azoo

In a perspective or orthographic view?

Totally frontal view, like this:

sonicmodel1.png

Sonic Unleashed Model, as far as I know xD

sonicmodelrip.jpg

I'd prefer if it could be like this but like the previous one is OK too xD

Edited by XRick

So guys, after messing around in cheat engine I've found out that Classic Super Sonic is literally broken.

Here's whats going on.

Super Sonic's top speed is supposed to be 145. But it's always 30, Normal Classic Sonic's top speed. This is because there's a piece of code (fstp dword ptr [esi+0000053C] -- at 00DC1580) that constantly updates his speed to whatever value is on the top of the stack. This is usually 30 unless you have speed shoes.

I NOP'ed this piece of code and, sure enough, his top speed was boosted to 145 when I transformed to Super Sonic. The problem with NOPing this is that his speed stays at 145 after u transform, even after u run out of ring or restart the level.

I don't know if anybody has found this out yet, but i'm just now learning this.

I'll see what i can do about this.

Can you upload a vid showing how fast he should be? That isn't too much to ask is it?

On the topic of hacking, this guy did an act swap for Classic and Modern, City Escape is the only level that Classic Sonic can actually complete:

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really support hacks, but these classic/modern swap hacks sure are fun to watch! :D

Would it be at all possible to rip Perfect Chaos' sound effects? >.>

Aren't they the same as the Adventure sound effects?...

Aren't they the same as the Adventure sound effects?...

I believe the cry he makes after being hit is new but the other is the same yes. I don't have the Adventure ones either though and with no idea how to get them. Since people are already digging around for models and shiz in Generations, I figured it wouldn't be too hard.

I want the voice clip of "Is something the matter?" from the Time Eater :(

So guys, after messing around in cheat engine I've found out that Classic Super Sonic is literally broken.

Here's whats going on.

Super Sonic's top speed is supposed to be 145. But it's always 30, Normal Classic Sonic's top speed. This is because there's a piece of code (fstp dword ptr [esi+0000053C] -- at 00DC1580) that constantly updates his speed to whatever value is on the top of the stack. This is usually 30 unless you have speed shoes.

I NOP'ed this piece of code and, sure enough, his top speed was boosted to 145 when I transformed to Super Sonic. The problem with NOPing this is that his speed stays at 145 after u transform, even after u run out of ring or restart the level.

I don't know if anybody has found this out yet, but i'm just now learning this.

I'll see what i can do about this.

If that's the case then I guess we can be expecting a patch for the console versions.

On the topic of hacking, this guy did an act swap for Classic and Modern, City Escape is the only level that Classic Sonic can actually complete:

This guy did Green Hill better.

I want the voice clip of "Is something the matter?" from the Time Eater sad.png

Guys just ask someone who has the PC version! I'm sure SEGA still encodes their SFX in .wav format like the other sonic games. This isn't like the console games where you have to convert from .adx first.

I can't wait for someone to do Classic Sonic in Modern City Escape.

They've done everything already, including a hack to make all the Modern levels playable as Classic.

They have.

Normally, this is the part where someone gives you a link, but I don't have that on me right now...

This guy has done most of the levels, but some, he says, are more difficult than just swapping some files.

Edited by Menorah in Oil Ocean Zone

I've been watching videos of all cutscenes from SA1 onwards xD and I remembered something...

This is not of Sonic Generations, but could someone tell me if there was anytime extracted any of the World Maps that show up on Shadow The Hedgehog's cutscenes on G.U.N. HQ?

Guys just ask someone who has the PC version! I'm sure SEGA still encodes their SFX in .wav format like the other sonic games. This isn't like the console games where you have to convert from .adx first.

Uhm...ok, that's why we were just asking here, because there's a high chance of people owning that version here

I'd try the PC version topic as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you upload a vid showing how fast he should be? That isn't too much to ask is it?

Here ya go.

What think?

EDIT: srry it took so long. =/

Edited by XylemTube
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here ya go.

What think?

EDIT: srry it took so long. =/

That's how it should have been (minus the shield) in the game!

OMG!!! Sweet!!! Is that for PC? If so, when is a patch coming?

Yes, it is for pc, but I'm pretty sure the speed was just gained by spindashing everytime super sonic stopped, so this isn't a patch mellow.png

In this video, Super's top speed was set to 300, more than twice that of his should-be 145, and his running acceleration was set to 24. Normal Sonic's top speed is 30, while his acceleration is 7.

His spidash remains unchanged... i should fix that lol.

Edited by XylemTube

Yeah, I read somewhere that Classic Super Sonic may be like that because his values wouldn't change after reverting back to Sonic if the rings reached 0 during the level. Maybe a bug or something?

MAKIN' PROGRESS smile.png

Unlike my last video, his speed actually changes when he transforms, as demonstrated in the video.

Right it's official. Sega and Sonic Team need to hire you momentarily so you can patch Super Sonic and make him not suck. Either that or some employees at Sega can just use their brains and patch him themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1