Awoo.

If you were the boss off Sonic Team and were told to reboot Sonic, what would you do?

thedude2011

Going with the topic at hand.

If I was the boss of Sonic Team and if I was told to make a reboot first thing I would do is slap the person who told me in the first place with Sonic Colors saying "here's your goddammed reboot" and explain why its a bad idea.

After all I am the boss. tongue.gif

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

After all I am the boss. tongue.gif

Haha, I hadn't thought of it that way. In that case, I would put some more hints for Rouge/Knuckles into the story in the future. I kind of miss giggling when I realized they liked eachother.

Edited by Chaos Walker

Haha, I hadn't thought of it that way. In that case, I would put some more hints for Rouge/Knuckles into the story in the future. I kind of miss giggling when I realized they liked eachother.

This!

Honestly, I'd make the characters, the characters interactions, and the world they live in have a bit more depth.

Because that's what I believe the games are seriously lacking, to prove my point Sonic Team are taking a far back seat on story lately, and I really don't like it at all. Because they are basically listening to the critics, with "Subtraction is Addition!" Instead of taking a step back to be creative with the Sonic cast, and the environment around them, they are just making levels and put some story to connect them.

"Okay, Sonic Colors is nearly done, how are we implementing the story?"

"We need very little characters since this is for kids, they don't care about story much, so maybe...1 or 3 characters this time around? Maybe 2 Little others for this game as well."

"How about the humor? I was thinking we could put a few lines for Sonic pushing jokes, kids love that, maybe some humor with Eggman too. But let's make it a little serious at the very end, but the rest of the game will be nice, fun, and light."

"Alright, we're done I think. Let's get started."

And honestly, that isn't enough for me. I want to be immersed into Sonic's world, I want to care and like all of the current characters you have to offer us. All the while having them remember to socialize with more than their comfort zone for once. (You can not say you want to see Vector and Rouge in a quarrel. Although that might ignite some shipping...forget about it.) I want to see Tails get in a conflict with Shadow, I want to see Knuckles interact with the chaotix, Sonic hang around with another group of his friends that he usually doesn't talk to.

Why limit the amount of appearing characters by the ones that can work into the gameplay? That is a complete waste. Give the playable characters interactions with other characters that aren't playable instead, that way, you'll be able to have a good amount playable, but still have all the characters in the Game Canon there around for the party.

I know this isn't exactly a reboot of the Game Series in general, but rather, a reboot of the plot direction. Because no Sonic game has reached that level of universal atmosphere that it is clearly capable of. With bright colorful worlds, characters with unlimited potential, the voices of the characters themselves, while needing work, can really make the characters shine their brightest with the right writing and script.

I know gameplay is the thing that matters most, but if you're gonna give me a story for Sonic, I really expect so much more from the Game Series. It's a bit strange that the comics can establish probably 6x more characters then the Game Series, but the game characters get all the hate? It isn't their fault that they have choppy scripts and iffy voice direction. The characters get hated because that's how Sonic Team set them up, but there are still fans of at least most of the characters.

These fans like the characters because they see the potential in them, the possibilities are endless with each and every character in this series. Sonic Team just have to let them shine!

So, yeah... If I was the boss of Sonic Team, the only thing I'd probably reboot is the Plot and Story direction. Because honestly, I feel that the Sonic Game Series should be surpassing any Comic, Animation, (Such as the Sonic OVA,) and anything else. It's certainly possible, the potential is there, I've said all of this before, and I'll say it again. Sonic Team just have to let Sonic's world shine.

If I were to Reboot Sonic...

Well first off, I'd change Sonic's color to brown. Everybody should know that Real is Brown, ESPECIALLY in Sonic's case. We need more realism in video games in order to contrast the obviously fake Call of Duty and Battlefield Franchises, so therefore, Sonic will be the exact size of a real hedgehog, will move like a real hedgehog, and will NOT talk, as a real hedgehog cannot talk.

With this said, that Speedy BOOST gameplay has GOT to go. Everybody knows that Sonic started out slow and real hedgehogs can't move that fast. So instead, we'll give him an RPG-like Gameplay with Resident Evil Tank-like Controls and Pre-Rendered Graphic Environments in order to enhance the beauty of Zones like Crysis City, Westopolis and Lethal Highway. This game will also involve an intense amount of Level Grinding, so prepare for a lot of random encounters.

Next, I'll hire the most insane writers for video games to create the most dark and complex story the hedgehog will have ever seen. Gochi Suda and Hideo Kojima will be on the production team alongside with the Madworld Team creating the most deep and complex story arc the fanbase itself will ever see. Oh, did I mention that the reboot will be a part of a triple trilogy of 9 games, all of which required in order to understand what's going on?

