Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I remember watching chemical plant in that 28 minute video where... fabian was playing, and he fell into a pit because he missed homing onto a pully or rail. It reminded me off the cheap spots in colors's starlight carnaval and asteroid coaster where I died too. It's funny because I remember I had to warn my brother way before the instances for him to not unfairly die full of frustration at those parts.

I agree about the signs being a great addition but moments like the ones I described above are just too fast, so instantly, plain cheap and flawed imo.

I don't know how many times this happens in generations, but i'm like, why do they design some parts this way in the first place"?

Edited by Djawed

Good. Fucking. Lord.

WILL THESE REVEIWERS GIVE SONIC TEAM A BREAK ALREADY!? THEY CONSTANTLY LET OTHER GAMES PASS WITH SIMILAR MISTAKES, YET THEY CONSTANTLY RAG ON SONIC FOR IT! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL THEM OUT ON THIS HYPOCRISY!

...and I need to stop hitting the caps lock by accident when rage fueled.

Good. Fucking. Lord.

WILL THESE REVEIWERS GIVE SONIC TEAM A BREAK ALREADY!? THEY CONSTANTLY LET OTHER GAMES PASS WITH SIMILAR MISTAKES, YET THEY CONSTANTLY RAG ON SONIC FOR IT! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL THEM OUT ON THIS HYPOCRISY!

...and I need to stop hitting the caps lock by accident when rage fueled.

Well, so far the PS3 version has a higher aggregate than the 360...maybe the laggy controls were adressed after all

I definitely am not understanding the gripes with some of these reviews...It's pathetic enough that people need a big orange sign warning of a bottomless pit, but that's not enough?! Have they never played a platformer before?!

• Thumbs Up 5

I definitely am not understanding the gripes with some of these reviews...It's pathetic enough that people need a big orange sign warning of a bottomless pit, but that's not enough?! Have they never played a platformer before?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm convinced that these people pushes the boost button as soon as they get in front of a pit they can clearly see.

Maybe Sonic Team should ditch the entire Unleashed formula entirely...or never put a bottomless pit in a stage ever again...

Sonic Generations. Scored 4 out of 10 by gamesreactor.

Sonic Generations 4 out of 10.

Sonic 4 out of 10.

SONIC 4.

Edited by Mephiles550

Okay, IT'S RANTING TIME!

It seems that games aren't allowed to be even remotely difficult, I suppose, because if you die even once, it means "itz cheaply dezined" and "stil haz da saym owld problumz herp derp". Has gaming journalism gone so far down the crapper that a game being difficult is a bad thing? Oh wait, never mind; it's only bad because it's a SONIC game! Because Sonic is only about running in a straight line watching everything just whiz by with no obstacles in your way because those will make the game not fast and that's no good.

Pretty much the only review of Generations that I've seen so far that I've even remotely liked is the GamesRadar review. Every other review, no matter how good the score may be, always mentions something along the lines of "HERP DERP GET RID OF SAWNICK'S STUPID FRIENDZZ" or "I DIED SO DIS GAYM IZ CHEEP AND BADLY DESIGNED A-DURRRR..." I suppose it's official now: Sonic may get good reviews from some of the big sites, but he will never receive acclaim again; people are just too butthurt for that to happen.

• Thumbs Up 7

Maybe they should change it for one bigger with big letters saying WARNING! BOTTOMLESS PIT AHEAD! Maybe then they'll notice

Okay, fuck these complaints. I honestly hope ST doesn't listen to ANY of them, becuase the implied alternatives are absolute garbage. Sonic's basic gameplay should change very little from what we are seeing right now, and the critics can kiss Sonic's prickly blue ass.

Well then again it is going to take a lot more than 2 games (colors and generations) in order for sega to fully restore trust in the gaming community again.

I suppose it's official now: Sonic may get good reviews from some of the big sites, but he will never receive acclaim again; people are just too butthurt for that to happen.
Edited by Modern Inferno

I think that's almost impossible. Sega can make more good games after Colors and Generations and some of these reviewers is too bias to enjoy any of the new 3D games and they'll find anything to nitpick and make a big deal about like the bottomless pit, Sonic's friends appearing in the games, the difficulty, not enough nostalgia, etc

They probably will...like the normal beginning of the review: "Well, we all know that Sonic has had some rough years...etc." That will probably stick for a long time, the reviewers being butthurt? Maybe in a few years or so, that'll stop too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, IT'S RANTING TIME!

