Awoo.

Best/Worst Character Design

Soniman

... which actually makes perfect sense from a "in-universe"-point of view if we accept the idea suggested by Generations as canon; namely that classic Sonic is the younger apperance of modern Sonic. So it can be interpreted that Eggman built Metal Sonic back when Sonic still had his young classic look, but then Sonic grew older and started to look different while Metal Sonic of course remained modeled after the younger Sonic.

I hope you're not referring to Metal's derp-tastic model in Generations being short like Classic. Because Metal has never looked like that besides that one game. Ever.

Not too keen on Sonic's model on Wreck-it Ralph, it looks like his Sonic 06 model, I presume Walt Disney Animation Studios made it rather than Sega making it for them

sonic-cameo-wreck-it-ralph.png

spoiler tagged for large image

Sonic's right side is most facing the camera, but his mouth is on his left. tongue.png

Most probably this one has it's mouth in the center, but is skewing off due to 'dreamworks-face' but even that's supposed skew towards the 'camera side' - since Ralph's right side is facing, his expression is lopsided to the right.

(Also, Eggman's pose and expression are quite uncharacteristic. Not like I expect Disney to know.)

WIR_Poster_3.jpg

That don't look nothing like his Sonic 06 model. It looks like the same CGI model you see in the games from Sonic Unleashed onwards. Oh and if his mouth looks weird that's because they screencapped it while he's in the middle of a speech.

Edited by sonfan1984

Umm... Here is my character chart...

EPIC: Helghast (Fan-Character)

AWESOME: Shadow The Hedgehog

AMAZING: Knuckles The Echidna

GOOD: Sonic The Hedgehog

OK: Amy Rose

BAD: Silver The Hedgehog

TERRIBLE: Rouge The Bat

ABSOLUTELY ABOMINABLE: Elise

There you go.

Really? I'd like to see you do millions of awesome sketches of a Sonic Fan character.

Isn't that your fan-character? I mean, it's either that or you've named yourself after some other guy's Sonic fan-character, and I'm not sure which strikes me as worse.

EDIT: I hate that this is my welcome to you, but I'm insatiably curious.

Edited by Soma

I hope you're not referring to Metal's derp-tastic model in Generations being short like Classic. Because Metal has never looked like that besides that one game. Ever.

No, im saying that Metal Sonic always look more like classic than modern Sonic. Just think about the shape of his head, his color and the lenght of his spikes.

No, im saying that Metal Sonic always look more like classic than modern Sonic. Just think about the shape of his head, his color and the lenght of his spikes.

Really? What does that even mean? Metal Sonic has the same differences between Classic and Modern as Sonic does. Head shape, colour, proportions and everything else.

metalcmd.png

Really? What does that even mean? Metal Sonic has the same differences between Classic and Modern as Sonic does. Head shape, colour, proportions and everything else.

metalcmd.png

I disagree entirely. Both of Metal Sonics designs remind me more of classic than modern Sonic, at least the head and the color.

Edited by batson

metalcmd.png

Except Metal on the left ISN'T Classic Metal. It's a Metal Sonic designed specifically for the Generations to look like Classic Sonic. Metal has always looked more or less like the one on the right, albeit with a few changes.

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, why all the hate for American classic Sonic? I reckon he looks okay. Are you all a bunch of weeaboos or something?

I liked this post purely because you used the word "weeaboo". Not kidding.

As for my opinion: Maybe it's pure fanboyism on my part, but I've always liked Knux's design. To me, it makes him far more fun to play as in the classic games than Sonic, because being able to glide, climb walls, and punch through certain walls opens up a lot. Vector's my second favorite because, as somebody else mentioned, he's unique enough to stand out without seeming out of place. His style works for him without being over the top.

Least favorite? Christ, I don't know. None of the characters (or at least the designs themselves) annoy me that much.

You can't critisize me until you see it.

Then we can't quite rank your character either, comrade.

It would be as if I put John Doe was the greatest most coolest guy ever but no one could hang out with him but me. How exactly are we supposed to judge John's character then?

I'd like to thank Blue Blood for reminding me how much I adore Classic Metal Sonic's design.

It's intimidating and adorable at the same time. Wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 3

Except Metal on the left ISN'T Classic Metal. It's a Metal Sonic designed specifically for the Generations to look like Classic Sonic

Nope. The Metal Sonic classic Sonic fought in Generations is clearly based off this artwork of this Metal Sonic:

15rcxh5.png

Which was part of these series of artwork of the cast in their classic design:

2uqm7w7.gif

So yeah, the Metal Sonic in Generations definitely is Classic Metal Sonic.

I always thought that Cosmo and her Seedrian sisters/relatives were really awesome-looking and there's something about them that makes them fit in with Sonic;

fo3nt.png

They look pretty and flowers are incorporated into their designs quite well. Blooming Cosmo also has a great and very pretty design. I believe Yuji Uekawa designed them. Very evocative of Lumina Flowlight from Sonic Shuffle.

Lumina.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought that Cosmo and her Seedrian sisters/relatives were really awesome-looking and there's something about them that makes them fit in with Sonic;

fo3nt.png

They look pretty and flowers are incorporated into their designs quite well. Blooming Cosmo also has a great and very pretty design. I believe Yuji Uekawa designed them. Very evocative of Lumina Flowlight from Sonic Shuffle.

Lumina.jpg

There's also elements of void in Cosmo's design. Void.gif