Finally, the game will feature a huge cast of completely original characters. Why bother working on Character Development on characters like Tails, Silver, and Big when we can just create new edgier ones? Such characters will no longer exist in favor of newer characters like Original the Character - Do Not Steal. We know the fanbase is important, so we'll hold contests to see how many recolor- erm, Original Characters fans can create for the new game.

With that said, I'm going to find a safe place to hide away in for a week or two, hope that I can come back to this site in peace and that everybody realizes that I'm just kidding around with this post... ^.^

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
]Mr. Myers here has literally posted most of what I'd do if given the chance. I'd also terminate Crush 40, and have Cash-Cash compose music in place of singing.

I stopped reading at "I'd also terminate Crush 40".

The first game would be based off of Sonic CD very loosely. I'd buy full rights to You Can Do Anything if it'd kill me or involve killing others.

Ah, but back on track. This game would involve Sonic the Hedgehog and his best friend Miles "Tails" Prower who convienently know each other on their quest to save Little Planet from the evil Doctor Eggman. Eggman's ultimate goal would be to turn all organic life on the planet into robots because it'd be best for the future. Sonic would fight him for no other reason than feeling morally obligated. Early on in the game, Amy'd show up and be kidnapped by the Egg Elite, a team consisting of the ultra-powerful Metal Sonic, Tails Doll (batshit insane for the fans BD), Mecha Knuckles, and Android Shadow (no one would question who it's based off of and Shadow's real reveal would spiral Android into mental chaos with him emerging as ShtH angsty Shadow. He would be killed off soon after). Sonic would collect the 7 Time Stones with the help of the treasure hunter Knuckles the Echidna, and a reaction between the Master Emerald, Sonic's pure heart, and the Time Stones would transform into the Chaos Emeralds at the end of the game and Sonic'd go Super in order to destroy Metal Sonic and save a much less annoying Amy.

That would be the premise for the story. Developements in later games would invole Sonic and co. trying their best to destroy the Egg Elite so they could stage an assault on the Space Colony ARK, Eggman's enherited base. More characters would appear over time. Cream would be an early addition to the team after having her butt saved early on in the first classic game (more on gameplay division later). Blaze, Marine, and Silver would be from a future in which Eggman has won. Chaotix as a team would never come back, sorry. Espio and Mighty would come back as treasure hunters who are old friends with Knux. G-Mel and Shadow would both come back as Egg Elites for all of two seconds before switching sides. Chaos would be a recurring character who would be hellbent on taking the Chaos Emeralds and possibly sabatoging the efforts of Sonic and co. OR Eggman in the process. Mecha Sonic would step in as leader of the Egg Elite in place of Metal Sonic in the second game.

All characters would have slight redesigns to resemble the CD artstyle.

Boost gameplay would remain on the HD consoles and PC. The games' plot would remain one-shot centric and usually deal with Eggman himself moreso than his forces, although he would be very present in all the games. Still Sonic only, but the 2D would be completely killed off and Modern Sky Sancuary would be considered a medium fast stage by the new standards. Classic-style games would be multi-handheld and include iOS, Android, and whatever the heck else. They'd be relevant to the overall plot unlike the boost games but they'd still have the act 1-2 setup and the story would be told through in-stage cutscenes which would not be present if the stage is played through Stage Select/Time Trial. Everyone would have the Generations spam dash and Sonic would have the Super Peel-Out which would be faster uphill and could activate treadmill switches. Tails would fly like in the gamegear stages because i said so. Characters not present in the story would be free DLC and playable Egg Elite would be cheapish DLC.

The main gameplay would be classic Sonic physics in 3D (WITH SA2 ACCELERATION AND TURNING *shot*) with a few elements borrowed from the Adventure games. Characters would play as variations of Sonic like my handheld games and S3&K. There would be a HUGE freeroaming hub with all sortsa "skatepark geography" and bosses would apear as the plot called upon them.

SatBK writers would be here to stay as the writers for the entire series.

Jun Senoune would have a lot of freedom and be in charge of the music department.

Iizuka'd stick around to direct the boost games because they'd be left fairly sameish as now anyhow. And i stole his job, i owe him. I'd also extend the offer to Diogenes to direct the classic-style games. I'd be personally responsible for the "main" 3D games, and they would be for the Nintendo home console of the time usually. I'm sure no one would mind.

There'd be a series of on-foot racers that played like the Modern stages and the main series combined, and it would be a multi-platform release for everything ever. Tis all i need to say about that.

