Oh boy, do we have a competition for you this month!
We don’t know about you, but we are all incredibly excited here at TSS after seeing all of the new footage of the stages available in Sonic Generations! To celebrate twenty years of Sonic the Hedgehog and the impending release of Sonic Generations, the Sonic Stadium has teamed up with SEGA to bring you an incredible competition!
The good folks at SEGA Europe have kindly given us an ultra-exclusive First 4 Figures 20th Anniversary Sonic statue and one very, VERY lucky person will be walking away with this awesome piece of merchandise – you can’t buy these in the shops (and they go for a fortune on ebay) so this is your chance to bag an awesome item of memorabilia!
So how do you have a shot at winning this? Well, we want you guys and gals to show your creative side!
What we want you to do is recreate one of your favourite moments from the Sonic the Hedgehog universe…in photographic form!
We want you to be as creative as you can with your photograph! Maybe you want to get together with some friends and dress up to recreate a scene from Sonic Adventure? Perhaps you want to construct a scene from SatAM in clay? You might even consider making a segment of Sweet Mountain entirely out of cake! The choice is entirely down to you; the more original your idea and the more impressive and epic your picture is, the better chance you will have of snagging this ace statue…and believe me you will have lots of competition! The best photos along with the winning entry will be featured on the front page of the Sonic Stadium.
Get snapping, and good luck!
1. The competition is open to anyone worldwide, but please only one entry per person – multiple entries will not be considered.
2. We want your picture to be entirely true to your effort and true to reality – no photoshopping or digital picture editing in any entries please!
3. Pictures need to be in digital form (preferably in .jpg or .png format), no bigger than 5MB in size, but no smaller than 1200 x 1600 pixels – we want to see great quality images!
4. All entries must be emailed to tbird [at] sonicstadium.org titled “Sonic Snap!” – your email must include your photograph, a sentence describing which scene your photo is recreating along with your real name and email address. We will only ask for your postal information if we pick you as the winner.
5. All entries must be received by 5:00pm GMT on Friday 4th of November 2011. Any entries received after this date will unfortunately not be considered, so get them in before you start playing the game on launch day!
– Think outside the box! Don’t just get your toys out and take a photo – think of an idea or an element that no one else will think of! Use your environment, use props, use your brain!
– Think about your idea thoroughly! Don’t rush to get your entry in by the end of the first week! Brainstorm your ideas and talk to friends and family – sometimes inspiration comes from unlikely places!
– Use the time you have! You’ve got over four weeks to submit your entry – plenty of time to make or obtain anything you need to set the scene.
– Get others involved! Get your friends to pose with you, or get your folks to help making things – there is no limit to how many people you have involved in your entry!