Awoo.

Super Sonic?Hyper Sonic.

NytroFactor

how do think the super would work on classic?

would he get the homing attack.What about Hyper?Your opinions plz.

Hyper_Sonic_by_Hyper_sonicX.gif

He would work like in Sonic 2.

Hyper Sonic won't be in. SEGA always seems to ignore Sonic 3 and Knuckles and it's influences..

I don't think we'll see Hyper and I just want Super to be faster, higher jump and invincible.

As awesome as it would be, I just don't see Hyper Sonic getting into Generations. Classic Super sonic easily will, and he would act like his sonic 3 iteration.

how do think the super would work on classic?

would he get the homing attack.

No, he'll work like he did in the classic games.

What about Hyper?Your opinions plz.

I don't know... I think he looks quite happy living under that rock. I don't think there's anything to be gained from disturbing him... nope, nothing at all... ever. : D;

• Thumbs Up 1

Hyper Sonic won't be more than a plot coupon at best.

Just so they can do a Doomsday Zone.

Edited by Carbo

Super, if they do it (which is fairly likely), will work like it always has; invincible, faster, a higher jump, and probably infinite boost for modern Sonic, otherwise the same as normal.

Hyper won't happen. There's literally no point in it; all it does is clutter the story. And anything desirable from the Hyper forms can simply be transplanted onto the Super forms.

If Hyper Sonic ever returns, then he should only be a super bonus unclockable with absolutely zero bearing on anything else in the game. He's just be Super Sonic but ZOMFG FASTER with kill-all ability. So yeah, he'd be pointless.

EDIT: lol :P

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

There better be Super Forms in this game! Especially for Classic Sonic! I've waited too damn long for that little critter to go Super Saiyan and kick some ass! :angry:

As for Hyper Sonic, i wouldn't mind seeing him return. I know that there's almost no chance of that happening unless there is A Doomsday Zone. But it would be neat if he showed up. ^_^

Soooooooooooo yeah. Please have Classic (and of course M. Sonic) use their Super Forms in game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Nah, I don't think Hyper Sonic would return, besides maybe some Sonic 3-related concept art, or something. I mean, he's over-powered, and only appears if you lock Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles together, and no where else after that. It just seems like a gimmick so the game could have 2 different sets of Emeralds, since it's 2 games in one. I still think each Sonic will be able to go super, but beyond that, I don't see much else happening.

If Hypser Sonic ever returns, then he should only be a super bonus unclockable with absolutely zero bearing on anything else in the game. He's just be Super Sonic but ZOMFG FASTER with kill-all ability. So yeah, he'd be pointless.

Hypser Sonic......Never heard of him before.

Is he a hip-hop hedgehog who is down with the funk. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I really, really dislike Hyper Sonic. He looks worse than Super Sonic, in my opinion, and is just an annoying "What can we throw in to stop players from feeling cheated at having to collect two sets of emeralds" extra.

Personally I don't really even consider Hyper Sonic canon. I hope he never comes back. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Hyper Sonic is good, if they don't make him a walking Seizure. Just have him be a really bright platinum colour.

Super Sonic can be a faster, invincible Sonic with Unlimited boost.

Hyper Sonic could be Super Sonic, but with the warp dash (Air boost, but kills all enemies on screen and deals double damage to bosses). The warp dash allows Hyper Sonic to fly as long as you hold down the air-boost button, but consumes twice as many rings per second.

Also, both should have an over the top boost/spindash animations where sparks fly and the path catches fire.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

warp dash (Air boost, but kills all enemies on screen and deals double damage to bosses). The warp dash allows Hyper Sonic to fly as long as you hold down the air-boost button, but consumes twice as many rings per second.

Also, both should have an over the top boost/spindash animations where sparks fly and the path catches fire.

Hyper Sonic could be Super Sonic, but with the warp dash (Air boost, but kills all enemies on screen and deals double damage to bosses).
Overkill. You're already invincible, you can kill anything just by standing in it. Honestly, I could count the number of enemies I've intentionally used Hyper Sonic's air dash to kill on my fingers.

The warp dash allows Hyper Sonic to fly as long as you hold down the air-boost button, but consumes twice as many rings per second.
Where, exactly, are you going to fly? And for what purpose? Sonic levels just aren't made for this, especially not the ones in this game.

Overkill. You're already invincible, you can kill anything just by standing in it. Honestly, I could count the number of enemies I've intentionally used Hyper Sonic's air dash to kill on my fingers.

Where, exactly, are you going to fly? And for what purpose? Sonic levels just aren't made for this, especially not the ones in this game.

Just a thought dude.

If they were to do it (Which they won't, outside a Final Final boss), this would be a decent way to do it.

They might bring back Hyper Sonic just for Doomsday. For Nostalgia.

It would only be useful in 2D sections stop stop yourself falling, and in 3D areas (especially where it's open) you'd break the game. Yeah, flying is a no no.

After 4 and Colors, I'm expecting Super Sonic to be unlockable in this game as well, though I wouldn't expect Hyper to appear again simply because there's no real cause for it, since it only existed in 3&K because they wanted to add something extra to the locked-on game.

Just a thought dude.
Just a thought about your thought, dude.

If they were to do it (Which they won't, outside a Final Final boss), this would be a decent way to do it.
I disagree, for reasons I stated.

They might bring back Hyper Sonic just for Doomsday. For Nostalgia.
Personally I really hope they don't. It may be nostalgic, but it's also clutter. And I've yet to see any suggestions to differentiate Hyper and Super that either aren't ridiculously broken or can't just be given to Super, or any reason to keep Hyper around in the first place. It's better to just let that form stay dead.

If Hyper Sonic were being seriously demanded, then I would have demanded Excalibur Sonic in protest, its spin-off status be damned.

I mean, he's Super Sonic. With armor. And no annoyingly-descending ring count. And a big-ass magical talking sword. And a cape. That's red and billows epically. By all accounts, he's pretty impenetrable. And his existence doesn't mess up the Chaos Emerald count and thus the majority of the canon either.

Screw Hyper Sonic. tongue.gif

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Then why not mention darkspine sonic?

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

To bad I can't. I spammed the crap out of that thing when I unlocked him back in the gen days. To bad it never worked on bosses though. That would be an AWESOME overkill.

See, why bother? You TOUCH things and they die, why would you bother hurtling forward at an uncontrollable speed? Enemies might as well not even BE there as Super Sonic, Hyper Sonic is just bullshit in the end. Super Sonic with a flashy paint job and an air attack that does just about nothing useful in the end.

There's no reason for Hyper Sonic, he's more than likely not even canonical. I don't know what the huge fuss over him is, because he's nothing. At all. Nothing. He's not even particularly more POWERFUL than Super Sonic in any way that actually matters.

No reason. None. He'd be a waste of time to bother creating. Hell, he'd be a waste of time to reskin onto a Super Sonic model.

• Thumbs Up 4

<'Hyper Sonic is rubbish and pointless' rant>

This. So much. Quoted for truth.