Awoo.

A theory to explain Blaze's history

Koopalmier

So, Blaze.

That one character who caused problems in the Sonic timeline, alongside Eggman Nega.

She first appeared in Sonic Rush, where she's a princess in another dimension who's the guardian of the Sol Emeralds.

But then she appears in Sonic '06 where her history is completely different: she lives in Sonic's world and is born about 300 years in the future, where Iblis lava-ed the world. She's Silver only and best friend. But in the end, she gets sealed alongside Iblis in another dimension (hmm...). The entire story has been cancelled in the end, but Blaze wasn't there in the "End of the World" chapter, meaning she's really totally separated from Sonic's world's time and space now.

Here, the two most popular theories are that Blaze was reborn with Iblis inside her in another dimension, with Sonic '06's "retcon" not changing that because she's not linked to Sonic's world at all anymore.

Then Eggman Nega. He appeared in Rush too, where he came from Blaze's world and was apparently Eggman's counterpart. He wants Eggman to team up with him so that they can reunite the Chaos and Sol Emeralds to fuse both worlds - but he briefly mentions the reunited power of the two Emerald sets would be enough to destroy both worlds. Was it his plan from the start ?

Nega then appeared in Rivals, with his backstory changed similarly to Blaze. He's now Eggman's descendant from 300 years in the future (the good one, where Iblis didn't screw up everything) but he has major problems being seen as a serious scientist due to Eggman's failures (which apparently made him known in history for being the worst villain ever. Poor Eggman), so he goes back in the past and decides to change the timeline by taking over Eggman's place and taking over the world. A more normal plan than in Rush, hmm ? Oh, and Silver (the good future one) thinks he's suspcious and his after him. He doesn't mention Blaze or anything.

In Rush Adventure, we see the "alternate dimension" Nega again, with a crazier plan than before. This time, he's sure he wants to destroy everything. He tricks Eggman into thinking he's his ally, then proceeds to try to destroy the planet. But he's stopped.

In Rivals 2, another crazy plan from Nega: unleash the Ifrit (wait, that sounds similar) to destroy the world once and for all. But he ends up being sealed inside the Ifrit's dimension (.... wait, we're onto something).

So, here's what we have:

- Future World Blaze's soul got sealed in another dimension and became Other Dimension Blaze

- Future World Blaze and Other Dimension Blaze are two different peoples (... I mean, cats)

- Future Eggmen Nega went back in the past and got sealed inside Other Dimension Blaze's world

- Future Eggman Nega and Other Dimension Nega are two different... negas (or should I say nigg-*shot*)

But, there's that one theory people didn't think of.

Alternate timeline.

Blaze appears in Sonic Generations, as we all officially know.

The last mission of Crisis City Act 2 is called "Choose Canon" or something like that.

My theory:

There are two versions of the overrall timeline. In the timeline A, Sonic '06 happened (and was retconned) and Blaze is simply dead between worlds. The Sonic Rivals games happen too, and Eggman Nega ends up being stuck in the Ifrit's dimension, probably dieing there.

And in the timeline B, instead of Sonic '06, Sonic Rush happened. Then Rush Adventure. Colors DS isn't canon.

So, in the timeline A, Blaze and Nega are from the future, and both are pretty much dead.

And in the timeline B, Blaze and Nega are from another dimension, and both are alive and well (not sure for Nega though).

In Generations...

The Time Eater is fucking up with time. Like, all timelines. So timeline A and B cross each other in a bunch of nonsense. In Crisis City, you'll get to choose by yourself which one is canon.

It's just a theory, and I'm not supporting it. But, still, your thought ? What theory do you support anyway ?

Here's a more logical theory:

Blaze is still alive (06 never happened) and she's still with Silver.

Blaze (from Rush) instead of being a Sonic from an alternate world, is in fact, Blaze's (from the future) alternate counterpart from another dimension.

Rivals (1 & 2) Silver's future is never revealed, which means, it is possible that Blaze got left behind in the future while Silver went after Nega in the game. Also, each character recieved a card that had one of their friends trapped in them, at the end of their story. Ironicly, in the end of Silver's story of the first game, he got Blaze along with Nega after defeating him and managed to turn him into a card also.

The answer to all of this is that Blaze had an alternate ego all along, Rush's Blaze was never the same as the one from 06.

Edited by Sol_Silver

This topic grabbed my attention, and the "what if" side of 06' always stuck to my gaming heart. When I found a copy of Rush later, I began to wonder if that was set to happen before this nextgen encounter or after. It felt confusing, until I thought maybe time itself messed with Blaze. She could not recall the "what if" timeline till things were made right.

