Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Generations demo = Yay.

Expires = Boo this man.

Classic Sonic only = Wah?

Come on now Sega. One step forward, two steps back. :/ Still excited though.

Edited by Torcano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some news about the demo!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308587/news/surprise-sonic-generations-3d-demo-out-tomorrow

The demo is hitting XBLA and PSN. Unfortunately it's only TEMPORARY! After July 12th the demo will no longer work.

EDIT: Also it looks like we're only getting the classic version of Green Hill

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAT! What about the Modern version??!!

Edited by Spicylicious Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know it's better than nothing, and we really shouldn't complain too much for getting a taste of the game well before release, but it still kinda sucks.

After that my hype level went down. As much I want to play Classic Sonic, I want to play as Modern Sonic.

EDIT: Trial Demo. So my downloaded copy won't work after July 12th. Curse you Sega... ._.;;

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Modern Green Hill isn't all that different from a day time stage in Unleashed (boost, hit a rail and grind, fail to slide under a panel forcing you to backtrack and attempt again)

20 day limit is a bit harsh thou.

• Bad Quality Post 6

So it seems the 20 day limit must have been what the 20th Anniversary Twitter was talking about.

Hey, at least we'll still get to nitpick the hell out of Classic Sonic's gameplay. And hey, since the inclusion of two playable characters is a major selling point this time, I wouldn't count out the possibility of a modern demo yet.

Modern Green Hill isn't all that different from a day time stage in Unleashed (boost, hit a rail and grind, fail to slide under a panel forcing you to backtrack and attempt again)

20 day limit is a bit harsh thou.

• Thumbs Up 6

Soo.... any chance the rumor of the Steam beta will come to fruition as this demo as well for tomorrow? My 360's outta commission right now :unsure:

And I understand about how it's temporary, but not so much how it's just Classic Sonic. Why not have the same demo that E3, Sonic Boom, and everyone else got to play? I mean, it's a build of the demo that already exists, and it has both Sonics, after all....

Aw well. Perhaps this demo is simply a love letter to fans saying "SEGA does what Dimps don't!" or something. Regardless, tomorrow should be interesting. B)

Edited by EXshad

I can potentially see why they did this-- There's naturally been more fuss over the way Classic Sonic controls than Modern Sonic. It's not enough to simply make him a controllable character. For many, he's gotta be nigh-on perfect, so this is a fine opportunity for Sega to gauge their progress and potentially implement any last-minute control tweaks.

No Modern Sonic and an expiration date still sucks though, but hell, beggars can't be choosers. I want-- no, I need to play this game, so I'll happily savor this little morsel for the time it lasts. It's better than waiting until October. xP

Unfortunately it's only TEMPORARY! After July 12th the demo will no longer work.
  • Thumbs Up 2

No Modern Green Hill? Well that's...disappointing. I was really looking forward to Spin Dash Drifting.

Also, is it a bad thing that I'm so used to SEGA pandering to our demands that my first thought was "Maybe if we BAWWWWW loud enough they'll give us Modern too?" Wow, SEGA has spoiled me.

I was thrilled with the demo being released but Classic only and a 20 day period really sucks :/ that's so disappointing. A. I'm looking forward to Modern as much as Classic, perhaps Modern more so and B. I'll only get to play it for about 3 days. Going down to SoS on Friday and going away to Portugal for 2 weeks on Sunday, coming back on July 10th D: BALLS.. Gonna have to play the hell out of the bitch tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, Gold membership users, get ready to rip the demo and put it up for download on Megaupload or something, so I can put it on a CD or something. Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 3

The lack of a Modern Sonic stage is a bit of a kick in the pants (that is certainly the one I would have wanted to play if given a choice) but at least they are giving us a little taste of something.

Finally I get to have a go at this “overpowered” spindash. I like my Hedehog to roll fast anyway.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Sonic Generations wouldn't be Sonic Generations without Modern Sonic in it...it just doesn't make sense as to why he's not in the demo. But I wouldn't count him out until I actually download it tomorrow. ;)

Is the demo only available for gold members? If it is, then I have a 48 hour gold membership and I'm not afraid to use for something like this.

I can't wait to upload my first gameplay video of this game. :D

The limited nature of this demo is probably due to it being from a beta version. I'm sure after this demo, we'll eventually get a new one from a more up-to-date code. Sega probably wants us to give feedback from the demo after the whole Sonic 4 backlash.

I think not including Modern is going to be majorly confusing for people who won't even realize Sonic Generations exists until tomorrow. Has SEGA confirmed that it Classic only?

I think not including Modern is going to be majorly confusing for people who won't even realize Sonic Generations exists until tomorrow. Has SEGA confirmed that it Classic only?

Wow SEGA. What a great way to handle a demo for a game that's supposed to please both Classic and Modern fans. <_<

Way to completely miss the point.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay. Okay. Er...

Well! Twenty days only is a pretty big disappointment. Classic-only I can live with, but come on. =/

As someone else said, Classic is the one that the fans are more likely to hate on if Sega don't get it 100% perfect, so I can see why they're giving that more attention. Also, I guess they still want SoS to have something as a Europe-first exclusive.

Makes sense, I guess. 20-day limit is still lame though. :(

I wonder if unlugging the Internet and setting the System to a different date might do the trick. Probably not, maybe it counts the days itself and is not actually set to a specific date... =/

Edited by Tobibrocki