond ear-rape. I don't see how you can tell anyone not to judge her actresses performance on both of her appearances so far. The problem isn't her acting; it's that her tone of voice is so unnaturally high that it could shatter glass, to say nothing of eardrums.

The day Amy sounds higher pitched than Cream is the day something went horribly, horribly wrong with casting.

Some like the new VA for Amy, some don't, it's not like Sega actually wants you to like the voice.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" would be the quote of such a situation.

I think the point of Amy is that she's supposed to have an annoying voice.

Because, well, she's annoying.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just going to go ahead and say "neither" and cast my vote for Heroes Amy. Modern is too high pitched for my tastes, and 4kid's always gave me a weird throaty Kermit the Frog vibe.

But seriously, confused by the sudden hatred of Colors. It's like, up until this week Colors was the best Sonic game since Adventure, now everyone's making it out to be the anti-christ.

Edited by Shadic93

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

^^So much for Amy getting a playable appearance, I doubt this is going to endear her to anybody, so she will now fall by the wayside along with Silver.

I didnt hear her new Voice here (in Geneations) so I wont judge but guys! It cant be that bad! So far current cast does pretty well (Quinton Flyn ROCKS and Shadows VA (Kirck Thoronton??? Not sure if spelled right) has potential! Cant wait to hear those 2 in action!) so yeah lets just wait, play the full game and then judge script and voices.

Because everyone bitched and said the same thing about griffith when he first started out, 5 years later people are whining for him to come back, its almost repeat of that. I really don't think its as bad as people say it is, but hey I don't care as much about voice acting as I used too.

Yes, just go ahead and assume everyone besides yourself is simple minded and can only hate something based on a single knee-jerk reaction. The reason I personally don't like Amy's new voice isn't because the voice is just different, but because I believe that tone of voice HURTS me to listen to. It's not even a matter of it fitting her character or not. It just sounds BAD to me.

I love all of the new voice actors, with the exception of Amy and Shadow. And hell, Shadow has NEVER had a good tone of voice and actor at the same time, so you certainly can't blame my dislike of the new guy on the fact that it is different than his previous two VA's.

I can agree to disagree with you, but you need to admit that any hatred for some of the new VA's isn't JUST because they are new, but because the voice grates on some people's ears.

I like how the topic turned into a VA topic and that this got ignored. ;w;

That's because there is nothing interesting in that screenshot. Just a flashy transition from one time-period to the next, reinforcing the game's time-travel theme and the Time Eater's connection with time and the clock motif.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Yes, just go ahead and assume everyone besides yourself is simple minded and can only hate something based on a single knee-jerk reaction. The reason I personally don't like Amy's new voice isn't because the voice is just different, but because I believe that tone of voice HURTS me to listen to. It's not even a matter of it fitting her character or not. It just sounds BAD to me.

I love all of the new voice actors, with the exception of Amy and Shadow. And hell, Shadow has NEVER had a good tone of voice and actor at the same time, so you certainly can't blame my dislike of the new guy on the fact that it is different than his previous two VA's.

I can agree to disagree with you, but you need to admit that any hatred for some of the new VA's isn't JUST because they are new, but because the voice grates on some people's ears.

And people said the same exact thing when Griffith was still around, I'm not talking about you personally, and I know everyone has their own reasons for their dislike, but I've sat through this argument before "The voice hurts me ears" "Bah I hate it, bring back previous VA" and all that jazz, everything that everybody hates Amy's voice now are almost the same complaints that I heard five years ago, and I'll bet money that five years time, this isn't even going to be an issue anymore, at least to some people.

People just like to complain. Especially Sonic Fans.

That's because there is nothing interesting in that screenshot. Just a flashy transition from one time-period to the next, reinforcing the game's time-travel theme and the Time Eater's connection with time and the clock motif.

Oh. Apologies then. Thought that this was an interesting plot point actually.

People just like to complain. Especially Sonic Fans.

Which is why I hardly take any complaints seriously unless they're backed up with sufficient evidence.

Some people just need to learn not to have a heart attack whenever someone mentions that they don't like something or vice versa.

"I MUST DESTROY THIS PERSON FOR GREAT JUSTICE! RAWR!"

• Thumbs Up 4

Some people just need to learn not to have a heart attack whenever someone mentions that they don't like something or vice versa.

"I MUST DESTROY THIS PERSON FOR GREAT JUSTICE! RAWR!"

Edited by Shadic93

Which is why I hardly take any complaints seriously unless they're backed up with sufficient evidence.

Edited by Eternal BOOOOOOOSH
  • Thumbs Up 3