Awoo.

Games which you would like to see?

thedude2011

Crossovers are included of course.

My ideas:

• Tales of Sonic the hedgehog- Crossover between Sonic and the Tales of series (Maybe it could explore Sonic's past?)

• Sonic & Shadow- Like Sonic & Knuckles only with Shadow

• Sonic Adventure 3- I loved 1 and 2 so why not?

• Sonic Chronicles 2

• Shadow the Hedgehog 2- I loved the first, but the guns and vehicles have to be removed

Because Bowser is on his side (or at least he thinks so) ?

And discordant gameplay styles are the basis of the Adventure series, no ?

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd honestly like them to do a few different things.

• Sonic Adventure 3
  • Make an all-new classic 2D style game, NOT wanting to be a sequel to anything... Just make it fun and like the classics, and I'm happy...
  • Bring classic Sonic into 3D
  • Archie/Satam based Sonic game (Kinda like the cancelled one)

These are just some of my ideas. I'm sure I could come up with more, but these are off the spot... Also, a lot of these may have been said already, but I didn't read all the posts...

I'd honestly like them to do a few different things.

• Sonic Adventure 3
  • Make an all-new classic 2D style game, NOT wanting to be a sequel to anything... Just make it fun and like the classics, and I'm happy...
  • Bring classic Sonic into 3D
  • Archie/Satam based Sonic game (Kinda like the cancelled one)

These are just some of my ideas. I'm sure I could come up with more, but these are off the spot... Also, a lot of these may have been said already, but I didn't read all the posts...

Uhh, doesn't Generations count?

Uhh, doesn't Generations count?

Classic Sonic's gameplay in Generations is 2D. I would assume he means Classic Sonic with Classic gameplay in 3D.

Edited by Blue Blood

I want Sega to do an on foot racing game. As much as I'm NOT a "omg sawnik don need a kar" guy, I still think that making a racing game where you actually race on foot would be MUCH more inventive and unique. Sort of a platformer and racing hybrid like SA2's 2 player mode, but on a full scale. Unleashed is practically a single player racing platformer already, so that would work well with the concept.

A downloadable Sonic Level Builder for starters. Another would be a SSB-esque Sega fighting game.

Another would be a modern 2.5D Sonic game that retains momentum-based physics, and has level design modeled for these physics and alternative paths exclusively accessed by specific Sonic characters.

Edited by Ananze

id enjoy too see a sonic game like sonic adventure BUT NOT LIKE SONIC 06 like a combination of sonic adventure and 2 with a sonic gutair hero game crush 40 songs probly.

post-3195-0-90003800-1313489922_thumb.jp

Would a spy/secret agent/James Bond theme go well with Sonic, Adventure-styled? Like maybe Sonic could have travelled to some parallel universe and finds out that he is a skilled agent/spy at that universe? Having hub worlds where you could talk to people and uncover clues/evidence by interacting with objects in the hub world would be cool. And perhaps the other characters could be playable as each of them have their own special abilities (Tails - fly, Espio - turn invisible, Knux - good combat skills, etc). Oh wait, I think this game would be better suited for characters like Rouge, Shadow and Espio rather than Sonic, so I kinda figured that this game wouldn't work well. Maybe it'd be nice as a spin-off.

Now when you say make full use, you mean being able to move in 8 directions? Or interacting with the environment?

I mean the players makes Sonic move in all directions to traverse the environment.

You can do that in Unleashed too in case I'm mistaken.

Can do it, sure. Like Dio said, the opportunity rarely presents itself and even when it does there's bugger all to do.

Very rarely is there any opportunity or reason to.

Doesn't mean its not there to begin with. If levels were more like Eggmanland(without the cheap difficulty) then there'd hardly be any complaining.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, I know Unleashed is as linear as they come, and only a handful of levels have exploration of any kind, I'm just saying all of the levels aren't like that.

And based on what I've seen from City Escape the levels will probably be at least bigger than most of what Unleashed or Colors gave us.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 1

If levels were more like Eggmanland(without the cheap difficulty) then there'd hardly be any complaining.
I'm not sure what Eggmanland would look like without the bullshit difficulty.

I'm just saying all of the levels aren't like that.
They pretty much are. No level in Unleashed (or Colors, or what we've seen of Generations) even approaches the way a 3D Sonic level should be designed.

And based on what I've seen from City Escape the levels will probably be at least bigger than most of what Unleashed or Colors gave us.
Bigger, maybe, but no less linear.