*Iblis Blaze.. so it makes sense how she gained her powers in Rush. But doesn't recall meeting Sonic.

Yet somehow Silver could make a difference in Generations.. open plot hole we have here.

As for Nega, we may never know cuz he can actually transport himself to many other worlds, and time travel. And he migth or might not have his own counterpart in an alternate world, he might not even be Eggman's descendant, but he might be infact an alternate.

In an alternate world, or in an alternate future, or maybe both, Eggman might have had a son.

Blaze: "Eww" wacko.png

Silver: "It's no use!"blink.png

Sonic: "That's no good!"huh.png

so it makes sense how she gained her powers in Rush.

She already had them in 06.

Edited by Sol_Silver

Its just to easy.

Transition theory (I call it the theory that says that Blaze in 06 went to Rush dimension and lived there losting meomory) is invalid.

Physics are sure that alternative dimensions exist and have different timelines becuse there can be the same time progression in all of them but space and anything else can be different.

If 06 was retckoned and Blaze was in other timeline she would simply come back to dimension A. Why? Well lets assume she and Iblis went to another dimension. If they were reborn then Iblis would basically destroy the world. As we know Blaze isnt capable of sealing Iblis permamently. It isnt destroyed and Iblis isnt with her so Its not the same Blaze.

And here comes 2 Blaze theory.

Now lets assume that the world we know from SRA is distant future. Lets say that its year 2200 in world of SRA and year 2000 in Sonic timeline.

Bassicaly there are 2 Blazes and 2 Negas (maybe even 2 Silvers but we dont know it same for Marine). Now lets look at their differences.

Rush Nega is simply CRAZY! There is no other word to describe it. He is freaking crazy mad scientist that want to destroy everything.

-Future Nega tried to be scientist but went mad after he discovered his ancestors past. It was simply bunch of failures and everyone in future were pointing at him saying "look its someone from Robotnik family" and laughed. He wanted to change the past but Silver (probably as some kind of agent) needed to stop him from creating paradox

Nega dont like future->Nega go to past->Nega change it.

And then timeline is changed so he never had reason to change the past in the first place. Those things can simply destroy timeline.

So Future Nega wanted to be normal scientist but became Future Villian unlike Rush Nega who was simply crazy.

Now lets take a look at Blazes:

-Rush Blaze is shy.

-Future Blaze in some scenes of 06 is very confident.

They are simply different persons (cats :) )

So yeah I think there are 2 Blazes and I hope Generations will prove it.

PS Oh and nice catch Sol_Silver! I completly forgot Silver got her card at the end. That also can support 2 Blazes theory.

Its just to easy.

Transition theory (I call it the theory that says that Blaze in 06 went to Rush dimension and lived there losting meomory) is invalid.

Physics are sure that alternative dimensions exist and have different timelines becuse there can be the same time progression in all of them but space and anything else can be different.

If 06 was retckoned and Blaze was in other timeline she would simply come back to dimension A. Why? Well lets assume she and Iblis went to another dimension. If they were reborn then Iblis would basically destroy the world. As we know Blaze isnt capable of sealing Iblis permamently. It isnt destroyed and Iblis isnt with her so Its not the same Blaze.

What ? Blaze is capable of sealing Iblis permanently. Silver isn't, he's not a good enough host. Also, Iblis gave her stronger fire powers, and she's somewhat ashamed by these powers, probably because of an inner instinct.

It was pretty clear that Blaze and Iblis became a single being, with Blaze's soul being a host to Iblis' power. Then she (they) were sent to another dimension in a way that'd completely erase her from Sonic's world. It's also been said very clearly that she's from another dimension.

Blaze is sealed in another dimension in Sonic '06 (and the retcon didn't change that). Nega is sealed in another dimension in Sonic Rivals 2. I'm pretty sure that's to make a link between Sonic '06, the Rush series and the Rivals series.

As for Nega, we may never know cuz he can actually transport himself to many other worlds, and time travel. And he migth or might not have his own counterpart in an alternate world, he might not even be Eggman's descendant, but he might be infact an alternate.

In an alternate world, or in an alternate future, or maybe both, Eggman might have had a son.

Blaze: "Eww" wacko.png

Silver: "It's no use!"blink.png

Sonic: "That's no good!"huh.png

She already had them in 06.

If Eggman doesn't have children yet, I'd assume he'd make a clone of himself to be sure his genius would keep living forever.

And Blaze has fire powers in '06 but they're nowhere as important as in Rush and Rush Adventure.

*Iblis Blaze.. so it makes sense how she gained her powers in Rush. But doesn't recall meeting Sonic.

