Awoo.

Best/Worst Character Design

Soniman

Then, how about if they used ShTH's Gerald design as a basis? Even Sonic X Gerald had the design perfect for a more human design for Eggman...

Then, how about if they used ShTH's Gerald design as a basis? Even Sonic X Gerald had the design perfect for a more human design for Eggman...

Best:

Classic Sonic (Japanese) - Instantly cool yet cute at the same time. The first game I played was Sonic 2, yet when I played Sonic 1, I often gave him the nick-name "Kid Sonic", since he looked incredibly young with his lighter fur tone, larger pupils, shorter legs, & that adorable peace sign face on the goal post.

Modern Sonic - To be honest, I disliked his new design when I first saw the new look in Sonic X/ Sonic Advance 3. Then again, I missed out like 5 years of Sonic out of my life ever since my Mega Drive broke & been sucked into the Pokémon craze. Now, I've opened up more & really love the new sleeker, older design.

Modern Eggman - I always thought that the original Eggman design looked a little bland (but by no means is one of the worst designs), but the modern designed seemed much more detailed to me. Don't have much to say about him.

Shadow - Again, I don't have much to say about him either, other than that he is pretty much parallel to Sonic. Those incubator rings & hover/rocket shoes made him look really technical, & (somewhat) futuristic when I first saw him. I like his colour scheme combo of black & red. He may look like a re-colour, but he is another hedgehog after all.

(I'll probably get alot of WTFs for this one) Mephilis - I liked the idea of his form is supposed to be Shadow's shadow (sometimes makes me think of Shadows alternate 'Metal Sonic' esc duplicate).

Blaze - I love cats, & I love the element of fire in many RPG games. Blaze is a combination of both!

& recently, Modern Metal Sonic - I haven't noticed until now that even Metal had a modern make-over, & I often miss that when playing as Metal in SADX. In my opinion, he just looks even more deadly makes his classic version appear like a cuddly metal toy:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/AlexBCA/CtoMMetal2.png

Worst:

'06 Eggman - who ever thought of THAT idea?!

Classic Sonic (American) - In all honesty, the first time I've ever seen Sonic was in his US design form in AoStH & the cover of Sonic 2, yet I didn't have much of a problem of it. But it pales in comparision on the Japanese model & even that European model on the cover of Sonic 3 (seriously, why does the American design have a Mohawk?).

Elise - Photo-Realistic human with Sonic characters looks ugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worst Design... Honestly, I like them all so far, I have no complaints about it, specially now in this era of the series.

WAIT!!! I have one! EGGMAN!!! I really prefer Eggman's 2006 design but they had to go and return to the actual one...

Why couldn't they bring back Eggman 2006 in the next games? And show us more human characters? And even show us Eggman Nega as he'd be in Eggman 2006's style...

Because it'd scar children for life.

Anyways, Eggman's 06 design is the absolute worst character design I've seen in my entire life. It's freakin' scary.

Edited by Christmas-Hedgehog

Because it'd scar children for life.

Anyways, Eggman's 06 design is the absolute worst character design I've seen in my entire life. It's freakin' scary.

Am I alone on the fact that Eggman'06 never scared the shit out of me? Silly question, I'm sure I am... unsure.png

Seriously? Europe's Sonic 3 Sonic also has a mohawk and is in much uglier art.

Europe flip-flopped on Sonic's design all the time. S1 used the Japanese one, 2 and 3 used the American one, various pieces of merchandise used different designs... The awful S3 art is the American design, just badly drawn (as per usual).

I'd have to say Biolizard. Never much liked its' design. I'm not sure how a giant lizard/plesiosaurus thing with a life support system had an end product as a hedgehog, but ok.

Also, Eggman Nega.

Also, Eggman Nega.

Half-agree with you on this one, they could have done something much more interesting. At least his clothes are an homage to Classic Eggman though. That's cool.

Half-agree with you on this one, they could have done something much more interesting. At least his clothes are an homage to Classic Eggman though. That's cool.

But at the same his costume looks so weird, seems like some pajama to me.

As I said, I like Eggman'06's design and I've already tried to imagine Nega in a 2006 style, but it's useless, I can't figure it anyway without seeing it as a totally hilarious result...

Edited by XRick

ThumbnailCAFVY02L.jpg

Just noticed how unoriginal this clothing set is. I mean, it's exactly like Tails except recoloured, and with longer shoes/the pair of wrist bands moved to the ankles. Also, he looks much more dinosaurian here. He doesn't even have a cute and curly tail.

About some people statements about the bad formula of anthropomorphic animals with realistic humans...

I'm pretty sure that those may be because of Sonic'06's terrible impressions that it left in them.

And so, then what about Sonic Fan Film? Will it be hated too, as it seems to have the same formula, when there were people here eager to see it when it's finished and ready to watch?

Edited by XRick

About some people statements about the bad formula of anthropomorphic animals with realistic humans...

I'm pretty sure that those may be because of Sonic'06's terrible impressions that it left in them.

And so, then what about Sonic Fan Film? Will it be hated too, as it seems to have the same formula, when there were people here eager to see it when it's finished and ready to watch?

Edited by Blue Blood

They just don't work together. It's not because of '06, it's because we think it looks bad regardless. '06 sucked royally, but hey I still like Silver. The fan film is a fan film that takes liberties of it's own. I don't like the direction they've gone with artistically but that doesn't mean I'll hate it. Some people like the realistic humans, some don't. That's all there is too it.

Edited by XRick

Name of the character: Eggman.

Appearance of the Classic design: An egg.

Appearance of the current design: An egg.

Appearance of the 06 design: A pregnant man.

It didn't scare me, it just looked incredibly awkward and stupid.

Honestly, how does 06' Eggman look pregnant to you? In comparison to his cartoon style, he looks far less like a pregnant man.

I think they did an excellent job of trying to transform an otherwise Mario-esque character with cartoonish elements into the image of a real human being while keeping the fat ratio on his frame proportioned. I think the whole idea is to make him a spitting image of his grandfather which the character is obviously influenced and slightly obsessed with.

The nipple suit, however, is a disaster. He could cure world hunger with those golden teats of injustice.

Honestly, how does 06' Eggman look pregnant to you? In comparison to his cartoon style, he looks far less like a pregnant man.

I think they did an excellent job of trying to transform an otherwise Mario-esque character with cartoonish elements into the image of a real human being while keeping the fat ratio on his frame proportioned. I think the whole idea is to make him a spitting image of his grandfather which the character is obviously influenced and slightly obsessed with.

I think exactly the same xD Eggman Nega IS the one case that his design should be a bit different from Eggman.

The nipple suit, however, is a disaster. He could cure world hunger with those golden teats of injustice.

I too prefer the golden buttons he have in his suit outside of 2006.

Edited by XRick

The only good thing about Young Gerald 2006 Robotnik was the reveal that he had perfectly normal eyes. And the cool techno rader in his glasses. But that's it.

But the bottle caps were the worst. Was all that Bowser-copying hard work making him thirsty?

Young Gerald 2006 Robotnik

LOL Good one, really! laugh.png

Was all that Bowser-copying hard work making him thirsty?

Sorry, I didn't get that one... Can you explain it better?

Edited by XRick

I was using my keen grey matter to correctly point out the detail that kidnapping the princess is all he does throughout the entire game.

Although that's not entirely true. Even in 2006 limbo, he still makes memes.