I'm not sure what Eggmanland would look like without the bullshit difficulty.

I doubt it would look much different.

They pretty much are. No level in Unleashed (or Colors, or what we've seen of Generations) even approaches the way a 3D Sonic level should be designed.

So are going to tell me that Eggmanland or Skyscraper Scamper AREN'T big, I've probably seen people take about 3 different routes in those two levels alone.

Bigger, maybe, but no less linear.

Most of the levels in Sa1 are also fairly linear, so why is it that it gets a free pass?

Most of the alternate paths in Skyscraper Scamper are in the rail grinding section.

Edited by MarcelloF

I doubt it would look much different.
Then it'd still be a shitty level.

So are going to tell me that Eggmanland or Skyscraper Scamper AREN'T big, I've probably seen people take about 3 different routes in those two levels alone.
Being big, on its own, isn't a solution. The beginning of Eggmanland is rails and narrow paths over a death pit. It may exist in a large space, but so much of that space is instant death that it may as well be narrow, constricted hallways.

Most of the levels in Sa1 are also fairly linear, so why is it that it gets a free pass?
It doesn't! SA's a very rough game, limited by both the technology of the time, the team's inexperience with 3D Sonic, and a tight deadline. It's really not all that good. But it's got ideas worth springboarding off of. Edited by Diogenes

Then it'd still be a shitty level.

Being big, on its own, isn't a solution. The beginning of Eggmanland is rails and narrow paths over a death pit. It may exist in a large space, but so much of that space is instant death that it may as well be narrow, constricted hallways.

And some of the levels in Sa1 aren't? Specifically the first segment of Speed Highway, and Red Mountain?

Or how about Super Mario Galaxy where pretty much every level is suspended over a bottomless pit?

It doesn't! SA's a very rough game, limited by both the technology of the time, the team's inexperience with 3D Sonic, and a tight deadline. It's really not all that good. But it's got ideas worth springboarding off of.

And Unleashed gave us moves to make the 3D experience better, and mostly what you're asking for areless restricting levels am I right?

Most of the alternate paths in Skyscraper Scamper are in the rail grinding section.

They're still there aren't they? ITs better than a boost hallway, right?

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 1

What I'm not catching onto is why it can't have alternate routes and allow some free movement, and still have a linear A-to-B mindset. SA1 did it alright but could expand on it (as in, with more routes ala Speed Highway Act 2, Ice Cap Acts 1 & 2, and Red Mountain Act 1); and I think City Escape in Generations is showing a promising revival of that method, if the sights of all the more platforming, roads you could take, and open space to breathe and loll around in are anything to go by.

• Thumbs Up 2

What I'm not catching onto is why it can't have alternate routes and allow some free movement, and still have a linear A-to-B mindset. SA1 did it alright but could expand on it (as in, with more routes ala Speed Highway Act 2, Ice Cap Acts 1 & 2, and Red Mountain Act 1); and I think City Escape in Generations is showing a promising revival of that method, if the sights of all the more platforming, roads you could take, and open space to breathe and loll around in are anything to go by.

Edited by Shadic93

I'd want a Sonic fighter, but not if it's based on Virtua Fighter, or 3d fighting games in general. Aside from that, Sonic Rivals 3 with online races plz.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game I would like to see would be a 2-D side scroller that mixes elements from the Genesis/Advance trliogy, featuring:

*Momentum based gameplay.

*S3&K physics.

*Bouncing.

*Balance between speed & platforming as well as integrating both elements in a way that it provides a constant pace instead of a speed section and a platforming one.

*Levels that feature branching paths as well as designed to make the best use of each characters set of abilities.

*A varied cast, with characters getting priority in basis of what they can offer in gameplay instead of seniority status. (Sonic is a must since he is the basis and protagonist of the franchise, Amy would follow due to her unique Advance style gameplay with Knuckles as third for the functionality of his moves. Another character I have faith in bringing new gameplay elements is Big, mainly in the form of rubberband physics by using his fishing rod, etc. In short the goal is to not only have character variety, but also gameplay variety for additional replay value.)

*Make bosses a bit more complex by adding a few more attack sequences. Some of them, like the robots, can have multiple phases (think of the bosses in "Go! Go! Trouble Makers")

*An option to play as teams of two, with one character following you, but with the ability to switch between them in a fashion similar to DKC for the SNES.

*An option to save replays from your best speed runs.

*A level creator feature to make your own levels and share them online.

*The option for Sega to eventually add DLC characters in the future.