Awoo.

Interview with Pete Capella: Voice of Silver

Psyguy

Glad everyone likes it so far! Pete was really gracious. I still can't believe he said the slogan.

What makes me think it's not for the Olympics is that they usually get all the voices before any major production on the game gets done. The game's been flying around with screens left and right and he just did his new lines for silver last week. Plus, Kirb mentioned Olympics specifically and Pete didn't correct him.

*SHRUG* I DUNNO.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Blue Blood

• ovarloard

Glad everyone likes it so far! Pete was really gracious. I still can't believe he said the slogan.

What makes me think it's not for the Olympics is that they usually get all the voices before any major production on the game gets done. The game's been flying around with screens left and right and he just did his new lines for silver last week. Plus, Kirb mentioned Olympics specifically and Pete didn't correct him.

*SHRUG* I DUNNO.

True. The voices can be recorded anywhere up to a year in advance, and considering Winter Olympics has already been played by a lot of media outlets (even more so come E3) pressumably with the voices already implemented, it could very well be for another title we don't know about yet.

I can only pray the secret project is Mario and Sonic in Supper Happy fun Platforming Adventure game for Wii.

I gotta ask how you are able to get all those voice actors to do interviews.

Silver's "kick in the nuts" line is funny as hell

I isolated him saying the slogan in the Silver voice... now I want to stick it into Sonic Rivals 2 as his attack quip.

kick_in_the_nuts.mp3

lol epic

I am intrigued by all these secret game rumors. I'm really surprised no one has brought up a Sonic Rivals 3 suggestion. (isn't it about time for that one to pop up?). That one could be a colab with Backbone (or whoever is making that series).

I king of doubt the possibility of a Sonic Rivals 3. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for it. I also get the impression that Iizuka was Backbone's contact within Sega, but Iizuka doesn't have nearly the same influence he did before. Also, Backbone wanted to just make a regular platformer, and they might have gotten fed up waiting for Sega to let them. That's a possibility.

A note about that clip I uploaded: WMP cuts off the last second or so. It plays correctly in Quicktime, though.

Whoa!!, thanks for this Psyguy!!! , I was looking forward to hear an interview with Pete (Sicne I´m a Silver fan....although, that you may have figured it out already), never expected to hear Silver´s voice saying "kick in the nuts" :lol: .

And about that secret project....hmm, we still need to figure that ;) , heh.

Sega got to make Mario + Sonic Olympics, in return Nintendo were allowed to place Sonic in Brawl.

then

Sega got to make Mario + Sonic Olympics 2, in return Nintendo were allowed to place Sonic in ( ??? )

Sega got to make Mario + Sonic Olympics, in return Nintendo were allowed to place Sonic in Brawl.

then

Sega got to make Mario + Sonic Olympics 2, in return Nintendo were allowed to place Sonic in ( ??? )

The next Mario Kart?

Or maybe a platformer based soley on the abilities of Mario and Sonic. In other words, a real Mario and Sonic crossover.

The next Mario Kart?

Or maybe a platformer based soley on the abilities of Mario and Sonic. In other words, a real Mario and Sonic crossover.

Mario and Sonic fans (That kinda means us...right? :huh: ) would wet their hole street block if that were to become true <_<

That was a rather interesting interview. That Silver line would be great for my fangame.

But does anybody know what the interviewer was talking about when he mentioned a comic starring Silver or something like that, has anybody else heard this because that would be awesome.

But does anybody know what the interviewer was talking about when he mentioned a comic starring Silver or something like that, has anybody else heard this because that would be awesome.

I think its the Ghosts of the Future comic if I'm not mistaken, its on Deviantart. The artwork and story is amazing.

Pretty cool line, but poor Luigi. :(

If he's a cool guy, I wonder if Sonic Team forced him to make Silver sound so horrible? Or maybe he's secretly working on making Silver sound LESS horrible. Looking forward to it!

Pretty cool line, but poor Luigi. :(

If he's a cool guy, I wonder if Sonic Team forced him to make Silver sound so horrible? Or maybe he's secretly working on making Silver sound LESS horrible. Looking forward to it!

How can Silver be voiced less annoying than he is now? The only way to do this is to get someone else to do his voice.

How can Silver be voiced less annoying than he is now? The only way to do this is to get someone else to do his voice.
I think Tony Salerno, the guy who did Chip's voice, could do a great Silver. Edited by A Ham Sandwich