I imagine the rebooted story alone would cause chaos among the fanbase. Platform decisions- namely the main series games being Nintendo-exclusive- would begin my headhunt. I would flee to Europe and burn my face off shortly thereafter and a deboot would undo all my work. It would stay alive as a distant memory in the form of sprite animation and fanfiction during my exile as the series tumbled back into 06 chaos...

AND IT'D HAVE CHAO!

/long post

The first game would be based off of Sonic CD very loosely. I'd buy full rights to You Can Do Anything if it'd kill me or involve killing others.

Ah, but back on track. This game would involve Sonic the Hedgehog and his best friend Miles "Tails" Prower who convienently know each other on their quest to save Little Planet from the evil Doctor Eggman. Eggman's ultimate goal would be to turn all organic life on the planet into robots because it'd be best for the future. Sonic would fight him for no other reason than feeling morally obligated. Early on in the game, Amy'd show up and be kidnapped by the Egg Elite, a team consisting of the ultra-powerful Metal Sonic, Tails Doll (batshit insane for the fans BD), Mecha Knuckles, and Android Shadow (no one would question who it's based off of and Shadow's real reveal would spiral Android into mental chaos with him emerging as ShtH angsty Shadow. He would be killed off soon after). Sonic would collect the 7 Time Stones with the help of the treasure hunter Knuckles the Echidna, and a reaction between the Master Emerald, Sonic's pure heart, and the Time Stones would transform into the Chaos Emeralds at the end of the game and Sonic'd go Super in order to destroy Metal Sonic and save a much less annoying Amy.

That would be the premise for the story. Developements in later games would invole Sonic and co. trying their best to destroy the Egg Elite so they could stage an assault on the Space Colony ARK, Eggman's enherited base. More characters would appear over time. Cream would be an early addition to the team after having her butt saved early on in the first classic game (more on gameplay division later). Blaze, Marine, and Silver would be from a future in which Eggman has won. Chaotix as a team would never come back, sorry. Espio and Mighty would come back as treasure hunters who are old friends with Knux. G-Mel and Shadow would both come back as Egg Elites for all of two seconds before switching sides. Chaos would be a recurring character who would be hellbent on taking the Chaos Emeralds and possibly sabatoging the efforts of Sonic and co. OR Eggman in the process. Mecha Sonic would step in as leader of the Egg Elite in place of Metal Sonic in the second game.

All characters would have slight redesigns to resemble the CD artstyle.

Boost gameplay would remain on the HD consoles and PC. The games' plot would remain one-shot centric and usually deal with Eggman himself moreso than his forces, although he would be very present in all the games. Still Sonic only, but the 2D would be completely killed off and Modern Sky Sancuary would be considered a medium fast stage by the new standards. Classic-style games would be multi-handheld and include iOS, Android, and whatever the heck else. They'd be relevant to the overall plot unlike the boost games but they'd still have the act 1-2 setup and the story would be told through in-stage cutscenes which would not be present if the stage is played through Stage Select/Time Trial. Everyone would have the Generations spam dash and Sonic would have the Super Peel-Out which would be faster uphill and could activate treadmill switches. Tails would fly like in the gamegear stages because i said so. Characters not present in the story would be free DLC and playable Egg Elite would be cheapish DLC.

The main gameplay would be classic Sonic physics in 3D (WITH SA2 ACCELERATION AND TURNING *shot*) with a few elements borrowed from the Adventure games. Characters would play as variations of Sonic like my handheld games and S3&K. There would be a HUGE freeroaming hub with all sortsa "skatepark geography" and bosses would apear as the plot called upon them.

SatBK writers would be here to stay as the writers for the entire series.

Jun Senoune would have a lot of freedom and be in charge of the music department.

Iizuka'd stick around to direct the boost games because they'd be left fairly sameish as now anyhow. And i stole his job, i owe him. I'd also extend the offer to Diogenes to direct the classic-style games. I'd be personally responsible for the "main" 3D games, and they would be for the Nintendo home console of the time usually. I'm sure no one would mind.

There'd be a series of on-foot racers that played like the Modern stages and the main series combined, and it would be a multi-platform release for everything ever. Tis all i need to say about that.

I imagine the rebooted story alone would cause chaos among the fanbase. Platform decisions- namely the main series games being Nintendo-exclusive- would begin my headhunt. I would flee to Europe and burn my face off shortly thereafter and a deboot would undo all my work. It would stay alive as a distant memory in the form of sprite animation and fanfiction during my exile as the series tumbled back into 06 chaos...

AND IT'D HAVE CHAO!

/long post

Dearest Sonic Team,

I learned that if you try to please every pony, you end up pleasing nopony, especially yourself.

Edited by Vantoggle
  • Thumbs Up 2