Yet somehow Silver could make a difference in Generations.. open plot hole we have here.

We don't know how it'll go in Generations.

What ? Blaze is capable of sealing Iblis permanently. Silver isn't, he's not a good enough host. Also, Iblis gave her stronger fire powers, and she's somewhat ashamed by these powers, probably because of an inner instinct.

It was pretty clear that Blaze and Iblis became a single being, with Blaze's soul being a host to Iblis' power. Then she (they) were sent to another dimension in a way that'd completely erase her from Sonic's world. It's also been said very clearly that she's from another dimension.

Blaze is sealed in another dimension in Sonic '06 (and the retcon didn't change that). Nega is sealed in another dimension in Sonic Rivals 2. I'm pretty sure that's to make a link between Sonic '06, the Rush series and the Rivals series.

If Eggman doesn't have children yet, I'd assume he'd make a clone of himself to be sure his genius would keep living forever.

And Blaze has fire powers in '06 but they're nowhere as important as in Rush and Rush Adventure.

We don't know how it'll go in Generations.

"Now. Make it quick! Use your Chaos Control! To stop time! Then... Seal us into a different dimension!" Why to heck would she want to be sealed if she could held Iblis permamently like Elise? She obviously cant do it.

Her fire powers in 06 were as important as in Rush. Every possible skill that she has in this game excluding fang attack and single jump is fire using.

I stilk think there are 2 Blazes. That just makes it easier and simplier.

Well, i gave my shot at giving well analyzed theory.

If you all wanna keep plucking your hairs off, then by all means, be my guest.rolleyes.gif

"Now. Make it quick! Use your Chaos Control! To stop time! Then... Seal us into a different dimension!" Why to heck would she want to be sealed if she could held Iblis permamently like Elise? She obviously cant do it.

Her fire powers in 06 were as important as in Rush. Every possible skill that she has in this game excluding fang attack and single jump is fire using.

I stilk think there are 2 Blazes. That just makes it easier and simplier.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. NOW I CAN ACTUALLY DEBATE, WA HA HA.

... um.

I always assumed it meant that for her to be able to keep Iblis inside her, her body had to be destroyed and recrated in another world.

It's me or you just add little stuff to what I've said on PSo ?

I think Blaze exists in the two timelines we can found when thinking seriously.

TIMELINE 1: She's a princess and also an emeralds guardian from another dimension we discovered in Rush and Rush Adventure. She has her fire power since her childhood and there's apparently no Silver in this dimension or they haven't met yet.

TIMELINE 2: Blaze exist in the 2006 future but because it never happened, her existence have been modified or perhaps erased du to her existence maybe 'caused because of some event linked to the fact that the future was destroyed. In this case, she may doesn't know Silver (in the case in he also exist himself for the same seasons). Her power came from the fact that people in this future are sometimes born with powers du to the apocalyptic conditions. But there's a detail that is noticed by everyone: she seems to recognize Sonic when they talk about the "blue hedgehog" making probably a link between 2006 and Rush that we could associate to the fact she seals herself in another dimension at the end of Silver' Story. It could also be the fact that she sealed herself that explain she was not stuck into Solaris dimension for the final fight.

So, for me, Blaze existence could be explained for thoses reaons:

- She cames from her Rush dimension and it seem to be easy to travel between dimension in Sonic's world.

- She has an alternate universe counterpart.

- She exist whatever we think 'cause SEGA clean it ass with coherence and just want to impose a character.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. NOW I CAN ACTUALLY DEBATE, WA HA HA.

... um.

I always assumed it meant that for her to be able to keep Iblis inside her, her body had to be destroyed and recrated in another world.

I think we are overthinking things a bit here. ST wilk probably just state that either there are 2 Blazes or that Rush Blaze somehow visited future.

Now to continue discussion we must state ince and for all. Do we consider Colors DS canon?

TIMELINE 1: She's a princess and also an emeralds guardian from another dimension we discovered in Rush and Rush Adventure. She has her fire power since her childhood and there's apparently no Silver in this dimension or they haven't met yet.

TIMELINE 2: Blaze exist in the 2006 future but because it never happened, her existence have been modified or perhaps erased du to her existence maybe 'caused because of some event linked to the fact that the future was destroyed. In this case, she may doesn't know Silver (in the case in he also exist himself for the same seasons). Her power came from the fact that people in this future are sometimes born with powers du to the apocalyptic conditions. But there's a detail that is noticed by everyone: she seems to recognize Sonic when they talk about the "blue hedgehog" making probably a link between 2006 and Rush that we could associate to the fact she seals herself in another dimension at the end of Silver' Story. It could also be the fact that she sealed herself that explain she was not stuck into Solaris dimension for the final fight.

