Awoo.

Interview with Pete Capella: Voice of Silver

Psyguy

Hey,

I know this is my own doing. But my group and I JUST finished our interview with Pete Capella, the voice of Silver the Hedgehog - where we got some good insight about him getting the role and good advice. BUT, Pete totally confirms some secret sonic project he's not allowed to talk about.

Anyways! Here it is!

Wha-chow! It's like a kick in the nuts!

Edit: Wow sorry about the typo's. That's what I get for doing an interview late at night. :P

Edited by Psyguy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Blue Blood

• Cany the hedge

Almost an hour and no response? That's no good. I'm listening to the interview now, but I'm sure that whatever it is will be announce for E3.

EDIT: Damn, I missed the hour mark by a few mear seconds.

EDIT2: They specify the ages.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wow he seems really nice. I'm listening to this while I type. Plus I never knew Silver was thirteen, I read somewhere he was fourteen.

EDIT: That Silver line was lets just say strange yet entertaining. That's great that Capella is giving advice out there to aspiring voice actors/actresses.

Edited by Silvereclipse

I'm guessing that the thing he's doing right now is M&S.
I think that's it too. I figured Silver would be a shoe-in because he he was planned for the first one- he even had a finished character model.

Collaborative? I agree, sounds like M&S. The big Nintendo-Sega collaboration.

Ha, I didn't even pay any attention to the word collaborative. Yeah, M&SatOWG it seems to be. But hey, I wouldn't complain about a new product either.

The part at the end was great, I always like hearing a VA use their character's voices live. ^_^

Yeah, I'd assume that the upcoming project he's talking about is Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics, but I'd like to think that an all new Sonic game is heading our way soon enough (especially with E3 only a month away).

Pete sounds like a really cool guy though, it was nice of him to offer those voice acting tips at the end too. I'm sure they'll come in helpful.

:D

That was an interesting interview. Its more than likely that the collaboration piece he mentions is going to be Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics however it could be something completely new. It was also interesting to hear his voice acting advice. The voice clip at the end was hilarious.

I don't think it is M&S, he said he wasn't allowed to talk about his new project, but M&S has been confirmet quite a while ago, so there's no reason for him not to talk about it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not, cuz that means he may be doing silver's voice again in a new game, and I would love to see silver again

Silver's guaranteed in Mario and Sonic, but if this is a "top-secret project," then obviously it couldn't be that because its already announced. Maybe he is hinting at Silver being their, as well, but I'm sure there's something else Silver's gonna pop up in, too. We'll have to wait and see, probably until the E3 stuff starts coming in.

M&SatWOG may have already been announced but they haven't officially confirmed that Silver will be playable (although it's very obvious that he will be). That might be why he has to stay hush about it.

I wonder if Silver would even be allowed to compete considering he has psychic powers.

I wonder if Silver would even be allowed to compete considering he has psychic powers.

I think if they're letting a guy who runs at 300 mph compete in track and field with an egg-shaped diabetic, all rules are out.

I don't think it is M&S, he said he wasn't allowed to talk about his new project, but M&S has been confirmet quite a while ago, so there's no reason for him not to talk about it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not, cuz that means he may be doing silver's voice again in a new game, and I would love to see silver again

I hope you're right. To be honest, Mario and Sonic really doesn't interest me in the slightest, so I'd much rather find out it's a new game.

Edited by DC111

That was a good little interview, and the end was really awesome. Silver has such a great voice for silly lines like that, so I hope he gets more in his future games.

Pete being an improv comic was very interesting as well, makes me wonder what wacky things he could come up with as Silver being put on the spot. :P

Interesting.

So, a new collaborative series? It could be Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, but since Pete could not talk about the new series, maybe we will find out more on this "secret" collaborative series at E3, maybe?

Edited by Flamerstreak

He sounds like a pretty cool guy.

I'm guessing that the thing he's doing right now is M&S.

I hope he is cause silver is one of my favorite sonic characters he will probably not be in the fast side but probably in the skill side because he slow in sonic the hedgehog 06 :lol:

post-877-1241374229_thumb.jpg

He might mean the next Nintendo developed Mario game that'll feature Sonic n' crew

Hey, do any of you remember that "SEGA vs Capcom" rumor that popped up a while back during TGS '08? He could mean that.

Either that, or a separate Mario & Sonic title aside from the Winter Olympics... Or, given the endings/final boss fights of both Unleashed and Black Knight, a crossover with a certain Namco character... Hey, you never know.

Either way, though, I don't think its the Winter Olympics, as that has been announced already. I mean, why hide something when its officially already out in the open? O_o

Hey, do any of you remember that "SEGA vs Capcom" rumor that popped up a while back during TGS '08? He could mean that.

I actually thought of that myself. That is a possibility.

Maybe Pete doesn't know if it was announced yet. I doubt he keeps track.