Awoo.

Should Tikal return?

Soniman

Shadow. The. Hedgehog.
Aside from the argument that nothing good happened by bringing him back, Shadow's "death" was far more ambiguous than Tikal's, which made his return more plausible than Tikal's would be.

What I'm saying is that if Sega can keep Shadow around why not Tikal? Essentially all the points you made about Tikal, Diogenes, also apply to Shadow. Not the best route but Sega took it none the less. So it's fair game in my book.

I'm not saying it's impossible to bring Tikal back, I'm saying it's a bad idea.

edit:

Essentially all the points you made about Tikal, Diogenes, also apply to Shadow.
Edited by Diogenes

Tikal happens to be one of my favorite Sonic characters. However, I don't see her coming back any time soon. She's pretty much gone unless they create some reincarnation of her... ^^;

... who became the series' Base Breaker for a reason.

Because of shitty character handling?

Because of shitty character handling?

Yep, precisely why I'm against the idea of Sonic Team bringing Tikal back... well, that and my personal disinterest for the character.

I personally think the SA2B cameo worked out pretty well for her, and if she pops up again in an equally non-intrusive manner then I certaintly wouldn't be against it. Though I'm all for bringing her back as the tutorial orb like someone else mentioned earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, precisely why I'm against the idea of Sonic Team bringing Tikal back... well, that and my personal disinterest for the character.

To be fair, the Sonic Team now is different from the one back then. I would certainly be against it too, but now that they're showing competence, I don't see them handling the character to the same disaster.

Of course, there's still actually working around the whole "She's dead angle". Shadow had much more wiggle room to be back than Tikal does, and you'd need to take some risks in the storytelling to use her again.

I don't think the idea is impossible, or implausible, just incredibly risky. But I'm pretty neutral on it overall, even though I actually liked the character.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Last time we saw Tikal was in sa2's multiplayer mode. So I doubt we're gonna see her again.

Then again I could be wrong since chaos has been showing up in games such as battle, Winter Olympics and the upcoming Generations. So you never know.

Edited by Johnny Boy

No, I personally don't think she should return. Mostly because I just don't like her, but I think since it was implied she was dead in SA (being similar to a ghost and all), I don't think she should return. Plus as someone said earlier, she was like Yacker, Chip, Shahra, etc. of that game. I wouldn't, however, be against her being a 2-player mode character again, or maybe (if there is one) being in the next SEGA Superstars game.

I just love how the first few posts were like- "She's dead."

She's dead in their universe literally, I mean she lives on as a spirit of the Master Emerald, but physically she ceases to exist. Also she served her purpose in calming down Chaos... I would much prefer not to bring Chaos back either.

Sonic Adventure ended nicely and the way it should. Let it rest in peace and not be disturbed.

(Also the Sonic comics attempted to bring back Tikal... in the form of Tikaos, some freaky hybrid of Tikal and Chaos gone horribly wrong. I think we should just end the revival there and focus on other characters... like Mighty the Armadillo. =P)

I actually found her appearance in SA2B to be a little humorous.

“I’m sooorry” *PUNCH*

But yeah, one of hundreds upon hundreds of characters fans are petitioning for spotlight.

It would be very hard to bring her back, and she pretty much served her purpose in SA1, so like everyone else is saying, no. I don`t think she should be brought back.

Well, she's one of my favourite characters. An awesome personality type, voiced by Kaori Asoh, really good design, and her theme is superb. Definitely we need more pacifists who apologize for beating you up. laugh.png

Death is no reason for not appearing in the Sonic series. Too many ridiculous things happen anyway.

I would also apreciate a cameo of Maria that wouldn't involve any angst. Just a cameo.

Loved Tikal, but it was take away from the impact of SA's story.

The only thing I could think that would make sense would be if she was brought back in Generations, OR if something happened to... Unseal? Chaos.

I'm not saying it's impossible to bring Tikal back, I'm saying it's a bad idea.

Looking from my proposed way of implementing her, I think it's a better idea than just crapping out even more new oneshot characters (Shara, Chip, etc.) whose only purpose is to be the tutorial character. Granted Tikal is also "just a tutorial character" but she was the first and the best one, and she really should have been the only one. I could see her as something as a "guardian angel" watching over the world, giving her wise advice to those in need. She's ultimately a good person and if she were to stick around she would be much more focused in terms of her role in the universe, unlike Shadow who's too busy deciding whether he wants to be good or evil to make any good post-Shadow the Hedgehog roles for himself.

Looking from my proposed way of implementing her, I think it's a better idea than just crapping out even more new oneshot characters (Shara, Chip, etc.) whose only purpose is to be the tutorial character. Granted Tikal is also "just a tutorial character" but she was the first and the best one, and she really should have been the only one. I could see her as something as a "guardian angel" watching over the world, giving her wise advice to those in need. She's ultimately a good person and if she were to stick around she would be much more focused in terms of her role in the universe, unlike Shadow who's too busy deciding whether he wants to be good or evil to make any good post-Shadow the Hedgehog roles for himself.

...Shadow knows what he wants. Really why would Tikal keep giving advice to people she's already helped in the past. No one is saying scrapping her(Even though she kind of already is), Dio is saying there's no reason for her to come back, at all, its not like her being a tutorial character would make much of a difference, there's no reason for her to be brought back.

and before you get on my case about Shadow, keep in mind that his death was more ambiguous, and was left open for interpretation. Tikal very cleary died, and found peace. and even though Shadow's comeback was terrible, he's pretty much found a firm place in the series.

She's ultimately a good person and if she were to stick around she would be much more focused in terms of her role in the universe, unlike Shadow who's too busy deciding whether he wants to be good or evil to make any good post-Shadow the Hedgehog roles for himself.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Nope. Unless the game calls for it, or the story does, it has no purpose. Bringing in characters for the sake of bringing in characters is pointless really, and often just damages their rep. I want to remember Tikal in a good way. I'll pass.

Seeing her back near the end of a game where she's sent by the gods to restore the Master Emerald's purity, or something like that ? Why not.

Everything else is a no-no.