Awoo.

Sami

They probably did plan to kill off Nanako, but backed out because it would have made for a really depressing ending no matter what happened. Yea, it definitely could have been handled better, but the alternative would have been to have an extremely bittersweet ending, even more potentially than the previous game.

I feel like I could've lived with Nanako dying.  But man, what Ryotaro might've done scares the shit out of me.  The man lost everything in that moment; we could've very well ended up with two dead bodies in a number of ways...

Izanami was some bullshit though.  I get that someone like her had to exist in order for the Midnight Channel to be a thing, but fuck me that was all sorts of stupid.  For what it's worth, I still don't consider her to be the main antagonist of the game though.  She mostly faffed about seeing who could stir up the most shit.

The person who decided to stir shit up for shits and giggles was Adachi.  Izanami didn't have to do anything to make him a complete bastard.

You know I was expecting to be eaten alive by you guys, not agreed with.

What is this bullshit?

• Thumbs Up 4

label your goddamn spoilers for whatever game they're from. how is anyone supposed to know, even vaguely which persona you're all talking about

• Thumbs Up 1

it was a string of spoilers based off me saying I didn't like P4's ending.

granted that kind of got lost once we got to a new page but I think people can figure it out

What is this bullshit?

Because it's a legit dumb plot point tbh

Yeah, I must admit that Izanami was pretty disappointing, especially since I find Adachi way more interesting. I mean he wanted the world to be shrouded in fog right? So he...gave power to the person that represented hope? And he did that to just to see what would happen? I mean...if he didn't give the power to Yu, Izanami would have won, right?

Yeah, I must admit that Izanami was pretty disappointing, especially since I find Adachi way more interesting. I mean he wanted the world to be shrouded in fog right? So he...gave power to the person that represented hope? And he did that to just to see what would happen? I mean...if he didn't give the power to Yu, Izanami would have won, right?

From how I understand it,

Persona 4 spoilers

Izanami's not really on anyone's side.  She's there to fulfill mankind's desires, but in order to go about doing that she needed to know what exactly mankind wanted.  She performed an experiment by giving 3 people the ability to awaken Personas.  From then on she sat around and waited for one of them to make a move.  Whoever made the biggest splash would be the one she sided with.  Since Adachi threw the entire town into panic with the murders, she assumed his desires where inline with what all of humanity wanted.

If Narukami won the experiment in the beginning, she probably would've did nothing and let everyone live their peaceful lives.  Which is eventually what happened when Narukami and co. walked up to her and beat the shit out her.  

• Thumbs Up 1

From how I understand it,

Persona 4 spoilers

Izanami's not really on anyone's side.  She's there to fulfill mankind's desires, but in order to go about doing that she needed to know what exactly mankind wanted.  She performed an experiment by giving 3 people the ability to awaken Personas.  From then on she sat around and waited for one of them to make a move.  Whoever made the biggest splash would be the one she sided with.  Since Adachi threw the entire town into panic with the murders, she assumed his desires where inline with what all of humanity wanted.

If Narukami won the experiment in the beginning, she probably would've did nothing and let everyone live their peaceful lives.  Which is eventually what happened when Narukami and co. walked up to her and beat the shit out her.  

Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks for clearing that up. So wait, I have a question. Could you explain why some people think it's a stupid plot point? God, I don't understand why I'm so lost right now lol.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks for clearing that up. So wait, I have a question. Could you explain why some people think it's a stupid plot point? God, I don't understand why I'm so lost right now lol.

I think its mostly because she just sort of came out of nowhere, I mean seriously if I hadn't looked it up I'd probably have never known she even existed in the game.

Izanami does feel a bit tacked on honestly, even if she fits in a thematic sense. She's just too vague to really feel like she's apart of it. For what its worth though, she does at least provide an explanation for all of the shit that occurs.

What is this bullshit?

Because its pretty faulty writing when you stop and think.

Dancing All Night topic apparantly doesn't show up in my searches so for now I'll put this here

EDIT: and then it shows up right after i post this hue

You guys think that we'll get some Persona 5 news at E3? Is Atlus (or SEGA I should probably say) even coming to E3?

If the game is coming out this year they'd be insane not showing off Persona 5 in all it's glory for E3.

Then there is the P5 blu-ray sneak peek coming out with Dancing All Night, so there's that as well. Hope we hear the characters speak, along with the english voice actors if we're lucky.

a worldwide release date would be lovely

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if they already delayed the game once, I can't see a November/December release date again.

Sure wish I wasn't in school when it actually comes out...