Awoo.

Ok seriously....... Planking

Remynaka

I read about it after I heard some guy died planking on his 7 story railing or whatever... but I just got one thing to ask........ post-1358-0-39273900-1310805765_thumb.jp

post-1358-0-94318200-1310806032_thumb.jp

HOW THEY GET UP THERE???? That's all I really want to know. And where did this come from??? Did some people get bored and looked at bums sleeping on benches and say.. " DUDE lets lay down like that and post it on FACEBOOK" I'm kindof joking, but yeah..... thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 4

Thats wow, on the Mc Donalds sign too haha!

Thats a good question, how DID they get up their, my guess is they had some help, or just very good climbers.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles
  • Thumbs Up 2

Planking's only worthwhile if its done in interesting or dangerous places like that, but most people seem intent on doing in the stupidest, most mundane places, and those people should be curb-stomped where they lie.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Planking? I've been hearing a bit about this lately and it looks stupid as fuck. What possesses these kids to do something so frivolous.

• Thumbs Up 1

My friends have been doing it for a while, I've said countless times, that they're idiotic retards for giving into a fad thats been here forever, it just finally got a name, if I heard right, I think the whole planking thing came from either a comedy show or a music video, seems most likely in both cases.....

Either way it's stupid, and if people die from it, it shows how stupid they are <_<

• Thumbs Up 1

Having not too long ago watched a documentary about replacing high-voltage cables, which went into great detail about the kind of electricity going through those things and what it could do if it were to pass through a human...picture #2 up there scares the hell out of me.

Beyond that I have no idea what this is about. I'm one of the seventeen people left on Earth who aren't on facebook, so this fad has passed me by.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having not too long ago watched a documentary about replacing high-voltage cables, which went into great detail about the kind of electricity going through those things and what it could do if it were to pass through a human...picture #2 up there scares the hell out of me.

• Thumbs Up 4

People who plank are retards. I was walking through town today and some faggot was planking on a Skyscraper! What the fuck.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I don't see how this is any less dangerous than parkour and everyone loves that shit (well I mean, parkour has become a sport with disciplines in it's own right - I guess there are some plankers out there who take it very seriously and take the same vague precautions). It's stupid and dangerous but some people are thrillseekers I guess. I can't say I didn't get some entertainment out of a picture of a guy just randomly lying perfectly flat on a McDonalds sign.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now imagine that thing with a dude lying on top of it.

He'd be... shocked.

As sonic has said in a certain episode of AoSTH...

"You'll find the answer shocking"

;)

• Thumbs Up 2

What do you do after making a contract?

Kyubey_Planking.png

You plank, baby!

Uh yeah. I have been hearing about this on the radio for some time now. In the newspaper's front page there were even people from our government planking in their fancy ol' building o' laws. Not too well received, might I add.

The two pictures in the opening post scare me, though they do have balls. :P

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't see how this is any less dangerous than parkour and everyone loves that shit (well I mean, parkour has become a sport with disciplines in it's own right - I guess there are some plankers out there who take it very seriously and take the same vague precautions). It's stupid and dangerous but some people are thrillseekers I guess. I can't say I didn't get some entertainment out of a picture of a guy just randomly lying perfectly flat on a McDonalds sign.

Parkour actually takes some ability and there are rarely any Parkour related injuries. For one, I can't think of a traceur stupid enough to do something like climb power cables just to mount it on a whim because of the next point. Two, they drill their craft to the point they get it right everytime afterwards. Three, most traceurs take account of their safety than the ordinary person. They are just extremely confident in their abilities

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, this topic ought to be renamed "On Planking: A Moral and Ethical Treatise." I never realized high schoolers getting a laugh could be so... inflammatory.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Wow, this topic ought to be renamed "On Planking: A Moral and Ethical Treatise." I never realized high schoolers getting a laugh could be so... inflammatory.

It stops being funny at the point where someone puts themselves in serious risk of dying or being crippled just for a jolly photograph.

• Thumbs Up 1

An hilarious planking fail by a complete idiot:

6BaRC.gif

Hahaha. I enjoyed that.

But on a more serious note, people have pointlessly and without thought risked their own lives since time immemorial, and this is clearly yet another expression of that apparently innate human desire to do stupid things stupidly in a really stupid way.

The people who climb atop tall objects, or plank on things most of us would try to avoid, and do so safely, I can admire them and the images they produce, but the idiots who just do it on top of tiny bails of hay, or on rows of washers, on the floor itself, or do it in dangerous situations unsafely, they deserve no admiration and should be laughed out of town for their blind idiocy.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't get it, I don't see the point in it. I wouldn't do that, I don't want to seriously injury myself or even kill myself. The person in that GIF is lucky she didn't get seriously get hurt.

• Thumbs Up 2

With the exception of it being dangerous sometimes, planking has things in common with pant-sagging.

It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It isn't attractive. And it certainly doesn't make you look cool.

Instead, it make you look stupid!

I honestly don't get why anyone would do it, and it baffles me to see someone want to try it. <_<

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd never heard of planking until I saw this topic. No offence to anyone who does this, but it looks ridiculous, dangerous and totally not worth it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw this on t.v. once and never really understood the point. Of course where I live plankers would be bored out of their mind unless they want to be on a tree so I've never seen it in person. But, it just shows that people must be bored with their lives.

That has got to be one of the most stupid things I've seen in my life.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really don't get the point of it. The only ones I find impressive are the ones that climb on high structures to do it, but then I'm being impressed by their climbing skills, not their "lying down somewhere" skills.

Edited by Ekaje

Stealth bumming is funnier and less dangerous.

(look it up, and no, no actual bumming is involved)

Clearly I have a very different sense of humour to most of you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stealth bumming is funnier and less dangerous.

(look it up, and no, no actual bumming is involved)

Clearly I have a very different sense of humour to most of you.

YES YES THIS MAN IS RIGHT

This planking stuff is really stupid I'd rather do that what Velotix said since it is less dangerous but lulz are a given :P