It seems that games aren't allowed to be even remotely difficult, I suppose, because if you die even once, it means "itz cheaply dezined" and "stil haz da saym owld problumz herp derp".

• Thumbs Up 1

Its real sad that stuff nowadays have to be on the difficultly level of Epic Yarn to be remotely good.

Guys for the people complaining that the games/bosses have gotten too easy. You see why?

This is why...not because Sonic Team wants too...its because if they don't make them fucking easy they are going to get slammed.

Here what I don't get though....how do fucking people pass off Mr/Mrs Splosion Man or Demon/Dark Souls...yet Sonic can't? Such bull...the games are not even that fucking hard anymore.

Its like everyone is losing their gaming resiliency...nobody wants challenge anymore with platformers. Its time Sega started doing difficulty settings...its the only way their going to get past this.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its real sad that stuff nowadays have to be on the difficultly level of Epic Yarn be be remotely good.

Guys for the people complaining that the games/bosses have gotten too easy. You see why?

This is why...not because Sonic Team wants too...its because if they don't make them fucking easy they are going to get slammed.

Here what I don't get though....how do fucking people pass off Mr/Mrs Splosion Man or Demon/Dark Souls...yet Sonic can't? Such bull...the games are not even that fucking hard anymore.

Its like everyone is losing their gaming resiliency...nobody wants challenge anymore with platformers. Its time Sega started doing difficulty settings...its the only way their going to get past this.

This is one thing I really liked about what Sonic Team HD did with Unleashed. For games that were getting easy, they pumped in the hardest main Sonic game since S3&K. Colors's difficulty really disappointed me because it was cheaply easy (Heroes, a game I don't like as much, had more satisfying difficulty)…and SCWii got points off because it was difficult. Are you kidding me?

I really hope ST tells the critics to kiss their ass and make a game their way, and one of them by creating settings with VERY hard modes, because the way many of them are complaining makes me wonder if they want the game to be completed like silver on a platter. As a Sonic fan and consumer, that's just insulting.

Critics need to realize a great Sonic game doesn't need to be annoyingly easy.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fuck's sake. Still can't wrap my mind around this.

Cheap bottomless pits? The developers did the most blatant thing they could without being dumb about it and it's still not ENOUGH? God, you might as well just hitch a piggyback ride from Sonic and call it a day if you want it to be that easy. Maybe Sonic Team should put drop warnings on fucking billboards next time instead of Chao in Space. And you can't say there shouldn't be bottomless pits at ALL; it's a platformer. Sonic games have ALWAYS had bottomless pits.

Ridiclolous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even so right now we are at 13 reviews in meta....a lot more should be coming in as well as some that haven't been sent in that are in the high 8s.

I'ma trust in my fellow man here and hope that at least 1 fucking version of Generations makes it above the 80s...its DESERVES it these bullshit complaints better stop. I know as a fanbase we can get out of hand...but mother fuckers throwing in biased hypocritical shit deserve all our rage this time.

Edited by V0YANT

This is one thing I really liked about what Sonic Team HD did with Unleashed. For games that were getting easy, they pumped in the hardest main Sonic game since S3&K. Colors's difficulty really disappointed me because it was cheaply easy (Heroes, a game I don't like as much, had more satisfying difficulty)…and SCWii got points off because it was difficult. Are you kidding me?

I really hope ST tells the critics to kiss their ass and make a game their way, and one of them by creating settings with VERY hard modes, because the way many of them are complaining makes me wonder if they want the game to be completed like silver on a platter. As a Sonic fan and consumer, that's just insulting.

Critics need to realize a great Sonic game doesn't need to be annoyingly easy.

No moar rep points so I'll just say that I agree with all of this, right down to the punctuation.

I wanna be thrown into the fire of a stage as hard as Eggmanland again, it felt SO good once I beat that...oh so gewd.