Awoo.

What do you think of Sega's recent plans of world domination?

PandoloFox

So sega is apparently hiring people for their social media devision.

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/09/sega-of-america-social-media-internship-position-available/

I laughed a bit at this. Cant say this is a professional way to "hire" people. When my first question is "is this real?" ( still have my doubts that it is as well ) it doesnt exactly inspire to apply for the job. But obviously this would be meant for sonic fans, since this is apparently how we want things to be like, or Segas interpretation of how we work ( ofcourse a lot of other options to why exists ).

Anyway,thats my take on it. What is yours?

I laughed a bit at this. Cant say this is a professional way to "hire" people. When my first question is "is this real?" ( still have my doubts that it is as well ) it doesnt exactly inspire to apply for the job. 

What exactly is wrong with it? 

What exactly is wrong with it? 

I think you need to be a bit more specific with that question. In what way do you think my sentence was insufficient?

In what way do you think my sentence was insufficient?

You didn't specify what was wrong with it.

You didn't specify what was wrong with it.

In short, what i was saying was that the first sentence doesnt make me feel that its realy sega that is hiring people. It looks more like some sonic fan pulled a prank on sega and its fans.

i also said it didnt feel professional. meaning that i "the reader" have a hard time taking it seriously. It doesnt exactly make me feel that the company in question is a serious buisness either.

Thats the more detailed version of what i was saying.

Oh wow, I could work for SEGA by running their Sonic Facebook page?

Sign me up, bro.

Oh wait, I live too far away. :c

Let me get this straight. 

You don't think a job advertisement, posted on a job recruiting website is real, because it contains some humour? 

Ok then.

Well, you are more then welcome to provide me with applications where "world domination" is mentioned as a quality. If that is the norm then i surely would be wrong for thinking that this was done in an unprofessional manner.

Well, you are more then welcome to provide me with applications where "world domination" is mentioned as a quality. If that is the norm then i surely would be wrong for thinking that this was done in an unprofessional manner.

I think you really need to lighten up instead of constantly looking for ways to criticise someone you don't like.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh wow, I could work for SEGA by running their Sonic Facebook page?

Sign me up, bro.

Oh wait, I live too far away. :c

I live in europe, this isnt even on the map for me xD

I think you really need to lighten up instead of constantly looking for ways to criticise someone you don't like.

i am actualy a very cheerful person, believe it or not. though im not sure why my personality has any bearing on anything.

i am actualy a very cheerful person, believe it or not. though im not sure why my personality has any bearing on anything.

Probably because every time someone mentions the current social media, you're usually in there slagging it off in some way. 

Now you've made a topic which is effectively 'I don't think this advert is genuine because it used the phrase 'world domination' I mean really, what exactly is the problem here? I just don't get it and I don't think you really feel anything for this other than a really petty excuse to try and drum up support for... you know I'm not entirely sure, I just don't get why the use of that phrase hit you so strongly to make a topic which complains about it. 

Lately there's been around 3 or 4 people constantly trying to drum up some kind of anti Sonic Social media stance, constantly complaining about everything and in some cases practically crying over jokes demanding that people lose their jobs over a jokes they don't like, I don't get or understand what the outrage is here? It just feels like you're complaining for the sake of it, I just don't understand why this advert for a job has got you so motivated to write a topic about why you don't think it's real.

• Thumbs Up 5

Probably because every time someone mentions the current social media, you're usually in there slagging it off in some way. 

Now you've made a topic which is effectively 'I don't think this advert is genuine because it used the phrase 'world domination' I mean really, what exactly is the problem here? I just don't get it and I don't think you really feel anything for this other than a really petty excuse to try and drum up support for... you know I'm not entirely sure, I just don't get why the use of that phrase hit you so strongly to make a topic which complains about it. 

Well obviously. if i dont agree with the methods, odds are im going to criticise it. Its not like im telling you to stop praising it all the time its mentioned. You and i disagree on this matter, simple as that. But as a person i have nothing against Aaron. he seems like a fun person, im sure i would have a blast with him.

For someone like you, i believe that this wouldnt come of as strange. You seem to have the impression that humor can not be wrong and that there is no time that require you to be a bit more serious. If you dont even know who im trying to get support from then why is that even an option?

The Phrase didnt hit me that strongly, i even mentioned that i laughed at it, hence why i thought that the title would be more fun and eye catching if i named it "world domination". But i suppose that it making you laugh voids it from all forms of criticism. dont know why this always becomes an issue of personality with you. cant just discuss the topic, huh :/

Also, you never gave your own opinion on this. I think i have a pretty good conclusion on your stance. But it could stand to reason that in a topic that asks "what do you think" that you would provide a deatailed look on your own perspective.

Daamn If only I wasn't too british to do this.

I'd totally be into shitposting in the name of Sonic.

work on your american swag then, i shall support thee ;p

op.png

... Well, honestly, I don't see what's so wrong with this job description. That line about helping them "take over the world" is clearly just a one-off attempt at humor. If anything, reading the whole thing just leaves me interested in applying for the position.

Which is totaly fine, i personaly dont think humor has a part in job applications since when looking for work, you dont choose based on how funny the company appears to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is totaly fine, i personaly dont think humor has a part in job applications since when looking for work, you dont choose based on how funny the company appears to be.

The humor was just added as superficial fluff to make the application feel more inviting. It's not like the application is overflowing with so many jokes that it's hard to tell what the job you would be applying for actually is.

There's honestly no reason to be bothered by what is essentially a throwaway line.

• Thumbs Up 1

The humor was just added as superficial fluff to make the application feel more inviting. It's not like the application is overflowing with so many jokes that it's hard to tell what the job you would be applying for actually is.

There's honestly no reason to be bothered by what is essentially a throwaway line.

I actualy gave you a reason, weather you agree with it or not is up to you.

So the question would be, why is superficial fluff necessary in a job application? If its a throw away line it has no place there to begin with. Its not a show exactly.

So the question would be, why is superficial fluff necessary in a job application? If its a throw away line it has no place there to begin with. Its not a show exactly.

No really why the fuck does it matter!?

Go back and read previous comments. Also, please give me your own opinion on it all. One might almost suspect that you dont like me ;)

One might almost suspect that you dont like me ;)

Oooooorrrrr the reason of this topic is pretty pointless since this could've easily been a status update instead of an actual topic.

And this is coming from the guy that made a topic about S Ranks......

Also, this is a subjective topic. A " I like it, I dont scenario". If you are looking for facts to support feelings, you are not going to find it here.

Oooooorrrrr the reason of this topic is pretty pointless since this could've easily been a status update instead of an actual topic.

And this is coming from the guy that made a topic about S Ranks......

If you want to argue that my topic is useless as a whole thats another matter. If an admin feels that i have broken rules or triggered flame wars then they have the right to remove my topic. But this was made to talk a bit about what people think about this. Not a school assignment where the purpose is to write essays about cause and effect.

But this could easily be fitted in to the already existing Sonic Social Media page, it ain't rocket science you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

But this could easily be fitted in to the already existing Sonic Social Media page, it ain't rocket science you know.

that is true, but i thought it deviated enough to be a topic on its own. After all, hogfather made his own topic about the twitter account despite there already existed a topic about the same thing.