Awoo.

Sonic Generations on Wii U

Typical

Okay, the way I see it, Sonic Generations is the big anniversary game.

The Wii U comes out a year AFTER the anniversary so that would defeat the point of it being an anniversary game.

61M0V4EYN9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(yes, I'm aware it made it in the same year, but it was cutting it dangerously close to 2002)

Besides, what's the problem? It's supposed to be the big anniversary game? Does that somehow make it unfit to be released a little bit later?

Another thing I'm not getting in this thread is how people are complaining about having to save up to get a PS360 but have no qualms about saving up for a Wii U? What?

Eh. When you put it like that, yeah, it seems pretty dumb, but I think the real issue is buying one console for one game vs saving up for a console that you know you're going to buy multiple games for.

The same could be said of you with regards to Nintendo

Huh? I don't even own a Nintendo console, thank you very much. I play all my Sonic games on my friend's Xbox 360 and PC.

Thats not an argument for Generations being on the Wii-U. Sonic Team decided that this game is going to be on the PS3 and 360, so that's what it shall be released on. How hard is it to understand. Tough luck, better luck next time.

It is an argument.

Back in 2001 a little game called Sonic Adventure 2 was released. A few years later after the Dreamcase died, SA2 was released again on the Nintendo Gamecube. But....what about the PS2 and Xbox? Oh well, too bad, Sonic Team didn't want to release it on the PS2 and Xbox, tough shit. If you were a Sonic fan, and want to play it, you'd just have had to suck it up and buy a Gamecube. I was in this situation (I had a PS2), and I certainly didn't want to have to buy either a Dreamcast or Gamecube for 1 game. So I had to sit out on the big 10th anniversary game.

And then Sonic Adventure DX was released on XBLA and PSN, but not WiiWare (because of actual limitations, and you could play the GC version anyway). Also, after the Adventure titles, they went multiplatform nuts with Heroes, Shadow, Riders, and so on.

10 years later and the situation is no different.

This time, Sonic Team doesn't want to make Generations on the Wii and have no immediate plans on porting the game to the Wii U, so they're sticking to the Xbox 360 and PS3, where they can show off their custom-built HD Graphics engine. Except, now, everyone is feeling so very self-entitled.

An HD Graphics engine that can be ported to the Wii-U.

Oh and by the way, they probably will Port Generation over to the Wii U after a while (depending on its sales of course).

They said that they won't. We're saying that the reasons for not doing so are pretty hollow.

Sonic Team don't want to make it on the Wii/Wii U. That's that. You are not entitled to having the game come to your console, simply because you're a fan and its the big birthday blowout. Fans have had to deal with disappointment in the past, and you'll have to face disappointment now, just grow the fuck up. You can't win them all.

Well you're a pleasant little person, aren't you?

Its not our choice. We aren't advocating the game remaining exclusive to the PS360. It would be fantastic if it was released on the Wii. But Sonic Team don't want to make it on the Wii, so that's that. You win some, you lose some, that's the way the world works. You can't always have everything your way.

And somehow we aren't entitled to voice our opinion?

Hey guys! There's war and famine in the world! But don't complain! That's how the world works! (kind of a stretch, but you get my point, I sincerely hope)

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

XBOX AINT GOT GAMES

Was that a serious statement?

*starts a list of all the GREAT game on the 360*

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd rather play it late than never try it.

Lol wait. We all forgot about the PC version.

"But I don't have a computer high end enough to run Sonic Generations on it!"

Back to square one.

the 3DS version has better be good otherwise I'm not getting it.

Back to square one.

Right. I forgot about that.

Bad news bro..................

• Thumbs Up 1

Back to square one.

Exactly. After a certain point, you just have to say, "Too bad." Not everyone can play everything, and it's no one's job to make sure everyone can play everything.

You must not have seen the gameplay videos yet then. Think SONIC 4 + SONIC RUSH + CRAPPY LEVEL DESIGN. That basically sums it all up there.

Why do you guys want a port of a game that will be a year old by the time you can play it on a Wii U?

Seriously, what the fuck is the point?

Because they couldn't play it before, and now they can?

You must not have seen the gameplay videos yet then. Think SONIC 4 + SONIC RUSH + CRAPPY LEVEL DESIGN. That basically sums it all up there.

Actually, not even Rush. It's UnWiished, except only 2D.

Yeah. It actually does Sonic 4 and Rush a disservice.

Sonic 4.

Sonic 4.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Because they couldn't play it before, and now they can?

then buy a ps3 or 360

/thread

Eh, whatever. Any Wii U Sonic game we'll get should still be as fun as long as it's not another Storybook game. It's only a matter of time before Generations is old enough for everyone to play it.

Pretty stubborn and insensitive towards the individual who's invested in another platform.

Invested in another platform? Bullshit. The Wii HD won't even come out for at least a year. The only investment you have in another platform is the blind fanboy rage at the thought of even considering a console not from Nintendo.