- She cames from her Rush dimension and it seem to be easy to travel between dimension in Sonic's world.

- She exist whatever we think 'cause SEGA clean it ass with coherence and just want to impose a character.

While I am still 2 Blaze supporter I heard other theory that can add something to yours.

We know that Sol/Chaos Emeralds transport Chars. Beetwen dimensions if something bad is bound to happen right?

What if we assume that Blaze in 06 is Blaze that is after Rushes but Sonic in 06 is the Sonic that dont know her yet? Emeralds simply transported her to Sonic world future where she found Silver or Silver helped her (not important) and at the end of his story she ask him to use Chaos Control to transport her to other dimension.

Maybe she Can seal Iblis permamently but she simply wanted to come back to her world? Heck maybe Blaze is the only one who remember 06?

I just want a Blaze where she isn't paired with Silver and a Silver that isn't paired up with Blaze. I like my characters to work independently, so that goes for you too Tails, Sonic, Rouge, Shadow, and Amy. Actually the only one's I would see them paired up would be Sonic with Blaze and Shadow with Amy.

Eh, but that's just me...

I don't really go on PSoF anymore. Sorry if I "ripped off" some of your ideas, that wasn't on purpose.

I was also thining of '06 Blaze being Rush Blaze being in Sonic's world before the story would be cancelled and Rush would happen. Maybe that both worlds became a single one after Elise's death ? Now to know why...

I think we are overthinking things a bit here. ST wilk probably just state that either there are 2 Blazes or that Rush Blaze somehow visited future.

Now to continue discussion we must state ince and for all. Do we consider Colors DS canon?

Overthinking ? I don't think that's overthinking it. It could be worse, like '06 Blaze being Rush Blaze and Rush happening before '06 for instance.

And Colors DS is as much canon as Colors Wii. Same writers, set in the same world... Both are actual canon sources, honestly.

Tails points out Blaze and Silver must've been partners in another life or something, and there's a nod to Rivals 2 and Rush Adventure. I still think Blaze and Nega being sealed in another world is SEGA's way to somewhat fix the issue.

I just want a Blaze where she isn't paired with Silver and a Silver that isn't paired up with Blaze. I like my characters to work independently, so that goes for you too Tails, Sonic, Rouge, Shadow, and Amy. Actually the only one's I would see them paired up would be Sonic with Blaze and Shadow with Amy.

Eh, but that's just me...

Colors DS and Generations let me believe they'll become partners again but it'll work differently than in '06 for obvious reasons.

Edited by Koopalmier

My theory is, Sonic '06 is stupid and Blaze comes from an alternate dimension. End of story :V

• Thumbs Up 5

Colors DS and Generations let me believe they'll become partners again but it'll work differently than in '06 for obvious reasons.

.....Damn you, SEGA. :|

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the other dimension that Nega ended up in a fiery hellhole? Which, according to SRA, Blaze's world is very much not.

This is basically nonsense. Honestly I've yet to hear any reasoning for '06 Blaze to become Rush Blaze by her sealing herself in another dimension that isn't so illogical the only way it could pass is by author fiat, and none of us have that power.

And Colors DS is as much canon as Colors Wii. Same writers, set in the same world... Both are actual canon sources, honestly.
I don't buy it. They aren't two separate events (Eggman certainly didn't pull the exact same "interstellar amusement park as a front for an alien harvesting and mind control ray" plan twice), but they aren't the same event either (as evidenced by the different events, such as the true final boss).

edit:

Generations leads me to believe they won't, actually. At least not within Generations, who knows what crazy shit they'll do afterwards.

Blaze is a friend to be saved, Silver is a rival fight. Blaze is at the party, Silver isn't. I don't really expect them to interact in any way.

/edit

But there's a detail that is noticed by everyone: she seems to recognize Sonic when they talk about the "blue hedgehog"
The word used in the Japanese version can mean either "blue" or "naive". Blaze isn't thinking about a blue hedgehog, she's thinking about a naive hedgehog. That is, Silver. Edited by Diogenes

All of this is bullshit, Blaze is from an Alternate Dimension, end of story. Her and Silver probably don't know each other, They're not together, they don't remember each other.

06 was a stupid, poorly written piece of shit, it wrote itself out of the continuity ok? It didn't happen, there are no two Blazes, there's just one and she's the one we met from Rush.

