Awoo.

Activision milks the cow

Patticus

D@mn that's alot and I thought Gh1-4 would be enough.

Activision Files Patent for Sing Hero

Activision is up to its old tricks again. This time, they've applied for a patent on the name Sing Hero. This probably suggests a standalone karaoke game that's at least in the planning stages over at Activision.

This doesn't necessarily mean that a game will materialize. We still haven't seen Drum Hero announced. I don't like the name "Sing Hero" because that'd be like calling Guitar Hero, "Music Hero".

Additionally, this all seems incredibly redundant. Don't I already own what Sing Hero would be if I just play the vocal track on Guitar Hero: World Tour (well, Rock Band 2, let's not kid ourselves)? If anything, this would probably be a release targeted to the UK, where SingStar reigns supreme.

I'm sure a new game would add more features and allow more than one person to sing at a time for some duet action, but I really don't see the need. Activision, however, sees the greed. Zing.

More from the franchise whore.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strong Bad

• Gabz Girl

• AdventChild

• Eternal EX

I just want to know what the controller for DJ hero will look like.

Also where is my Tuba Hero!

(with the best controller ever, if it's made out of metal)

Even I found that to be in bad taste.

Bad taste??

I think it's hilarious :lol: then again I'm kinda twisted and have a weird sense of humor. I can laugh with everything. And that one almost made fall off my chair.

And come on Flint Van Halen ain't bad. Especially his stuff with David Lee Roth was awesome. Then I again I love me some good old 80's rock/metal as much as I like my black and death metal stuff and all that.

I'll get the Metallica one for sure though I'm not to sure about the Van Halen one just yet. That one will really have to have a lot of stuff with David Lee Roth or I probably won't get it.

Anyone who has read Activision's past statements shouldn't be surprised by this. They have openly stated that they only take games that have the potential to have a yearly version. Furthermore, they have said in regards to GH that their goal is to make 3-4 GH games per year, with one of them being a 'mainline' title, and the rest focused on a particular band.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? I guess they didn't learn from Tony Hawk or anything.

I baught every Tony Hawk game from No 2 all the way up to American Wasteland, before it went to Project 8 and I didnt have a console for it (Gamecube/wii).

On topic...I baught GH: Aerosmith for my Wii, soley because I finished and raped GH:3...and just wanted more music...same with GH:WT, which i'm still yet to finish because truthfully, I cant be fecked.

I'll be buying metallica, regardless of whether I'll play it, mainly because I know a shut load of the songs..but the Van Halen version isnt on my ToDo list...

Possible this GH:WT3..but only if I know the majority of the songs...

Am I and Strong Bad the only ones psyched for a Metallica and Van Halen themed game?!

I honestly cannot wait to bust out the live version of Dreams from the Power and Balance tour (if it is on... I hope to fuck it is)

As for the complaining of why Van Halen or Metallica?

They are both synonymous with the invention of rock for every generation. Van Halen was 70's, 80's.

Metallica was 80's 90's...

That and they have a bigger fan base than most rock bands? Anyone remember seeing the line for the Van Halen tour in the early 90's? Shit was big.

I'm amped. At least you can recognize the tunes. The whole point of these bands are because you know them and you can sing along to them. As Guitar Hero 4 proved, no one wants to sing, riff or smash drum to shitty indie/emo bands no one has ever heard of because you don't know the song. The whole point of the karaoke system in Guitar Hero is familiarity. Having Indie bands on is just retarded.

Hey if you're into washed-out cock rock and hair metal, feel free to enjoy the games!

And if you're into talking trash for no other reason than to insult someones tastes, feel free to gtfo thread!

I'm personally psyched for the Metallica game more than the Van Halen one. Don't get me wrong, if Eruption is in I'm going to get an erection from playing it, but I'm more familiar with Metallica and I like the singer more.

Van Halen is way too good, though.

Hawkz, let us make love by the river bank, as an improvisational rock soundtrack is played in the background.

Van Halen is known for being 'guitar music'

LOL I guess you forgot "Jump" and it's overtly raped synth lead!!!! :P

As the Guitar Hero thing they are bound to cash in on its sucesss, they will suck those Aerosmith groupies titties dry.... :lol:

This is really excessive. It makes my head hurt when I read it, it is really overwhelming! Gah!

Have fun, all of ya Hero lovers.

accordion-hero.jpg

That would actually work really well... :0 And I'd totally play it too! *thinks accordions are hilariousity*

If they made this a reality...

cowbellhero.gif

... I would probably buy it.

Yeah it would need more Christopher Walken though to buy me into it!!!! ;):lol:

cowbell.gif

Moar Cowbell!!!!

Am I and Strong Bad the only ones psyched for a Metallica and Van Halen themed game?!

I'm kinda looking forward to Metallica.

D@mn that's alot and I thought Gh1-4 would be enough.

Activision Files Patent for Sing Hero

More from the franchise whore.

Oh dear god. And I thought some of Segas recent ideas were crazy.

Anyone who has read Activision's past statements shouldn't be surprised by this. They have openly stated that they only take games that have the potential to have a yearly version. Furthermore, they have said in regards to GH that their goal is to make 3-4 GH games per year, with one of them being a 'mainline' title, and the rest focused on a particular band.

This isnt whoring off the franchise at all.

The main reason these games sell is because the casuals. Kill the casuals!

R.I.P. in peace, cow. :( And to think people complained about Microsoft milking Halo...

To those people, get off your high horse. The Halo series consists of:

Halo: Combat Evolved: 2001: Bungie

Halo 2: 2004: Bungie

Halo 3: 2007: Bungie

Halo Wars: 2009: Ensemble

That's four games in eight years since the original shipped in 2001. ODST is expansion DLC to Halo 3 and not a separate game. If that's milking then what the hell is Sonic?

A big lol at Activision. There are more Guitar Heroes than I can shake a stick at...all coming out the same year. Well, as long as people keep buying it, props to them for exploiting an audience. The charm is going to wear out sometime though.

You think it won't be long til Activision would create a GH that is like this?

toy-g_Disney_Mix_DDR_1.JPG

or

ddr-mario.jpg

You get the picture. Though funny if there was a Sonic GH with more Crush 40 songs but eh.

You get the picture. Though funny if there was a Sonic GH with more Crush 40 songs but eh.

I hope sega/activision never does that. If that happen and the songs sucked, well lets just say not only will there be angry GH fans :angry:

To those people, get off your high horse. The Halo series consists of:

Halo: Combat Evolved: 2001: Bungie

Halo 2: 2004: Bungie

Halo 3: 2007: Bungie

Halo Wars: 2009: Ensemble

That's four games in eight years since the original shipped in 2001. ODST is expansion DLC to Halo 3 and not a separate game. If that's milking then what the hell is Sonic?

Agreed! I mentioned this in this topic back on the first page xD!

I can't wait to see though what the next fad in games will be, since music games are getting a little tiring imo. We should make a game about making a game, it'd be awesome. Or like I saw somewhere once (might've been The Onion), World of World of Warcraft XD