Telling them to suck up and save up when they can't necessarily do so is pretty assumptive and displays a lack of empathy

And yet, lo and behold, that's just what they're gonna have to do. Or they don't play the game. Why is it that Nintendo fans, and only Nintendo fans, find this concept so amazingly hard to grasp? You aren't entitled to jack shit. Where is the empathy for PS3 owners for the dozens and dozens of fantastic games that never left the 360, and continue to never leave the 360? Why is it a faux paus for them to bitch and piss and moan about not having games, but it is perfectly all right for Nintendo fans to do the exact same thing?

I recall eagerly waiting for Adventure 2 Battle to be released on the PS2. There was no reason for it not to be. There would be tons of sales for it. The PS2 was a sales darling, and had a wide demographic (far wider than the Gamecube ever had). And then it never came. And you know what? I sucked it up, saved some money, and I went out and bought a fucking Gamecube.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 6

Actually, not even Rush. It's UnWiished, except only 2D.

Yeah. It actually does Sonic 4 and Rush a disservice.

Sonic 4.

Sonic 4.

Really? Well I wouldn't know since I skipped UNWIISHED and destroyed the HD version.

I sucked it up, saved some money, and I went out and bought a fucking Gamecube.

Which means you also got to play the legendary smash bros melee too right? :blink:

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Invested in another platform? Bullshit. The Wii HD won't even come out for at least a year. The only investment you have in another platform is the blind fanboy rage at the thought of even considering a console not from Nintendo.

And yet, lo and behold, that's just what they're gonna have to do. Or they don't play the game. Why is it that Nintendo fans, and only Nintendo fans, find this concept so amazingly hard to grasp? You aren't entitled to jack shit. Where is the empathy for PS3 owners for the dozens and dozens of fantastic games that never left the 360, and continue to never leave the 360? Why is it a faux paus for them to bitch and piss and moan about not having games, but it is perfectly all right for Nintendo fans to do the exact same thing?

I recall eagerly waiting for Adventure 2 Battle to be released on the PS2. There was no reason for it not to be. There would be tons of sales for it. The PS2 was a sales darling, and had a wide demographic (far wider than the Gamecube ever had). And then it never came. And you know what? I sucked it up, saved some money, and I went out and bought a fucking Gamecube.

This, touched me in places.

So wonderful, especially the last bit about the PS2, I had to do the same thing, didn't play SA2:B until around 2005 or so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it a problem to have faith in a company that promises backward comparability to the previous generation, as well as have access to the classics of the generations prior?

And yet, lo and behold, that's just what they're gonna have to do. Or they don't play the game. Why is it that Nintendo fans, and only Nintendo fans, find this concept so amazingly hard to grasp?

Not a Nintendo fan. Keep thinking that.

You aren't entitled to jack shit.

No one's entitled to anything when it comes to video games. But does that mean we can't express what we think?

Where is the empathy for PS3 owners for the dozens and dozens of fantastic games that never left the 360? Why is it a faux paus for them to bitch and piss and moan about not having games, but it is perfectly all right for Nintendo fans to do the exact same thing?

For the record, I agree with you.

Which should not have been the case. But it was the case. But it wasn't the case for Sonic Adventure DX in the following generation. I know it's not SA2B, but it's an example of what could have been done.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?! :D

I think we're being pretty civil right now, actually. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

Which should not have been the case. But it was the case. But it wasn't the case for Sonic Adventure DX in the following generation. I know it's not SA2B, but it's an example of what could have been done.

So you'll just have to wait till next generation to get to play Generations. Also, what happened with SA2, is happening with Generations.

I know you're disappointed, heck I'm disappointed because my [sister's] Wii is basically collecting dust, and I would like to be able to use it before the Wii U comes out.

We could cut back on the swearing just a tad.

I don't expect a Generations port to coincide with the launch of the Wii U. It's unrealistic to expect such things, plain and simple. But could a Generations port come around some time after that? No one can say. If it does, good, extra money for Sega. If it doesn't, you will come around to playing Generations in some form anyway. Perhaps a friend or family member has a 360 or PS3, or you will have enough to buy a second-hand 360 or PS3, or your computer will be powerful enough to play the PC version. Either way, you will play Generations at some point in time, provided you don't die of some accident in the near future. Your mortality will be all that stands in the way.

Edited by Preston
  • Thumbs Up 2

So you'll just have to wait till next generation to get to play Generations. Also, what happened with SA2, is happening with Generations.

You mean it'll be released on a console that dies and is released on a Nintendo console several months later? Jeez, sorry 360/PS3 owners!

I know you're disappointed, heck I'm disappointed because my [sister's] Wii is basically collecting dust, and I would like to be able to use it before the Wii U comes out.

I'm not particularly disappointed. I'll get to play the game. I'm just looking at the situation and seeing thousands of other disappointed people and chipping in some defense. I mean, it wasn't fair for Sonic Adventure 2, and it isn't fair now.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 10th anniversary game. Released on another platform.

Edited by Azukara

I'm not particularly disappointed. I'll get to play the game. I'm just looking at the situation and seeing thousands of other disappointed people and chipping in some defense. I mean, it wasn't fair for Sonic Adventure 2, and it isn't fair now.

• Thumbs Up 1

This, touched me in places.

So wonderful, especially the last bit about the PS2, I had to do the same thing, didn't play SA2:B until around 2005 or so.