The Rivals and Rush series probably follow two completely different timelines, one where Silver exist and Nega is from the future, and one where Blaze exist and Nega is from the same dimension as him.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Or you know, we could always just realize that Sega was having a field day with Nextgen and somehow shoehorned Blaze in, even if she had very little relevance to anything. How is she supposed to be princess of an alternate dimension if she was always in the future and then teleported to an alternate dimension afterward?

Just fogeddaboutit. Blaze is from an alternate dimension. Sonic just brought stuff up between Blaze and Silver because he vaguely remembers shenanigans.

• Thumbs Up 3

Or you know, we could always just realize that Sega was having a field day with Nextgen and somehow shoehorned Blaze in, even if she had very little relevance to anything. How is she supposed to be princess of an alternate dimension if she was always in the future and then teleported to an alternate dimension afterward?

Just fogeddaboutit. Blaze is from an alternate dimension. Sonic just brought stuff up between Blaze and Silver because he vaguely remembers shenanigans.

Because people want to pair Silver with Blaze so badly that they're trying to find any justification for it, when there isn't one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the other dimension that Nega ended up in a fiery hellhole? Which, according to SRA, Blaze's world is very much not.

Couldn't it have been a volcanic area of Blaze's world ?

This is basically nonsense.

emoluigiplz.gif

Honestly I've yet to hear any reasoning for '06 Blaze to become Rush Blaze by her sealing herself in another dimension that isn't so illogical the only way it could pass is by author fiat, and none of us have that power.

Blaze is sealed in another world, where she's reborn as a princess. Where's the problem ?

I don't buy it. They aren't two separate events (Eggman certainly didn't pull the exact same "interstellar amusement park as a front for an alien harvesting and mind control ray" plan twice), but they aren't the same event either (as evidenced by the different events, such as the true final boss).

When did I say both events were separate or the same ? Both are canon sources, you just have to source which one is part of the canon (not that it matters).

Generations leads me to believe they won't, actually. At least not within Generations, who knows what crazy shit they'll do afterwards.

Blaze is a friend to be saved, Silver is a rival fight. Blaze is at the party, Silver isn't. I don't really expect them to interact in any way.

Both are encountered at Crisis City, at least.

Because people want to pair Silver with Blaze so badly that they're trying to find any justification for it, when there isn't one.

Where did you see that ?

Edited by Koopalmier

Where did you see that ?

Why else would you try to justify this? The simple answer is: 06 erased itself, therefore everything in that game never happened. The handhelds follow a different continuity and there Blaze is from an Alt. Dimension.

See there's no crackpot theories behind it.

Why else would you try to justify this? The simple answer is: 06 erased itself, therefore everything in that game never happened. The handhelds follow a different continuity and there Blaze is from an Alt. Dimension.

See there's no crackpot theories behind it.

Why We want to justify this? Well because its part of series. 06 was bad written (in terms of plotholes) but is part of series.

Handelds dont follow different continuity. If they would then Blaze wont exist in series at all. Rivals and Rushes are part of canon heck if I remember right Sonic Channel (or some other official site) states that Silver met Sonic for first time TWICE! Once in 06 and then in Rivals.

Couldn't it have been a volcanic area of Blaze's world ?
Wasn't it a ruined city?

Blaze is sealed in another world, where she's reborn as a princess. Where's the problem ?
Through what mechanics is she "reborn"? How is she erased yet not erased? And how is any of this backed up by the games?

When did I say both events were separate or the same ? Both are canon sources, you just have to source which one is part of the canon (not that it matters).
Either two things are the same thing, or two things are different things. The two Colorses are neither two different events nor one single event, so they can't both be true.

Both are encountered at Crisis City, at least.
Are they?

Blaze shows up in the mission list, but Silver doesn't. And Metal Sonic isn't in Chemical Plant, so I don't see why Silver would be in Crisis City.

Why We want to justify this? Well because its part of series. 06 was bad written (in terms of plotholes) but is part of series.

But it didn't happen.

I know that doesn't justify why Blaze was in Silver's world/time to begin with, but I think the ending was Sega making a good enough excuse to just forget any of this ever happened.

Edited by Azukara

It retconned itself out. Its part of the series, but not the continuity, meaning nothing that happened in this game holds any water at all.

Handelds dont follow different continuity. If they would then Blaze wont exist in series at all. Rivals and Rushes are part of canon heck if I remember right Sonic Channel (or some other official site) states that Silver met Sonic for first time TWICE! Once in 06 and then in Rivals.

Except she does. She was introduced in the handheld continuity so obviously she does exist. Rivals & Rush are canon to the handheld continuity, not the main console one. They both probably follow two completely different timelines just like how the Zelda series follows two timelines after Ocarina of Time.

He technically did meet him twice, but in two continiuities, one has nothing to do with the other.